Chapter 48

Anderson Grant

I stared into the dark abyss of my room. A quick glance at the Google Hubs lets me know that I have 5 more minutes before my 4AM alarm goes off.

I take a deep breath as I internalize what today means.

Looking back at the past 15 years, and all the hard work and sacrifices I've made to foster self control and be the best version of myself.

Back then, 15 year old Anderson thought it would be for just this day. However, now that I'm here, I realize that I was making a change for something far greater than one title.

My dad gave me a choice then to choose the company or a life of delinquency. I thought I chose the company but really, I chose to develop into a man, a protector, a husband and partner who my wife and family can comfortably believe in and depend on.

Those rolls come before everything else.

When I left T.D. Grant two years ago, I knew in my heart what it meant.

A break.

However, I needed these two years to open my eyes to the real. To what truly matters.

This woman that I've chosen to love and care for has given me more reason to live, more reason to succeed and more reason to excel far greater than my dwindling passion for my family's legacy was providing.

Because of these past two years I can confidently step into this roll that I've been groomed for without a doubt that I am that guy.

Mr. CEO.

I can because my wife believes in me.

The alarm bleared through the stillness of the room and I rose to my feet slowly.

Taking up my phone, I smiled at the text from Shan on the screen wishing me a great first day.

Wife in a the Don life enuh.

I quickly responded to her, while checking on her and peanut. I know that she is lonely there by herself.

She has yet to tell me that she was scared of staying back alone but I already knew. Just by her actions while I was in London I could tell that she was trying to be as close to me as possible without seeming too clingy.

However, this is Shanique we a talk bout. Mi read her like a book. Plus I overheard her conversation with Tanya the day after my birthday.

I haven't said anything to her about it but I'm working out a solution for this issue.

Currently, Julian is on babysitting duties. Him a push hard for the God Father role, so might as well put him to work.

He and Shan are close so it won't come off super strange that he has been checking up on her daily and taking her where she needs to go. Whether personally or by providing car services for her.

She needs to be as relaxed as possible for the next 6 months.

Walking out of my home gym, I check the time once more. It's 7:30AM and I need to shower and head to the office within 30 minutes.

I'm meeting with Pops there before work starts.

My phone chimed and I took it up to read the morning motivation mommy sent me.

I smiled while responding to her with a promise to come see her this weekend.

Not long after I was heading into the Monday morning traffic.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Andy, bwoy mi cya stop smile from mi wake up." Pops says as a way of greeting.

I arrived here 10 mins ago and I've been sitting in my soon to be office waiting for his arrival.