Chapter 45

Shanique Munro-Grant

"Yuh nuh feel like yuh must talk to me bout them sumn here before yuh do yuh thing?" I asked my big headed husband.

He just smiled at me while stretching out his overgrown body across the bed. Him think me a smile with him.

"Anderson, how many boards are you going to have me on?" I asked frustrated.

I just think that this is a lot, especially for me. Anderson has it in his head that I'm some superwoman and I just can't agree with him.

Like okay, yes Cryptic has been growing rapidly under my leadership but, I have a team. A great team that gets the job done. However, T.D. Grant? That's a regional company that has been established way before my parents even thought about me.

How can I be on their board?

Then nuh them time deh di gyal dem ago chat me pon the socials?

"How will I even attend meetings now? You heard what Dr. Marham said? My pressure is high and I'm at a higher risk. I'm literally stuck here until she gives me the go ahead to travel again." I say and he cocks his head to the side.

"Yuh pressure high because you won't relax." He stressed.

"Cause they're fucking up Anderson!"

"Suh fire dem. Waah the issue?" He looked at me side ways.

"I am not you!" I breathed out and he just chuckled.

"I don't want you to be me. Just want you to realize your power and use that to your advantage. We pass the hand holding stage with people." He mumbled and I sighed.

"Me feel like a broken record telling you this again Shanique. We see the formula that worked with the Jamaican team, why yuh a try reinvent the wheel here? People a people." He shrugged.

"Plus, as your man I know what you are capable of. This is a simple thing for you to maths up. Them old dinosaur deh won't know what hit them."

"Dan people are going to talk when the news go public. They already think mi fuck my way to the top." I tried to explain.

"Did you?" He asked and I paused.

Did I?

"Shanique, as my wife you could be home spending my money without a care in the world. Instead, yuh deh here a build up my dreams. Member seh when you met me Ctyptic was still a figment of my imagination enuh? Weh we deh now? London a sort out taxes and benefits for our employees. I'm way pass the point of thinking about what people have to say when it comes to you."

All of that is true but still, why him strong arm him mother for the spot?

"Why you need me on the board?" I asked. I know it's not just him thinking I can do the job. Anderson have sumn up him sleeve.

"Glad you're finally asking the questions that make sense." He says with a smirk.

"As the CEO, I only have 45% shareholding in the business, not enough to make any critical decision without majority backing from the members. Yuh know dem old boy deh nuh like me already.  As it was stated in the legislation, I can't make any decisions without having 75% voting rights. My 45% plus your 5% is a solid 50%, Pops has 20% so that's 70% right there and I know he can talk Barry into voting in my favour if needs be." He concludes and I just shook my head.

This man is always plotting. As simple as people see him here, he is always up to something.

"So you intend to monopolize the board and you needed me on there to ensure that?" I clarified.