Chapter 12

Sprinkling holy water on this chapter because y'all horny goats need it. Won't mention y'all by name.

Shanique Grant

My head was still spinning from all that I learned over the past few days.

Everything has been playing out like a dream and I'm not sure when I'll wake up. I'm not sure about anything at the moment.

Looking to my right, I smiled small as my husband listened attentively to Pastor Murray's sermon. Honestly, I've been so deep in thought that I don't even know the topic that he is speaking on.

I've just been in my head the entire time. My mom is sitting on the opposite side of me with a big smile on her face. That smile has been there since the moment we pulled into the church parking lot.

She is happy that we came.

After service Anderson and I were bombarded by the inquisitive church women as expected. Luckily mommy saved us and we were able to leave unscathed.

Driving out of the church parking lot my belly rumbled. I skipped breakfast this morning because we were running late and I'm now regretting it.

"Mommy, did you cook before you come church?" I asked, hoping she would say yes.

My mom usually have Sunday dinner ready by 10 each week so, hopefully she hasn't gotten lazy with me and Fabian gone.

"Yes Shanique. How yuh love yuh belly suh?" She hissed and I had to look around my seat at her.

Why she a deal with me suh strong?

"I didn't eat breakfast mommy, my belly a touch my back." I said and I could see I made mistake saying that.

"How yuh mean? Suh yuh never wake up early and make any breakfast for your husband young lady?" She said making Anderson laugh.

Then how him reach in a this? Nuh me hungry?

"Anderson, Shanique didn't feed you before you come church?" She asks and I give him a sharp look.

If him ever say anything that I don't like yuh see. It is his fault why I was late, Anderson wake me up this morning horny as log fi sex.

"We were running late mum." He responded and I nodded along.

Good boy.

"You know seh a you spoil her though? I'm not even going to put my mouth into unu business cause all you're going to do is defend each other." Mom says and we laugh.

Pulling up to mommy's gate I grew excited to see my baby. It's been forever and I know he has been missing me.

I hopped out quickly, running into the yard calling out to Skeng. I didn't see him anywhere nor did I hear him running.

I was disappointed.

"Mommy where is Skeng?" I asked as she approached me.

"Shanique mi nuh tell yuh the situation with yuh little bad breed dog already? Him deh over Ms Charmaine yard a guard the place like a him a man a yard." Mommy says, stepping up her steps.

Anderson chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

I was too hungry anyways to even think about that situation so I joined them both in the house.

Mom was in her room getting out of her church clothes and I went in there to bother her.

"Nice, clean skin Jacqueline." I say and she rolled her eyes at me.