Chapter 35

Shanique Munroe

Gizzy threw up on me.

Oh my god!

We had such a good day today touring the island. Barbados was literally from here suh to there suh and me and Shawntel set out to visit every little spot so I could take lots of pictures.

We had lunch on the beach and Gizzy got to go in the water. She looked so cute in her two piece. If Fabian ever know him kill the two a we because he was adamant about me not buying them.

Him cya stop me and gizzy show.

I feel so sad that my week has ended but I have so many beautiful memories with her. I basically adopted her for the week and she had no issue clinging to me all the time. Had to give her all of my love and kisses.

Poor Shawntel was just reduced to milk and photography duties.

I had a whole album dedicated to this trip in my phone. I was spending today just relaxing and getting those last precious moment in with her but Giz had other plans.

Now I'm in the nursery bathroom wiping puke off my shirt.

Eww

"Little girl why yuh do that to Aunty?" I asked a giggly Gisele.

She was too cute to be mad at.

"See how she is laughing? Cause she knows you spoil her rotten." Shawntel said with a playful scowl on her face.

"If I don't spoil her who will?" I ask as I kissed the baby's neck repeatedly. I think it's ticklish to her cause she keeps hunching up every time I do it and I giggles get louder.

Her laughter is so infectious and hearing it takes all my depression away. She is so pure.

"You're going to leave me here with an extra spoil baby, Shan." I looked over at her and smiled.

She smiled back at me.

"When she acts up, you can just pass her to my brother. Mek him deal with her." I say and chuckled.

"Did he tell you?" She asked after awhile and I paused.

"Tell me what?" I asked, curious by her tone

"He's moving here. To live." She says with a smile.

I did not know that.

Oh

"For real?" I asked in disbelief

Why am I even shocked though? Fabian has spent more time in Barbados over the past year than he has been in Jamaica. Shawntel and the baby is here and those are the two most important people in his life right now.

Me and Ms Jackie affi wait we turn.

"Yeah. I was scared that he would want Gizzy to be raised in Jamaica, but he just came to me one day asking about the paperwork for residency. It's processing." She tells me excitedly.

Me happy fi her.

I was all for them coming to Jamaica but unu nuh see seh the man send me gone a England massa?

I miss my yard.

This year has literally not gone as planned. I was supposed to be home enjoying my luxurious home that my husband built for me but no, I'm stuck in the UK with no husband.

Crosses.

"Suh how soon will all of the paperwork be sorted out?" I asked her, to get some more info about this situation.