Chapter 25

Shanique

"So she has been coming here everyday?" I asked.

"Almost. They stay in the office for hours and sometimes they leave together." Rushka informs me.

I held a neutral facial expression while she tells me all of the details of my husband's new "friend".

I barely walked through the door five minutes ago, when she pulled me aside.

She mixup

"Oh, okay I know who you are referring to now. That's our newest client, I'm guessing he didn't do a formal briefing to you guys?" I say to her.

I wasn't 100% sure about what I was saying but I did notice that he had added a new client profile to the deck. A Model Talent Agency, and the person Rushka described sound like someone in the industry.

Now as for her being here almost everyday, locked in my husband's office was news to me. However, I will never let anyone, especially an employee get the impression that there are issues in my marriage.

Dan and I have always presented a united front, even when our world is crumbling around us.

"Anyways, you can get back to work now." I say dismissing her and making a note to tell Dan that her mouth a nuh fi her.

That can be detrimental to the business. We handle sensitive client information and we can't have a gossip in our mids.

I then turned and walk away from her, adding some pep on my step to meet this little girl who has been occupying my husband's time.

I just flew in from New York and honestly I'm jet lagged and tired but, I wanted to stop by on my way to the house to see Dan.

I was not expecting all of that information to greet me as I walked through the door.

Turning the handle, I pushed the office door open without knocking.

The scene before me however, was not what I was expecting.

___________________

"Wah the fuck Mi must think Dan?" I asked as I walked around our temporary bedroom unpacking my suitcase.

I had left him at the office earlier and this man is just coming to meet me at home two hours later.

I'm upset but for some reason I couldn't show anything more than annoyance.

He was laid out on the bed scrolling through his phone and ignoring me.

I've been ranting since he came home and this has been his reaction to it all.

Silence.

I stopped my movement, while I observed him fully. He knows my past with my cheating ex, he wouldn't do that to me right?

Granted what I saw in the office can be a cause for concern, I'm sure it's not what it looks like to the naked eye.

Shaking my head I dropped the piece of clothing that I had back into the suitcase and closed it.

If this is how he is going to approach the situation then fine, watch me be childish too.

Cause what kind of out of the blue nonsense is this?

I walked out of the room in search of something to do that doesn't involve beating Dan out of a piece a pipe. He can be so fucking hard to deal with sometimes but I thought we were pass all of the crazy bullshit. 

Mi not even know weh the likkle mawga gal name.

I guess mawga gal a really him type cause she has the built of his ex.