Chapter 41

Anderson Grant

"That a nuh the point mi a mek." I say, dropping the standard English and getting real brawling on these people.

They all stared at me wide-eyed while Shan sat beside me sipping on her homemade smoothie.

From I instructed her to not let anything stress her out she has been doing just that. We had a doctor's appointment yesterday and it was good, they ultimately told her not to do anything strenuous while they monitor her because as she slip and stress too hard she is going to be on bed rest for the reminder of the pregnancy.

Doc had pulled me aside and told me to be very vigilant because we all know what is at stake here. By some miracle Shanique is carrying this baby and me swear to everything that is holy Mi not even a mek breeze blow pon her too hard.

Too much to loose if I fuck up.

"Based on the deal negotiated, she would have to be in some meetings." The Newspaper boy said and I just flag him off.

"Why?" I asked, staring at the screen intensely.

Him lucky him never even in a the room cause mi know me would a shot him a box. Him too fucking annoying man.

He didn't respond.

"How many meetings are we looking at?" I said, getting even more annoyed.

"Once per month." He said quickly.

I looked over at Shan, who was shaking up her cup trying to get the last of her drink before looking back at the screen.

"Can she do it via zoom?" I asked and they nod.

Alright, I guess I will have to compromise.

"Okay, you up for that?" I turned and ask my wife who simply nodded.

She looks tired.

"Alright. That can gwaan. Creg here will deal with the communication for now, and we will sign our copy of the contract and send it over to you later today." I say ready to get this meeting out of the way.

"Okay Mr Grant. We will also send over the documents that you requested later today, our team is still compiling everything." He says and I nod before Creg takes over the meeting.

I zoned out as they get into the legal shit and faced my wife.

"Yuh good?" I asked, while caressing her elbow.

"Yeah, but I'm hungry now. Unu soon done?" She asked with a poor thing look on her face.

I chuckled lightly at her dramatics. From a few days ago Shanique appetite just took a major turn and every two hour she want something to eat.

It would be bad and not so bad if she was just eating, but she expect me to eat with her too each time. Granted, I do be enjoying the different stuff that she is craving but if me follow Shanique the both of us ago look pregnant in a month or so.

Good likkle thing I got the all clear to go back to the gym now. We finally figured out the source of my illness, Peanut and him mother.

Never hear them sumn deh yet in a my life. Man a have morning sickness. Then a this mi did a run dung and a try breed off the people them gal pickney fi come experience?

Thank God this a the first and last one as bad as it sound.

Cya do this shit a next time.

I looked over at Creg, who seem to be wrapping up the call.

"It look suh. Yuh know what you want to eat?" I asked and she shook her head no.

"Alright gwaan think about it." I tell her and faced our lawyer as soon as he ended the call.