Chapter 40

Shanique Grant

"Can I have the oxtail empanadas to start, the jerk chicken burrito and a Lemonade please?" I told the waitress before exiting out of the safari page showing me the menu.

She gave us our wait time and then left.

It was quiet between us then and I kinda expected it. I've been a bad friend.

"Tanya, I don't even know where to start honestly. The past two months have been nothing but pure torture for me." I say with a shakey breath.

She stared at me but didn't say anything.

It felt awkward.

"I know on the surface everything seemed okay on the surface and no matter what I'm not making any excuses for not reaching out." I trailed off

Tanya was just staring at me.

I sighed, looking away just in time to see the waitress coming with our food.

Good, because me and Peanut hungry.

Yes, I gave the little gremlin a name because why not? Plus me and her dad cya stop crave peanut butter so the name seems fitting.

Sigh

I don't even want to think about her dad right now. He's in a state of shock. He's at his his doctor as we speak trying to get answers about his super sperms.

I would hate to be the doctor that fucked up his vasectomy right now.

My tummy grumbled at the sight of our lunches. Everything looks good, even Tanya's chicken nachos. Me just waah eat everything.

We waited until she set everything before us and left but nobody made a move.

I could tell that Tanya had something she wanted to say.

"Shanique, yuh do this to me every time. When things good, we are friends but whenever you're going through something is like you block me out. Mi come to you with everything, work problems, family drama and shits with Leo's dumbass. But it seem like I'm not that friend for you and I just find it so strange." She says and I sigh.

A true.

Tanya tells me everything, all the things that are TMI.

"I need to work on opening up more and I know that. I want to do that because bottling shit in is so depressing man." I tell her.

She nods while reaching for one of my empanadas. I watched her movement thoroughly as she dipped her hand into the tray and retrieved one of the deep fried patties.

I never planned to share.

"Sees like it's a lot of things you're not sharing with me then." She says in a sarcastic tone before biting into the mixture of tortilla, meat and cheese.

I took up the other one, pressing my napkin on it to soak up some of the oil and started to eat.

This shit was banging.

"Is there a lot of things that you're hiding from me shan?" She pressed but I ignored her, polishing off the empanada.

Feel for another one.

Tanya kissed her teeth loudly and that brought my attention back to her.

She had an annoyed look on her face.

I sighed knowing that I couldn't skirt my way around this one. This was Tanya after all, my best friend in the entire world.

"I'm pregnant." I confessed and the look on her face was almost comical.