Chapter 8

Shanique Grant

The closer the plane got to the ground, the brighter my smile got. Looking outside the window I could see the Caribbean Sea's glistening blue waters below.

It looked breathtaking.

"Welcome home baby." Dan's voice filtered into my ear and turned to find him leaned over my chair, staring at me.

"I missed it." I tell tell him with excitement.

"I know. This is your life now Shan, constant flights and time away from home." He says, confusing me some what.

I scrunched my face up a bit.

"What do you mean?" I'm lost.

"Shan..." he trails off.

I stare at him, trying to figure out what he's trying to insinuate.

"Shan yuh know mi cya be away from you too long. Mi need yuh in a mi bed every night but mi also need to get this new agency up." He states and my throat closed up.

"I thought..." I trailed off. That wasn't the original plan. I'll be staying here to manage the local firm while Anderson spearhead London.

This is new.

"I know but I've changed my mind. I want you by my side. I want you in those international boardrooms. You're ready." He says before placing a kiss on my cheek.

I had no words.

What Anderson was suggesting is sending my mind spiraling. The first thought I had was my team and how would they survive without me there everyday. I am very hands on with my approach and I'm scared that being away months at a time will cause problems.

"Don't over think it." He whispers

I'm jolted by the plane hitting the tarmac.

We've landed.

"I have a surprise for you." Anderson tells me as he pulls down my carryon from the overhead bin.

He looked down at me with a childlike grin and I couldn't help myself but to grin back at him.

I couldn't even share in his excitement due to the conflicting thoughts running through my head. 

Anderson is scheduled to be back in London in a month's time, I have so much catching up to do and I had planned on really buckling down on our local operations.

Cryptic London is for the European market while Crytptic Jamaica, services the Caribbean and the US clients.

Him cya be serious about having me behind him pee pee cluck cluck. This must be a sick joke.

Leaving the airport, my mind kept overthinking. I barely acknowledged CJ who was super excited that we were back. Poor thing did lonely and miss him friend.

He hasn't shut up since we got in the car.

This reminds of when we came back from the Mexico trip.

I zoned out of the conversation so much that I eventually fell asleep. I was gently jerked awake by Anderson who had a big grin on his face while holding up a KFC bag.

This had me smiling because I really missed KFC.

"Mi get yuh some chicken. Eat." He demanded, pushing the bags towards me.

I took it quickly and he turned around to face the road. We were parked outside of the KFC but it was just the two of us in the car.

"Where did CJ go?" I asked