Chapter 6

Shanique Grant

They were late.

We have been sitting in this boardroom for 10 minutes now awaiting the arrival of the potential investors.

I take a peek over at Anderson who seemed pretty relaxed, which caused me to relax a bit too. I'm not sure where he knows these guys from but I have looked at their online profiles and they seem ligit on the money end.

I've heard the term serial entrepreneur used before but I have never had the pleasure of meeting any in real life. The list of companies that they have shares in, plus sitting on the boards of numerous corporations for only being Anderson's age of 29 is crazy to me.

The fact that they even agreed to meet with us was a miracle in my eyes.

We waited for another five minutes before the door to the boardroom opened. In walked a short light skin man, wearing a navy Armani suit. I recognize him instantly from the images online. That's Julian Suarez, the man holding the money we came here to get.

Behind him was a taller version of him, his brother and business partner Julez. He was not as imposing as his brother but gave off dopey finance guy vibes. He crunched the numbers.

"You're late Julian." Anderson spoke up for the first time since we were led to this room.

I side eyed him.

"Ah Grant, ever the stickler for time. I'm here within the hour. That should say something." Was Julian's response.

Wait, am I missing something here?

"You need to put that Hublot to use, is what I think." Anderson responds flippantly.

No man, dem man yah know each other.

"It's just for show." Julian smirks as he and his brother takes the seats across from us.

"And you must be Shanique. Pleasure to meet you my dear." He says, his face transforming into a shit eating grin. The British accent more pronounced than before.

"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you." I say, extending my hand for a handshake.

He takes my hand but instead of shaking it, he flips it over kissing the back of it.

"Hey! Nuh bother with that!" Anderson exclaims forcing me to pull back my hand in fright.

Julian isn't bothered by his outburst though and only chuckle while he raises both palms in the air, backing off.

I was looking around like that one sponge bob meme.

"Anyways, let's get started. Did your team look over the contracts that I sent?" Anderson asks.

Julez laughs, his first reaction outside of the bored look that he has been sporting.

"We did. You are a mad man!" He says, shaking his head at Anderson.

I decided to keep quiet because obviously my husband has some previous dealings with these men. I know he's affluent and from The Who is who in Jamaica. However, these men aren't Jamaican  and the pound sign sits in front their millions.

This is the big league.

"What's the issue you're finding with the contract Julez?" Anderson asks sternly. All playfulness gone.

"The deal is bullshit." He spats.

"The deal is fair. You give me five million, I give you that back in full plus 10% just because you're pretty. I source the clients, manage the business and you get to sip margaritas on a boat with your boyfriends." Anderson counters.