Chapter 52

Anderson Grant

The little man a stare dead in a me face and nah blink a fuck.

Bold as fuck to just be a week old.

Peanut.

Look weh Shan help me create. Him red just like him mother.

I was speechless.

I haven't uttered a word since he was born and I saw his mother attached to all those wires. Shan fuck me up the real way.

But she awake now. Thank God.

She and her mother in the room cuddle up & I was sent to retrieve this one. I haven't touched him since he was born. I just come in here and stare at him and he stares back. Mommy do his feedings & them thing deh.

Me nuh know, like me happy but the entire ordeal fucked me up.

Nuh waah go through that again star, nuh think I would have been a good single dad if Shan did kick the bucket.

She try know seh we nah do this again, ever!!

"Junior, yuh mother wake and a ask for you." I tell the unblinking baby and he smiled.

Then watch yah.

"Oh suh me get blank stare & Shan get smile? Yuh try know seh a out a my balls yuh come from youth." I say in a playful tone and he started to squirm and then let out a loud fart.

Dah baby yah nuh have no manners.

We continued our sharing contest as I try to figure out how to lift him up without hurting him. He's so tiny and delicate.

Nuh waah drop him a fuck.

"Do you need some assistance?" I small voice asked, breaking me and Junior's staring contest.

I looked over at the friendly pediatric nurse who is always wearing pink scrubs, whenever I see her.

She always a come attend to Junior when me deh yah.

"Yeah. I wanna take him to my wife, but I don't want to lift him out and hurt him." I tell her, after a quick glance in her direction.

"Oh, I can take him for you." She said, before grabbing the blanket from me and stepping towards his bassinet.

She quickly swaddled him and then clicked something on the legs of the thing and then started to push it out of the ward.

"Then me could a do that?" I thought to myself as I trailed behind her towards Shan's room.

Approaching the ward, I stepped in front of nurse pinky to open the door.

Shan quickly looked over at me as I stepped through but her face dropped when she realized that I didn't have the baby.

Unu see this, one whole week me deh yah a starve myself and a bawl over Shanique and she nuh excited to see me.

Is a youth weh she not even meet yet she a throw me weh fah too enuh.

I held the door and the nurse pushed the bassinet in and Shan smile returned.

As a baby mother.

"Oh my God is that him?" She gushed weakly and I rolled my eyes.

Dramatic.

I walked over as the nurse placed the cot beside her bed and adjusted her bed so she could sit up.

Her c-section wound is still somewhat fresh and she can't move certain way or it might burst.

"Oh my God, Dan why him look like you suh?" She asked as mommy adjusted the baby for her to see him properly.