Chapter 24

Anderson

"I'm going to fly to New York with Andrea and then leave from there to come to you in a week's time."  Shan tells me on the phone.

I didn't respond. 

She has already extended this trip for a whole two weeks already and I'm honestly pissed off.

"I thought we had agreed that Andrea would handle Malique? Why are you going?" I asked her, the annoyance loud in my tone.

She laughed.

"Yes but he asked me to come as well when he learnt I was back home and I agreed." She says while moving around the Jamaican office.

I hissed loudly and she paused to look at me.

"Suh why yuh a behave suh?" Shan asked with an attitude.

"Suh yuh just disregard the plans Yuh had with me without even saying shit to me and yuh think mi ago okay with that Shanique? Don't be fucking ridiculous now." I say sitting up straight in the office chair.

It was close to closing time and I was honestly over the day.

Shan was supposed to come back two weeks ago and every week is an excuse.

"Dan it's business." She tells me and I got mad and hung up on her.

Shan nah understand herself.

Is like she nuh realize that the state that we left Cryptic Ja in, she doesn't need to baby them.

We a try start something new that needs our full attention yet still she down there a do Andrea's fucking job.

What's the damn point?

I rested my head on the back of the chair and closed my eyes. Shan a play with me right now enuh.

I was disturbed by a knock on my office door.

I checked the time and quickly realized who it was.

"Come in." I called out and the door was no later pushed open.

"Hey you!" Char said and I smiled at her.

Her bubbly personality always seem to lift my mood and I have been looking forward to our meetings.

"Hey! What the fuck are you wearing?" I asked her.

She had on what I assumed to be a dress made of settee fabric and some massive platform shoes.

It's weird but on her it works.

"It's Balenciaga. Get with the program." She says taking a seat at my desk.

"It looks ridiculous." I countered.

"You're ridiculous. Anyways, I did not come here to argue about fashion, I came to bring great news." She says with a big grin.

I leaned back in my chair and rubbed my chin.

I smirked at her before responding.