One

~Camila~

~Camila~

"I'm leaving!" I yelled from the living room, rolling my box to the door.

"Already?" Dad asked, disappointed, coming down from the stairs. I smiled at him.

"I'm sorry, Dad, but you know I'm a busy person. I promise to visit during spring break."

Mom emerged from the kitchen, her dusty apron tied around her waist. She smiled and pulled my head into her neck, giving me an air kiss on my cheek.

"Please stay safe honey, and call us when you land."

"Of course, Mom," I kissed her forehead and hugged Dad.

"Kira, I'm going!" I yelled out for my younger sister, noticing she wasn't present. She came down, looking like a zombie in her baggy nightgown and disheveled hair.

"For heaven's sake, Kira, you should have looked presentable," Mom scolded, and she rolled her eyes.

"Come on, Mom, let a lady live. Besides, I just got out of bed," she rubbed her eyes and looked at me. "You're leaving so soon?"

"Yes, lil sis, I have to." She frowned at me. "Hey, I'm 18, okay."

"It still doesn't change the fact that you're my baby sister," I pulled her cheek, and she slapped my hand away.

"Well, you know you have to get a room for me because after my graduation, I'm coming over." I nodded at her with a smile.

"Of course, my doors are always open. Well, I have to leave now so I do not miss the plane."

I gave her a quick hug and waved at my parents before leaving. My dad's driver was waiting for me already. He helped me put my box in the trunk, and I thanked him with a smile.

My family stood at the porch, watching me as I got into the car. I smiled at them one last time and waved at them through the window.

My family isn't the typical billionaire or millionaire family, but we live a comfortable life and can afford a good amount of things.

I'm originally from Trinidad, but I grew up in New Orleans and moved out three years ago after I graduated from university.

I studied entrepreneurship and mastered fashion and designing, which earned me a job in a fashion house.

It isn't as big and famous as Chanel, Gucci, or Dior, but it's a well-reputed company and makes a good amount of money, which makes me earn a handsome amount of cash.

After an hour, I landed in Orlando and booked a cab. I arrived at my apartment, and the driver helped me carry my things up to my floor. I gave him a grateful smile and added an extra tip for his kindness.

The scent of flowers hit my nostrils, and I smiled at the warm feeling of my home. My apartment wasn't luxurious but was quite expensive, yet beautiful and simple, with a spacious living room, two bedrooms, and a kitchen.