Three

~Camila~

~Camila~

"Paula," I called out, and she looked up from her computer with a bright smile.

"You're back!" she squealed, running over to hug me. Except for Ava, Paula is the second friend I have, and she's the only one who has kept me sane in Ava's absence. She pulled away, and I noticed her colorful attire, which matched her bubbly and outgoing personality.

"I'm so happy you're back; it was so boring without you," she dramatically flailed her hands in the air. I smiled and shook my head in amusement.

"Tell me, how was your break?" Paula asked.
"It was good," I replied. "I got to clear my mind and have some peace."

Paula sighed sadly and wrapped her arm around my shoulders. "I'm so sorry I wasn't at work that day. If I had been, Aubrey's fake face would have been destroyed by my fist!" She snorted, and I laughed.

"It's not your fault, Paula. You don't have to apologize. Besides, I can handle myself," I said, with a confident smile.

Paula rubbed my shoulder. "You know I'll always be here for you, right?" I nodded with a grateful smile.

"Thank you Paula. Well I came here to get information about some meeting about...

"Shit!" She cursed and slapped her forehead.

"I'm sorry Camila, I totally forgot about that. I should have sent a text to brief you about the meeting but I totally forgot". She went over to her table to search between the files that layed scattered on it.

"It's ok, just tell me what this meeting is about".

"AHA!" She exclaimed when she found what she was looking for. "Here, this is where he is suppose to sign that's if he agrees to be.....

"Paula" I cut her off from her rambling session and she smiled sheepishly.

"I'm sorry". She mumbled

"Tell me, what is it about?''

"Alright" . She started to explain, and as she did, I silently considered the points I could make to persuade the individual in question to support the business.

"What's the time?" I asked.

"It's past two already, why?" She furrowed her brows and i shook my head.

"It's nothing, I just want to know how much time I have to get myself ready for the meeting". She squeezed my palm and gave me a reassuring smile.

"I trust you will be able to do this Camila"

"Thanks for your support, besides what's the name of the man?"

"Let me check" she excused herself to look through her journal.

"Yeah, Luciano Dela Lucchese" the name rolled off from her tongue. "I knew I was forgetting to tell you something Cammie" her eyes gleamed with mischief cobbling me to give her a suspicious look.

"You have to make this perfect because Luciano Dela Lucchese is no one to be mess with. Arrogant, powerful, dangerous and the most important he is sexy" she blinked her eyes dreamingly which rivaled a chuckle from me.

"You're impossible Paula".

"Now I wish I was the one in your place but that's not a problem, you can help me right?"

"Paula" I scolded.

"I'm going there for work and as you said he is no one to mess with, you know I really can't risk my life and face his and Mr paisley's wrath".

"Yes I know he is not one to mess with but you can mess him up, I mean look at that ass" she smacked it making me groan and slap her arm.

"Behave Paula" I glared at her and she pouted but then another mischievous idea struck in her colorful brain making her grin like an idiot.

"Well if you won't do it for yourself then do it for me. I'm going to send a lot of my sexy nudes so you can show him then he'll request for me".

"You're crazy" I shook my head in disbelief and left.

~~~~~

I made sure I looked presentable for the meeting before I left the office. While in the car I kept reciting my points over and over again.

This man should be so powerful and of great importance because Mrs paisley heavily warned me to try and be perfect to impress him. I wonder who he is and why I have never heard of him.

A tall sky high building that was constructed with dark glasses came into view. I parked my car in the lot filled with other luxurious cars and got out.

When I thought the exterior of this place was beautiful I get in to be awed by how magnificent the inside was. I wonder how much the owner spent on creating such a master piece.

Whoever he is, he undoubtedly loves the colour black because it is used in so many things—furniture, walls, tiles, and other items. The setting was just as silent and solemn as it was frigid. This room was completely silent, in contrast to the bustling, noisy staff of the "Paisley fashion house."

Only the sounds of people typing on their keyboards, shoes clicking on the clear marble tiles and the industrial sound from the air conditioners could be heard.

I found the receptionist and she nicely guided me on what to do and I sent my gratitude to her before making my way into an elevator.

I arrived at the floor she gave me and met his secretary. she asked me to wait because he was in a meeting with someone else.

I glanced at the time and saw it was past seven already. What kind of a workaholic is he that his meetings extend till late at night?

After series of anxiously tapping my legs, the sound of a door made me pause my action. A lady dressed in a red skimpy gown walked out looking angry.

Her face was baked with makeup and her black hair was held in a high bun. Her eyes landed on me and for some reason she scowled.

I don't even know her and vice-versa so why did she do that? Now that's what I'm talking about when i say they hate me for no reason.

Shrugging the hurtful reality behind, I braced myself up to face a bigger problem.