Two

~Camila~

~Camila~

I applied my perfume to complete my look and smiled at myself in the mirror, admiring my beauty. I grabbed my bag and keys and left my apartment.

"Morning, Camila," Ricky's sudden voice made me jump a bit. He walked up to me, flashing his charming smile, which I returned.

"Hey, Ricky." I noticed the blue suit he was wearing, which fit his muscles perfectly. His brown hair was neatly styled, and his jaw was clean-shaven.

"You look beautiful as usual," he complimented, his eyes fixed on my face, making me blush.

"Thanks, Ricky." He handed me a cup of coffee, which I politely declined, causing him to frown in disappointment.

"I don't drink coffee," I explained, and he nodded in understanding.

"Well, I'm sorry. Next time, I'll get you juice." I laughed and shook my head as we walked to the garage.

"Thanks for the offer, but you really don't have to. See you later, Ricky." I smiled and got into my car. He waved me goodbye as I drove off.

I arrived at the company and was greeted by the warm smile of Mr. Paul, one of the security staff.

"Mr. Paul," I called out, and he hugged me.

"My favorite girl, I missed you, Cammie." He exclaimed dramatically, and I laughed.

"I missed you too, Mr. Paul. I hope you didn't use my absence as an opportunity to work late." I gave him a pointed look, and from the smile on his face, I knew he did.

"Mr. Paul, you know you aren't supposed to overwork yourself." I scolded him, and he sighed.

"I know that, Cammie, but I have to do it for my son's well-being." His face turned sad, and I sympathised with a soft smile.

"I know that, Mr. Paul, but overworking yourself isn't the right thing. Besides, I don't mind giving you a good percentage of my salary to help." I suggested, but he shook his head disapprovingly.

"You don't have to, dear."

"But..." He smiled and disagreed with what I was about to say.

"Come on, you have to go now. I'm sure you don't want the boss to have your head."

"Alright," I sighed and went in.

As I entered the office, I was greeted by the murmurs of my coworkers, which they never failed to hide. I wondered why they hated me so much, as I had never wronged any of them. Holding my head up high, I ignored their stares and murmurs and hurriedly stepped into the elevator.

"Like I knew I'd have a lot of work to do," I muttered, seeing the stack of files that greeted me. I sighed and dropped my bag on the sofa in the corner of my office. I settled down, brought out my laptop, and started working.