Thirty-Seven

I stayed at the balcony watching the peaceful bright sky filled with twinkling stars

I stayed at the balcony watching the peaceful bright sky filled with twinkling stars. The night breeze fanned my face and I shut my eyes enjoying the soft feeling.

A hand on my shoulder made me open my eyes immediately and I stayed frozen on my spot not wanting to look back because I knew who it was and I sighed.

''Luciano I told you I don't want to speak to you" I hissed out as I remembered what he did to me earlier. His hand lingered on the small of my back and I turned to give him a piece of my mind.

He was in a pair of black sweats and matching hood, his dark hair glistening under the moon light.

His gray eyes appeared lighter than usual and his lips pulled up in a smile which made my eyes narrow in confusion. When did he start smiling and why's he smiling?

"Luciano i--- He chuckled and shook his head.

"I'm not Luciano Piccolo fiore" the voice familiar to Luciano's spoke and I furrowed my brows. "T--then who are you?" I mumbled out.

"That selfish jerk" he spoke under his breath.

"I see my foolish brother didn't tell you about me. I'm Luciene" he introduced with a charming smile and I couldn't help but admire his beauty. They are sure brothers because the similarity is clear.

"Y-you are really brothers?" He chuckled and nodded.

"Yes honey, that idiot is my twin" now my jaw was slacked opened. "Twin" I whispered in fascination.

"Yes love, now tell me, why's a beautiful woman like you all by yourself sulking, I hope that idiotic brother of mine didn't do anything?" I smiled and shook my head.

"I'm fine and h-he didn't do anything to me" I mumbled the last part without looking at his face. He put his index under my chin and raised my face up so I could look at him.

"You don't have to lie to me love, I know what that jerk did to you but you have to understand him, us"

The tears rolled down my eyes and I turned my face away. "I understand he had to keep what you guys do a secret but somehow it hurts that he didn't trust me and he saw me as another woman he can trash when the contract is over". He stood beside me with his hands crossed on his chest while the both of us stared at the starry sky.

"You're with him because of the contract correct?" I nodded my head without looking at him.

"Then why does it matter to you what you mean to him?" He shot a brow up with a small smile on his lips and I thought about his question. Why does it matter who I am to him?

"The answer is simple love, it's because you love him" I snapped my head to him and he smiled holding my arm.

"Love him?"

"C'mon sweetie, it's obvious. If you didn't love him you won't be so bothered about him not seeing you different from others, you won't be so mad at him for not trusting you and you won't be insecure about him terminating the contract. Listen to your heart and follow it dolce, just trust him and give him a chance and I promise if he hurts you again I'll be the one to kill him on your behalf. I have to go now before he sees me here and have my heart for dinner. Goodnight love" he kissed my forehead and left while I stood there frozen letting his words sink in.