Thirty-eight

The pleasing smell of food drew me to the kitchen and I watched the staff prepare breakfast with their whole attention

"Hi!" I greeted and they all turned to look at me with wide eyes making me shudder at their gaze.

"Ma'am what are you doing here?" The chef turned around to face me.

"Uhm, I came to help out" they were quick to shake their heads.

"No ma'am, sir Luciano may punish us If he finds out we let you in" the chef nervously explained and I furrowed my brows. Why would he do that? Does he think I'll poison him?

"I'm sure he wouldn't do anything. Please just let me, I hate the idea of lazying around" I pleaded with a slight pout.

The chef looked at the others and they shook their head. "I promise he won't do anything"

He sighed and gave in. "Alright you can help but please be careful so you won't hurt yourself" I smiled widely and thanked him.

I made him make the other people go away so it was just the both of us. "So what's your name sir?" I struck a conversation.

"Damon ma'am" i giggled and he stared at me with a confused smile.

"You don't have to call me ma'am, camila is fine". "No ma---- "Look, your Don isn't the boss of me so he doesn't get to choose who calls me by my name or not. I want you to call me Camila and that's final" he nodded reluctantly but agreed. We finished making breakfast and I went to set the table.

"Hmm, what scents so lovely?" Russo's voice drew my attention and I went to hug him because it has been long since I saw him.

"Tesoro" he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead.

"I'm so glad to see you Russo and I'm sorry I was such a bitch" he smiled and caresseed my cheek with his thumb.

"It's fine tesoro, I bet any normal person in your shoes would have reacted that way and the beast deserved what you did to him" I smiled gratefully at him for his understanding.

"Hi there dolce" Luciano's twin emerged from the door and came over to kiss my forehead.

"Good morning" I greeted him with a smile. "Ooh, what do we have for breakfast?" He looked at the food in delight and I laughed.

"C'mon sit down I'll serve breakfast for you two" they sat down and I started dishing their food out for them. Chef damon offered to help but I refused him cause I could handle it perfectly.

They thanked me and I sat down beside Luciene about to serve myself when I realized Luciano wasn't here.

"He's gone to see Claudia'' Russo sensed my confusion and for some reason my heart twisted at that information. Why's he going to see her? They are pretty close to each other and they looked like a perfect couple what if he---

Luciene's chuckle brought me out of my thoughts. "You sure think too much love, don't worry, Claudia is a really good friend of us and he is helping her with something" they both stared at me amusedly which made me lower my head in embarrassment.

"Camila" Russo called and I looked up at him. "How long have you known Dylan Chris?" My brows shot up and I looked at him confused. How does he know him?

"Since college. Why?"

He shrugged with a smile. "It's nothing, I was just curious" I gave him a skeptical look at his stale reason. "How do you know him?" He smirked cockily and tilted his head a bit

"It's a small world tesoro" i decided to drop the topic I continued my meal cause I knew I'd never get a straightforward answer to suit my curiosity.

~~~~~

It's been two days yet he wasn't back. It wasn't like I was going to talk to him but I love having him around. And I've been bored in this lonely mansion. My time with chef damon isn't always long and I'll love to spend the whole day with him because he's super fun and I haven't seen Russo nor luciene after the breakfast we had.

"Camila" Damon's voice interrupted my time alone in my room and I ushered him inside. "Is there a problem chef? Do you need me in the kitchen?" He smiled and shook his head. "No dear, this package came in for you" he said and that was when I noticed he was holding a medium size red box, a bouquet of lavender flowers mixed with red roses and a white shopping bag.

"T..those are for me?" I muttered and went to get the items from him. I placed them on the bed and thanked him. "I'll take my leave now" I nodded and when he left I looked at the pretty gifts on my bed. But it isn't my birthday why.... Luciano

I picked up the bouquet and took in the fruity and floral scent of the two lovely flowers. There was a note in it and I curiously opened it.

"It wasn't my intention to hurt you. Taking some space has made me realize the impact of my actions and I take full responsibility for that. I'm sorry. And this is just the beginning Gemma. Soon you'll be in my arms again" happy tears stung at the corner of my eyes and my heart leaped in joy.

I wanted to forgive him already but I know better than to do that. It'll take more effort to win me back.

I opened the red box to find a pair a pair of blue ankle strap heels designed with tiny rhinestones. The color along with the design of the shoe was marvelous. "T..this is breathtaking" I whispered and ran my fingers on it. I kept it on the bed and opened the shopping bag to find lots chocolates and a cute mini pink teddy bear in it.

I took it out and hugged it to my chest. My heart was in awe and the other organs in my body swam in excitement. I was touched by his gesture and the aim of it was accomplished cause it moved something in me but still I can't run into his arms at least not yet.

 I was touched by his gesture and the aim of it was accomplished cause it moved something in me but still I can't run into his arms at least not yet