Fifty-six

After spending almost a month in the hospital i was finally leaving this place

"Cammie" my mom's voice drew my attention and I looked at the direction to find her walking in with a smile on her face.

"Mom" I gave her a small smile and she came over to sit beside me.

"How are you feeling?" She asked while caressing my hair.

"I'm feeling better mom but my shoulder still hurt sometimes" Her eyes watered and I was quick to hold her cheek.

"Mom please don't cry" she held my wrist and sobbed softly.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that pain, I wish I can do something about it"

I smiled and brushed the tears off her cheeks. "Mom I knew what I signed up for when I chose to be with Luciano, I know my life will be in danger as long as we're together but I'm willing and ready to fight every obstacle" She smiled and kissed my forehead before pulling me into her chest.

"Gemma we can go now" Luciano barged in interrupting our moment together.

"Finally" I rolled my eyes in relief and he came over to help me. We stopped at a pharmacy where he bought all the medications I needed and we left.

The moment his mansion came into view a warm feeling erupted in my chest at the sight of the place that has become my new home. He held my waist and led me into his house while mom held my stuff.

I was welcomed by the scent of different foods and my stomach grumbled at the pleasant aroma. Finally I'll be able to eat a good meal and not the bad vegetables and cold porridge I was served at the hospital. "Welcome back tesoro" Russo emerged from the stairs and came over to hug me.

"Thank you" I whispered with a smile.

"I'm sure you must me hungry, let's head to the dining".

"Welcome back cami--i mean ma'am" Damon scratched the back of his head when he realized Luciano presence making me smile and shake my head.

"Look who's back, my favorite bitch" Kira came to squeeze the little strength I had left. "Kira" Mom scolded and pulled her by her ears.

"Ouch mom! That hurts" she pouted and held her ear.

"That serves you right" Ava came in and came to hug me.

"I'm glad you're okay bestie" she smiled at me.

"Of course, you know I'm not one to give up easily and I still have a lot to finish on this earth before I leave" We all settled down and I noticed Luciene, Sandro and my dad's absence.

"Mom where's dad?"

"He went back to Orlando, your uncle troy got into an accident so he had to go, he always asked about you and he'll be back soon" I smiled and nodded.