Seven

Mild violence ⚠️‼️

Mild violence ⚠️‼️

"I won't be able to help your company," he said, dropping the bombshell, causing all our eyes to widen in shock.

"Mr. Dela Lucchese!" Mr. Paisley quickly rose to his feet, his eyes wide with surprise. I stared at the man who stood proudly in front of us, anger swirling in his eyes.

"The next time I'm invited to such a worthless meeting, be assured that this company will crumble right under your nose," he glared at Mr. Paisley, adjusting his blazer before storming out.

"Mr. Dela Lucchese, give us a reason at least!" Mrs. Paisley cried out, following him out.

I stood there, still in shock at the insult we had faced moments before. I didn't have time to process what had happened when a hand gripped my arm, and I turned to see Aubrey's angry eyes beside me.

"This is all your fault, Camila. The company wouldn't have to face this if you didn't show up late and give a bad presentation, aside that, I'm pretty sure you messed up at his office like you always do. I guess you only went there to seduce him and get—" My palm collided with her face, not letting her finish her words.

"That's enough, Aubrey!" I yelled in frustration and pent-up anger. "I've had enough of you. Instead of blaming me and accusing me of something you do, why don't you try using your empty brain to think of the reason why he refused to help us and help provide a solution, since you claim to be so wise?"

My outburst left everyone awestruck. I went after Mr. Dela Lucchese, but he was busy talking to Mrs. Paisley, and he looked so mad.

I really wonder what made him so angry, because yesterday he told me that he liked my ideas and he was going to consider them, so what changed his mind? He finished speaking with Mrs. Paisley, and I wanted to go and have a word with him, but I was stopped by Mr. Paisley.

I turned around to find him glaring at me.

"What do you think you want to do, Camila? You've already made him angry by being late and giving a horrible presentation, and I really wonder what you did yesterday. I'm sure you tried getting into his pants," he insulted me.

I got angry about to stop him but his palm collided with my face.

"Henry!" Mrs. Paisley shrieked and slapped him, causing all of the colours to drain from his face, but he can't do anything to her because, regardless of their marital status, she is still his boss.

"Why would you hit a woman?" She yelled. Without much deliberation, I lifted my hand and hit him hard. I heard everyone's gasps and I saw Mrs. Paisley's shock out of the corner of my eye.

Mr Paisley seemed astounded, presumably not expecting me to ever stand up for myself.

"I've had enough of you, Henry. I can take whatever garbage you hurl at me, but hit me? I'd cut off your balls if I have to. Being silent does not imply that I am stupid."