Thirty-five

We arrived at a building that screamed luxury

We arrived at a building that screamed luxury. Different colorful lights bled from the windows and I could tell the type of party it was already.

"Stay close to me or Arturo, am I clear?" I'm not a child or teenager that should be told what to do but the warning in her voice made me nod in compliance maybe she has a good reason.

She handed me a cat like mask and the driver opened the door for us to get down and I followed her closely while Arturo trailed behind us.

We got to the entrance and she flashed her card to the bouncers and immediately they let us in.

My eyes twitched at the disco lights and I looked around to see people dressed in different expensive outfit filled the room. The hall was beautifully decorated and arranged and the scent of different food made my stomach grumble.

Ms aurora put her mask on which was a cue for me to do so too. A man dressed in black and white came up to us and ushered us to our reserved seats.

Different business associates came up to extend their greetings to her some which I knew and some whom I have never met.

I was so bored sitting there staring at everyone and if you ask me my brain had literally captured all the faces and object present in this place. I really wonder how and why they enjoy such parties.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen" a deep voice captured everyone's attention.

I looked at the direction of the stage to find a man dressed in a crisp white tuxedo and white button up shirt, his hair was ruffled on his head and a black mask covered half of his face.

"Thank you all for joining our 27th anniversary and company's annual ball, it means a lot to me, my company and my family------ he went on telling us about his success and thanked the people who supported and helped him.

When he was done there was a round of applause for him. "So ladies and gentlemen go on and enjoy your night, cheers!" He raised a glass of wine up which everyone followed.

I peeked a glance at ms aurora and as usual her face had no emotions. She slowly sipped on her wine while her predatory eyes observed and took in everything.

Despite her arrogant attitude and cold personality I admired her. She's so confident, observant and a lady of few words. The man who was on the stage few moments ago approached us and I saw a smirk appear on her lips.

"Claudia Aurora Marchessi'' he called and stood right in front of us, his left hand in his pocket and the other holding the stem of the glass filled with wine.

She stood up to face him and her height was a contrast to his tall one despite the heels she was putting on.

"Mr Lago Othello" she called and he smirked. From their actions and the way they stared maliciously at each other one could tell they aren't exactly friends.