Fifty-nine

For the past weeks I've been looking forward to this day but right now I'm dreading it

For the past weeks I've been looking forward to this day but right now I'm dreading it. While Ava did my makeup I stared at the mirror looking at my dull eyes.

"Ta-da I'm done" she exclaimed excitingly while looking at her work on my face.

"This makeup is perfect but something is lacking" I gave her a questioning look because it doesn't look like something is missing.

"What?"

"Your smile birthday girl" she wrapped her arm around my shoulder and looked at me through the mirror. I looked away and stared at my fingers.

"Is this because of don Luciano's absence?" She asked softly and I almost busted into tears.

"Hey you don't have to feel sad, he'll be back soon"

"I don't think so Ava he doesn't like celebrating his birthday and Christmas and I went ahead to decorate the house".

"And did he tell you he didn't like it?" she asked and I shook my head realizing he never said anything about it. Last night he even told me he liked it, so why did he leave?

"Exactly bestie, it's all in your head. So cheer up and let's go celebrate" she tickled my side which made me giggle. I stood up and she brought my dress for me. I slipped into the red dress that hugged my figure with a slit running from my thighs down.

It had a halter neck style with an opening in the middle revealing a little bit of my cleavage. I wore the jewelry Luciano got from the auction party and my heels. Ava held my hand and led me down to the slightly packed living room.

I looked around and found Russo, Sandro, Andrew and all other men of Luciano but I was not expecting to see luciene. My surprised eyes landed on his and he sent me a wink. I got down and my mom was the first to attack me

"You look beautiful" she whispered with a smile and joyful tears in her eyes.

"Thank you mom" she hugged me and kissed my hair. "Well look we have here" Sandro came over to hug me.

"Happy birthday gorgeous" he kissed my cheek and I thanked him. Luciene came over and hugged me.

"I didn't know you'll come"

"It was my surprise for you amoré besides I was here already when I called but I guess you were busy sulking about the absence of my foolish brother" I laughed and hugged him again.

"Thanks luciene"

"Camila" a familiar voice called and I looked down to see little Ariana.

"We meet again sweetie" she smiled and hugged my legs.

"Camila?" I looked up to find two unfamiliar ladies. From their dark hair and brown orbs I could tell they were Russo other sisters.

"Hi" I shyly greeted and they smiled.