Twenty-nine

After what we had in the booth Luciano left me with Russo in the restaurant

After what we had in the booth Luciano left me with Russo in the restaurant. "So how are your sisters and why did you come so quick, it's just four days since you left, it's not even up to a week"

I asked him while our orders came in. "I know that tesoro but i had to come back they need me here".

"Are you the first?" He smiled and shook his head. "Third"

"So you don't have a brother?" He shook his head. "That's where life began its game on me tesoro, the only male between three crazy females". I laughed and slapped his hand lightly.

"Hey, girls aren't bad" I told him with a playful frown. "Yes I know that tesoro, my sisters may be witches trapped in human form but I love them nevertheless" the emotion that played in his eyes as he spoke about them made me smile.

"What about your parents?" His eyes darkened and his jaw clenched, immediately I realized I made a wrong move.

"I'm sorry Russo I shouldn't have asked i----- "No tesoro, questions are bound to be asked right? You don't have to apologize. I lost my parents eight years ago" His voice strained in anger and pain and I regretted letting curiosity get the best of me.

"I'm sorry Russo I didn't know el-- "Exactly tesoro you didn't know that's why you asked so stop apologizing" he smiled but it wasn't as bright as his usual smile.

Silent rested between us and I sighed at the uncomfortable situation. I got up and went to sit beside him so i could wrap my hand around his arm and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Please don't be sad and silent Russo you'll make me cry" I looked at him with a pout and he chuckled. "You don't have to be sad tesoro, I'm fine" he told me with a smile but I wasn't buying it.

"Okay what do you want me to do? Laugh like a lunatic for you to believe me?" I nodded and he shook his head in amusement.

"Are you angry with me Russo?" He shook his head and pulled my head into his chest.

"I can't be angry at you tesoro" I smiled and pulled away. "You know, Luciano may put a bullet in my skull if he sees how close you are to me" I remembered his threat back in the booth and pulled away from him with a shy smile and returned to my seat.

"I'll be right back" he told me and left before I got a chance to ask him where he was going to.

I was sipping on my juice when a hand tapped my shoulder which made me look up to see the cute waitress we met the other day.

Her mid back curly hair hung on her back, her thick lashes complimented her brown eyes and faded freckles stained her brown skin.

"Hi it's you" I smiled at her. I noticed she wasn't in her uniform but a light blue cut dress that hugged her figure.

"I'm sorry if I disturbed you, I'm Luna" she introduced in her soft and polite voice.

"Camila. Is there a problem?" I asked her when I noticed she was playing with her fingers and was hesitant to speak.