Fifty-eight

I woke up with an expectation of being in his arms but he was no where to be seen

I woke up with an expectation of being in his arms but he was no where to be seen. Sighing in disappointment i got up and went to the bathroom to freshen up. The loud bang on my door made me dress up quickly and i went out to be attacked by balloons.

"Happy birthday bitch" kira and ava yelled and threw themselves at me squeezing the light out of me. I smiled and they pulled away.

"Happy birthday sister and merry Christmas" kira kissed my cheek and handed me a bag and Ava did the same.

"Thank you so much guys" i whispered with tears of happiness.

"C'mon let's go down everyone is waiting" kira pulled me by my wrist down stairs.

"Cammie darling" dad came over to hug me.

"Happy birthday sweetie and merry Christmas" he whispered and kissed the top of my head. "Thanks dad and merry Christmas to you too"

Soon the whole mansion was filled with Christmas jingles and aunt dariah rolled in a cart filled with various delicious looking snacks.

"Wow!" I muttered as I stared at the mouth watering food.

"Are those for us?" Kira stretched her hand to grab a cupcake but mom was quick to slap it away.

"Behave Kira, they're for your sister" she scolded and her eyes landed me which made her smile.

"Happy birthday dear" she hugged me and gave me a long kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you mom and merry Christmas to you". She hugged me and aunt dariah did the same thing.

"Aunt where's Luciano?" Her face fell and she sighed. "That boy never changes. He left early saying he had a business meeting in Milan". My heart broke at the sudden news and tears almost rolled down my eyes.

How can he leave on a holiday? He didn't even bother wishing me merry Christmas nor a happy birthday that's if he's aware it's my birthday.

"Hey, don't cry" she held my chin and i feigned a smile. "I'm not" I croaked out and that was when the stupid tears decided to roll down making her chuckle. She brushed the tears off and held my chin up.

"Don't worry he'll be back this evening"

"How's that possible aunt, he went to another city".

"Exactly honey, he went to another city not country so he can join the celebration. Now don't stress yourself and my grand-nephew" she smiled and pulled my lips into a smile. After breakfast we gathered in the living room and sang along to the Christmas songs that boomed from the speaker but we were disrupted by the door bell.

"I'll get it" Ava offered and left.

"Cammie" she yelled after a while making me turn.

"You have a guest" furrowing my brows I stood up and went to the door to find Russo. He was in his signature black pants and a black turtle neck shirt, his dark hair ruffled on his head. His lips curled into a smile and I lodged myself into his embrace.

"Happy birthday tesoro and merry Christmas" he wished me and handed a bag to me.

"Thank you so much" tears of happiness rolled down.

"She's pretty Russo, is she your girlfriend?" A little girl's voice pulled my attention and I looked down to find one of the world's cutest kid. Her black curly hair was braided in two, her dark brown orbs similar to that of Russo's stared at me in admiration.

"No Ari, she's my friend" I bent to her level and cupped her soft cheeks.

"Hi there cutie, I'm Camila". She blushed at my compliment and hid behind Russo's hand shyly.

"I'm Ariana"

"I love your name and you're so beautiful"

She smiled and surprisingly hugged me. I wrapped my arm around her petite body and enjoyed the floral scent of her perfume.

"Thank you and you're so beautiful too" I smiled and kissed her cheek. I stood to Russo level and gave him a pointed look.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to bring your little sister I'd have gotten her a gift". He smiled and waved me off.

"You don't have to besides......

"Russo can I spend time with camila?" She gave him a puppy dog look which I could tell he's finding hard to resist, well I don't blame him cause if it's me I won't be able to.

"Ari, Janelle and Serena are waiting already but I promise after Christmas you'll spend the remaining holiday with camila" Her face fell but lit up after hearing his promise.

"Promise?" He smiled and carried her in his arms.

"Do I ever break my promise Ari?" She shook her head and nuzzled into his neck.

"We'll be leaving now tesoro, see you later" he kissed my cheek left. Ariana waved at me with a smile which I returned. My encounter with the little girl made me touch my stomach unconsciously with a smile.

I spent the entire afternoon in my room calling his line but it kept going to voicemail. Anxiety kicked in and I couldn't help but get worried and sob at his absence.

The loud ring of my phone made my heart flutter in happiness and I quickly grabbed my phone only to be disappointed.

''Ciao amoré, happy birthday and merry Christmas" Luciene's tired voice rang from the other line.

I can tell the brothers are the same. How can they be working on a joyous holiday moreover it's their birthday. I know they have a lot of reason not to celebrate the day but they shouldn't live their lives being pessimistic forever.

At least luciene had the courtesy to call and wish me happy birthday and merry Christmas despite not being the one I'm in love with.

"Happy birthday to you too Luciene and merry Christmas".

"Grazie amoré, have a wonderful day amoré"

"Luciene" I called before he could hang up.

"Is anything wrong, did my brother do something?" I laughed lightly and shook my head though he couldn't see me.

"No he didn't. I just wanted to ask if you are working today?" I asked and I heard him sigh from the other end. "I know aunt dariah must have told you that we don't like celebrating today"

"Yes luciene and I know why you don't celebrate it but try and move on, I know it's hard but holding unto the past isn't right, just try and forget about it and celebrate the day".

"Like you said, it's really hard amoré but because I share my day with an angel like you and cause you've asked then I'll do it" My eyes lit up at the sudden information and i smiled.

"Really?" His deep chuckle was heard from the other line.

"Yes amoré, I'm not joking, because of you I'll go out and celebrate my birthday" I smiled so wide and I wanted to give him a bear hug.

"Thank you luciene"

"I should be thanking you amoré, well i have to go now and get ready to go and celebrate"

I laughed heartedly and he hung up.