Fifty-four

"Luciano can you please have a seat" luciene scolded which made me glare at him

''How can I be calm knowing she's in there fighting for her life because of me" I retorted as I breathed out heavily.

"Cammie, where's my baby?" a motherly voice familiar to camila's drew everyone's attention.

"Mom". Kira sobbed harder and ran to hug the beautiful woman that just came in with her husband trailing behind her. Now I know where the girls got their looks from. Their mother was beautiful possessing the same brown eyes, honey smooth skin and brown hair.

"Hey, what happened to your sister?" She asked in a wavering voice. I'm very sure this wasn't how she wanted me to meet her parents but i have no choice but to let them know. Her eyes finally landed on us but from her looks she could only recognize Ava.

"W-who are all these people?" She asked with glossy eyes.

"Aunt Carmen" Ava called and went over to hug her.

"They're cammie's friends Aunt and that's her boyfriend" she pointed at me.

I have faced death a thousand times and never have I been scared but the blank expression of my woman's father was enough to make me nervous on the inside. Her mother smiled and came up to hug me which took me by surprise.

I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her and just like Camila she uses a coconut scented perfume.

Fuck! I really miss my gemma.

She pulled out and held my arms. "You're more handsome than she said" she whispered and I smiled a little.

"I'm sorry ma'am, it's because of me your daughter is in here"

She smiled between her tears and shook her head. An action camila usually does, I see the mother really passed on a lot to her daughters.

"I can't say it's fine but my daughter is a strong woman and I'm sure the love you two have for each other will bring her back sweetie" she waved me off and her husband came to pull her away. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and I realized he still hasn't said a word which made me uneasy.

The theater door opened and the doctors walked out and immediately I rushed to him.

"Congratulations Mr Dela-lucchese your wife made it out alive" I felt like I could finally breathe and i ignored the fact that he referred to her as my wife.

"C--can we go and see her?" Her broken sister questioned and he shook his head.

"I'm sorry but you can't, we managed to get the bullet out and luckily it didn't damage a vital part of her organs but she lost a lot of blood so she has to be kept under observation for seventy-two hours"

"Seventy-two hours? I'm so no---

"Thank you doctor" Russo cut in and the doctor left.

"Did you really want to threaten the innocent doctor in front of her parents" he gritted out in my ears and I came to realize that they were also present.