Fifty-seven

"Cammie where should I put this?" Ava asked while holding a box of light balls in her hand

"Cammie where should I put this?" Ava asked while holding a box of light balls in her hand. I looked around the decorated living room and pointed towards the corner

"I think it'll be better there" she nodded and left.

"Cammie, you know you have to rest" mom came from behind to hold my wrist with a worried look and I smiled.

"Mom I'm fine, you know this will be the last time I'll get to work till after nine months when he finds out"

She smiled and placed her hand on my stomach with tears in her eyes.

"I'm so happy for you my darling, I can't believe I'll be a grandma soon" I shushed her and pulled her hand away from my stomach then looked around to make sure no one was looking our way.

"Mom, you'll ruin the surprise if you keep holding my stomach" she laughed softly and apologized.

"Oh right, i'm sorry, so when are you going to tell him?"

"Tomorrow mom, it's my Christmas gift and birthday gift to him"

"It's going to be a great day, it's Christmas day and you both share the same birth date, wow" I smiled and nodded. Two weeks after I fully recovered, I went back to Orlando to see my uncle who got into an accident. I passed out in the hospital which got mom worried and after conducting a test it was discovered that i was pregnant.

I badly wanted to tell Luciano about the good news but I decided to keep it and give him the news as a Christmas gift. Aunt dariah told me he didn't like celebrating Christmas and it was also his birthday and mine.

After finding out the reason why he doesn't like the day i decided to plan a surprise for him to give him a reason to start celebrating Christmas and his birthday again.

"Cammie dear" I turned to find aunt dariah walking towards me with a plate of freshly cut cucumber which made me groan.

"Here I brought this for you" she handed it to me and I rejected it.

"Aunt you know how much I don't like vegetables" I whined and she gave me a stern look.

"It doesn't matter what you like sweetie, you need to eat it, it's healthy for you and your baby" I didn't want to take it but I had to.

"You know he'll be worse than me when he finds out" I sighed dreading the mornings with him already.

"I know that aunt and that's why I want to enjoy my freedom while it lasts" she chuckled and pulled me to the corner so I could rest.

"It's beautiful" I commented as I looked around the living room at the outcome of our work. "I'm so famished" kira groaned and fell lazily on the sofa.

"C'mon let's go eat everyone'' aunt dariah announced and we all went to the dining. I glanced at the time and saw it was almost sunset and Luciano wasn't back. But he promised he'll be early today.