Chapter 3

Speaking of safety, this is what Pei Shaorong is most worried about now. If he wants to settle down in ancient times, the first problem is to solve the household registration status.

Without a proper household registration status, let alone finding a job, it is a question whether or not you can survive here.

According to the time-travel novel, it is almost enough to fabricate a foreign identity and then settle down. Anyway, the ancient traffic information is backward, who knows who makes up a deep mountain and an old forest.

But it can't be done here. The household registration system in the world he wears is very strict. According to his observations and conversations with passers-by, the household registration system here is absolutely perfect.

To put it simply, it is similar to some ancient household registration systems in his modern time and space.

Because the number of household registrations is the standard for taxation, the imperial court has always checked it out. For every ten households, there is a township insurance, which specifically manages the increase or decrease of the population of these ten households.

For a stranger like him who came out suddenly, his origin is unknown, and it is simply impossible to make up a reason to settle down in the government.

Because there is a new population and they do not report it, the number of people in the family will be reduced, the tax paid will be less, and you can escape from the servants, which is absolutely not allowed by the imperial court.

If someone from the government finds out, they will definitely torture him for evading his household registration, not paying taxes and evasion in the past few decades.

How should he explain it at that time? He can't directly tell people that he is transmigration. Can the ancients understand what transmigration is?

It is said that in the ancient times when the household registration was perfect, there was a saying of "leaving a mouthful", and it has become a small, "sixty sticks", which means that if he was really discovered, he would have to suffer dozens of boards before being tortured!

Although the household registration problem is not easy to handle, it is not impossible to solve the identity problem.

As the saying goes, money can enlighten the mind, and it is still feasible to use some money to make friends with a certain squire and the like to get a household registration.

But now he can be said to have no money, not even the modern grandfather Mao. The main purpose at present is to get some money!

Pei Shaorong thought for a while, instead of going directly to the town, he left the grass and found a hidden place to change his clothes.

If he walked out wearing the current short-sleeved T-shirt and shorts, he would definitely be beaten directly as a hooligan.

After changing into long-sleeved trousers, and finding a pair of army green sheets in the space, I remodeled it and put it on the outside. After barely looking like an ancient costume, I began to think about how to get the money.

Now the fastest way to get money is to sell things naturally, but what kind of thing is good to sell, he has to think about it carefully, and after selling the things, he must quickly solve the problem of household registration.

When preparing things before, because it was the end of the world, he never thought about gold, silver and jewelry, and the space was full of food and daily necessities.

And in order to save space to prepare more things, he basically bought the goods directly from the manufacturer, and some of the beautiful packaging that took up space were all replaced by him. He just wanted to sell a glass bottle from Laoganma. No! !

Because things like canned food, oil, sauce, vinegar, shampoo, shower gel, etc., are all ordered directly from the manufacturer, and he also specifically asks people to use plastic or iron drums, just to not take up space.

Thinking about it now, Pei Shaorong really wanted to give himself two slaps. If he hadn't done this in the first place, how much would that full of old godmothers and canned glass bottles be worth?

From his rebirth to the time he traveled through a series of events, Pei Shaorong felt that the world was deeply malicious towards him.

At this moment, he no longer has the expectation of reaching the pinnacle of life in the novel. As far as his IQ and luck are concerned, it is not bad that he can live here well.

In the end, Pei Shaorong found some sheets in the space and prepared to sell them. This was the safest thing he could think of so far and could get more money.

Fortunately, he is a big man. When he bought the bed sheet and quilt cover, he didn't make any cartoons. Even if there are patterns, they are very shallow and light.

Although these fabrics are not as good as silk, they were considered good fabrics in ancient times. The ancient fabrics were not cheap and should be able to sell for some money.

Although there were a lot of sheets prepared at the beginning, they were only for him alone. There were fifty sets of sheets and quilt covers in total. Pei Shaorong planned to sell thirty sets and keep the rest for himself.

Putting the sheets in a large travel backpack, and putting some food and personal items in it to cover up, Pei Shaorong wiped a little dirt on his face before carrying the big backpack and walked into the town.

When he entered the small town, Pei Shaorong was not in a hurry to sell it. He had to find out the prices here first, and by the way, to see if there were other ways to make money...

......

Fortunately, he was only in a small town now. The rules are not as strict as the big cities, and the identity documents are not checked at every turn.

It's just that everyone looks at his short hair a little bit. If someone asks, he can also say that he is a monk who is ready to return to the world and can temporarily prevaricate it.

After walking around the town for a long time, Pei Shaorong also had a general understanding of the place he traveled.

This town is called Yueyang Town. It is a relatively prosperous place with a radius of dozens of miles. The villagers of the surrounding villages go to the market to buy goods and complete the transaction in this town.

I also looked at the price. There are three kinds of fabrics here, silk, linen and cotton.

Ordinary linen cloth is fifteen cents per foot, cotton is twenty cents, and the price of silk depends on what kind of material it is. Anyway, it is not cheap.

Pei Shaorong pondered for a while, his bed sheets were basically pure cotton, and according to the price of cotton, it was twenty cents a foot.

After making the decision, Pei Shaorong began to look for a place to set up a stall. Not only did it make more money than selling directly to the cloth village, but it was also more convenient for him to understand the news here.

It's about ten o'clock in the morning. The town is very lively today. It should be the day of the market. The good place where you can set up a stall and sell things has long been occupied.

Pei Shaorong didn't go to join in the fun. He took two apples and bribed the local snakes who were collecting 'protection fees' at the market to ask for a place to set up a stall.

He had also seen apples being sold before, and the prices were not cheap. An apple was ten cents, and a few cents more could buy a pound of pork.

After a few years in the last days, Pei Shaorong still knows the rules. Even in modern times, there are still urban management. In ancient times, it was natural for the gangsters who collected protection fees.

He didn't have a single copper plate on his body now, so he could only give apples, but the two ruffians who received the gift were obviously very satisfied, and they took a bite on the spot. It was sweet, juicy and crunchy, not comparable to ancient wild fruits.

"Well, it's delicious, promise, over there, you can sell it there..." The

two ruffians nibbled at the apples, pointed to Pei Shaorong a corner and continued their 'work'.

The corner was a bit out of place, but there were many people in the town today, so Pei Shaorong ran over with a big backpack without hesitation, put a black cloth on it, and then took out the sheets in the big backpack and placed them neatly.

With the cover of the big backpack, Pei Shaorong took out some apples and started to sell things at the stall.

"Sell cloth, sell cloth, the best cotton cloth, buy ten feet for one foot, take a look, take a look, don't miss it when you pass by!"

If it was before the end of the world, Pei Shaorong would not be able to show his face and set up a stall, no matter how big it is. He is also considered a rich second-generation, but a few years of apocalyptic life are enough to make him change his face.

When he was in the base, he had done all the rubbish digging, let alone being a hawker, as long as he could live well, he could do anything!

Pei Shaorong's voice was not small, and he was selling fabrics at a discounted price, and people soon gathered around.

"Big brother, how do you sell this cloth?" The person asking the price was an old lady in her thirties, carrying a basket and looking like a standard country woman.

"The solid color is twenty cents a foot, and the printed one is twenty-five cents a foot. Auntie, I brought this cloth from afar. I am the only one who has it in the whole of Yueyang Town. Look at the quality, it is now sold for ten feet. It's definitely worth the price!"

Pei Shaorong didn't need to say, the aunt has already seen the quality of the fabric, and everyone spends their lives carefully these days.

In ancient times, production was not only backward, but the technology in many places was also very backward. Although they were all cotton, the bed sheets that Pei Shaorong brought from modern times were definitely of much better quality than those bought by ordinary people in ancient times.

Not to mention the printing technology, anyway, Pei Shaorong has not seen printed fabrics after walking around the town for a long time. The clothes everyone wears are all solid colors, and even if there are patterns, they are embroidered by hand.

"The fabrics are all the same, big brother, can this one with flowers be cheaper?" The

aunt obviously likes to sell the fabric. Not only is the quality better than that of the fabric house, but the price is about the same, and if you sell it for ten feet, you will get one foot for free, absolutely. Found it cheap!

"Auntie, you can't miss it. Look at how unique this pattern is, and the quality is also top-notch. If you buy ten feet, I'll give you one foot. What a bargain..."

Pei Shaorong thought about it carefully before selling it. His cloth is better than cloth Zhuang, the price is already very good, buy ten get one free, this is just an attractive means, anyway, he will not lose money.

"That's fine, you can get me a ten-foot print!" Auntie thinks about it too, buy ten get one free, she can save twenty-five cents.

"Okay Auntie, would you like an apple? Ten pennies each..." Pei Shaorong continued to sell.

"Fit me two..." The

aunt hesitated and nodded, staring at the big red apple and swallowing. Today, I will be generous. Such a good fruit is not common. It is better to buy it for home and try it.

After receiving the nod from the aunt, Pei Shaorong immediately wrapped the sheets and apples and handed them over to the aunt

. Anyone who sees good and cheap fabrics likes it. Seeing that Pei Shaorong is not a local, I am afraid that if I miss it, it will not be so cheap next time.

Pei Shaorong is also very happy that his bed sheets are very popular, and his mother gave him a good birth. He is born with a handsome and honest appearance, and it is easy to feel good when he smiles.

In less than an hour, all the sheets were sold out, and a lot of apples were sold. When the sun hits at noon, the remaining seven or eight apples were also bought by the servants of the rich people in the town.

Everything was sold out. Pei Shaorong packed up and clapped his hands. After walking around the town for a while, he got rid of a few jealous stalkers before leaving. Then he found a hidden and remote place outside the town to take out the things. Set up camp.

It is too expensive to live in an inn in the town, and he is a black household. Before solving the household registration problem, Pei Shaorong decided to camp in the wild for two days...