Chapter 64

Although the refugees from the mountains and streams in the northwest have now reached Yueyang, the Dali court has also made relevant countermeasures.

Not only have officers and soldiers been dispatched to suppress the chaos, but they have also opened a relief station in the town to make porridge, so the situation on Yueyang's side is not bad.

Apart from the fact that the weather suddenly turned into summer during the Chinese New Year, there was also the madness of stockpiling food before, and now that people in the town have returned to the countryside for refuge, there is nothing else in Yueyang.

Therefore, the people on Yueyang's side calmed down after the initial frantic stockpiling of food. Except for the number of family members, their daily life was the same as before, farming, eating, sleeping, and gossip...

But even if the court made a decision As a countermeasure, a relief station for porridge was also set up in the town, but because there were too many disaster victims and refugees, the imperial court was also Alexander.

Therefore, a lot of refugees have come to beg in the village recently, most of them are the old, the weak, the sick and the disabled.

There is not enough gruel in the town, so everyone can only find a way to pick fruit from the nearby mountains, or go to the villagers' houses to beg. If you are lucky, you can work and exchange more food with the villagers.

But as time went by, the weather was not only not normal, but it was getting hotter and hotter. All the seedlings that had just grown in the ground died, and only the drought-tolerant food such as sweet potatoes survived.

By March, the hot weather had reached more than 40 degrees, the water line of the river had also dropped slightly, and the crops in the fields had not improved.

And the number of times the court porridge is getting less and less, it is obvious that the court is starting to be unable to do what it can, and can only try to let the officers and soldiers suppress the people to prevent the riots.

At this time, everyone really panicked. Before, they only guessed and worried about the victims of the mountain stream, but now they have to worry about themselves. All these situations indicate that a catastrophe is coming! ! !

"Come on, it's a big drought, it's a big drought, I'm going to be hungry!"

The people in the village exploded, and it was not normal to change from winter to summer overnight.

In just a few months now, the weather is as hot as a dog, the water line of the river has dropped, and most of the crops in the fields have died. What should I do if there is no harvest next year?

Even if some food was saved before, no one knows how long this drought will last. It's fine for a year or two, but if it lasts three or five years, everyone will definitely die!

Now that the imperial court has started to take care of everything, everyone can only rely on themselves. In the face of such a severe situation, all the people of Linjiang Village gathered at Qin Laoshuan's house and looked at their village chief to make an idea.

"Village chief, what do we do now? Could it be that a drought is coming?"

"Qin Laoshuan, you are our village chief, give me an idea, should we also learn from the people in the northwest to escape? Looking for a place to take root?"

"No, I don't want to leave here. My family has lived in Linjiang Village for several generations. If I leave here, who will worship and take care of my ancestors buried in the mountains..."

"Village chief, take Come up with an idea..."

"Qin Laoshuan, think of a way..."

Now the villagers are panicking like headless flies. They don't know what to do. They can only take Qin Laoshuan, the head of the village The backbone, seek a beacon and direction.

To be honest, if it is possible, no one wants to leave the place where they grew up. In ancient times, what is important is that the fallen leaves return to their roots. If they really escaped and died, they would be a lonely ghost... The

villagers don't know what to do, and Qin Laoshuan doesn't know what to do. Ah, he, the village chief, can usually resolve trivial disputes in the village, but if he really wants to take such a big idea, he is also apprehensive and afraid.

If you have the right idea, it's fine, but if you point people in the wrong direction and lead people to a dead end, it doesn't matter if you die a lot of age, but he can't afford the lives of so many people in the village!

Pei Shaorong next to him pulled Mo Xiaobao and sat in the corner without speaking the whole time, listening to everyone's discussion.

In fact, he was more inclined to stay in his heart. Although the situation seems to be terrifying now, in Pei Shaorong's view, the situation in Linjiang Village has not reached a desperate point.

Even if most of the seedlings are dead in the fields, some of them are still alive and can last for a while. More importantly, Linjiang Village is next to a mountain rich in products.

Now there is basically nothing to eat outside the back mountain, but going inside the mountain is different. With such a big mountain, Pei Shaorong does not believe that it will completely turn into a barren mountain in a short period of time.

At that time, there is really no food. Everyone takes some risks and enters the deep mountains. They can always find something to eat and find a way to survive. But if you leave with something to escape, you will definitely die faster than staying behind!

Although Pei Shaorong didn't know the situation outside because of the communication problem, he could guess with his toes that the situation outside was definitely not very good. Otherwise, if the situation on Yueyang's side only got worse, the imperial court would not be able to manage it so much.

And even if I left Yueyang, I have seen before that there are so many migrants and disaster victims on the road. If they don't get it, they will not only be robbed by the disaster victims who have no food, but also they may die directly when they encounter mountain bandits!

So now the best way, and also the most helpless way to choose, is to stay where you are, pointing to the food stored at home for two years, and it's no problem... The

villagers discussed it at the village chief's house for a long time, but in the end they didn't say anything. What a good way to stand in the yard of the village chief's house and make a noise.

But after a long time of noise, no one could come up with a way to get the best of both worlds. In the end, everyone could not talk about this matter, and they could only take one step at a time.

But no one thought that in April, the weather would get even hotter, and Yueyang's side also began to face a real disaster, because -- there was no water!

This lack of water is not the fact that there is no water in Yueyang. The situation in Linjiang Village is very good. Because of the terrain, Linjiang Village is in the upper reaches of the river, but the situation in the lower reaches is serious.

Since the weather suddenly changed from winter to summer during the Chinese New Year, the weather has been getting hotter and hotter, until now it has reached a high temperature of forty degrees, and there has never been a cloudy day in several months.

The crops in the fields are dying piece by piece, and all that can survive are the crops hidden in the soil.

Naturally, the water in this river could not help drying out. In just a few months, the upstream river was fine, but the downstream river was basically dry.

Drinking water is a little better. Every household has a well. If the water in the well has not dried up, the crops in the fields will be miserable. No matter how drought-tolerant crops are, it is impossible to completely lack water. The food is gone!

Even if the downstream villages went upstream to fetch water to borrow water, it would be useless and would not be able to save the crops in the fields at all, and the upstream water was also decreasing...

Without water, food could not be grown, without food, they would be hungry. The village exploded all of a sudden, even if everyone had stockpiled a lot of food before, they couldn't help but consume it.

Looking at the weather, this... This is definitely going to be a year of severe drought, and it is absolutely impossible to relieve it in two or three years. Will their food be able to last until then?

Not to mention the future, the current situation is enough for everyone to have a headache, especially the villagers downstream are already ants on the hot pot.

The villages in the downstream are anxious, and the villagers in the upstream are also worried. Although the situation in the upstream is better than that in the downstream, everyone is worried about their children and relatives in the downstream villages.

The ancestors have lived in this land for so many years, and it is certain that the intermarriage between the villages is certain, and the villages are closely connected with each other.

When the water in the downstream river was basically dry, the villagers could no longer sit still and began to ask their relatives and family members upstream for help.

In the end, all the sweet potatoes and potatoes that were still alive in the field were dug up, and the villagers in the lower reaches packed up and moved their belongings to relatives and acquaintances in the upper village.

There are so many people in the upstream villages that can't live in the houses, but you can't leave your relatives alone, right? The bigger houses are crowded together, and the smaller houses can only be temporarily built. The village suddenly Lively.

Even so, there are still many people downstream who cannot find a place to go, because they have no relatives or friends in the upstream villages!

But everyone will not sit still like this. The river has dried up and the food has dried to death. There is only one dead end to stay in the village.

In the end, as soon as the remaining villagers discussed it, they simply went to the upstream village, and found a space and built their own houses. In short, they should stay in the upstream now!

Anyway, no one wants to leave the land of Yueyang unless it is absolutely necessary. The ancestors have been rooted for so many years, but going out is like duckweed, and when they die, they are lonely ghosts.

Although the people in the upstream villages were a little reluctant towards the actions of the downstream villagers, they did not stop them. If you count the ten miles and eight townships in the countryside, you can basically be regarded as relatives of three aunts, six mothers and eight poles. Who can step forward to chase people away?

Although the use of river water has increased by so many people in the village now, the upstream water still seems to be able to support it.

Moreover, with so many people gathered together, the refugees and refugees who were wandering around the village and started making bad ideas were basically scared away, which made everyone feel at ease...

The village has undergone such a big change, but the impact on the Pei family is not very big. Pei Shaorong is an outsider and has no relatives, and the Mo family is similar, so this day is still the same as before.

For Pei Shaorong, the only thing that changed was that he knew two of the downstream villagers who moved to Linjiang Village.

The first one was the ex-son-in-law of the village chief's family, Qin Xiangrong's ex-husband Cen Ziwen Cen's family.

In fact, according to Cen Ziwen's loss to Qin Xiangrong, Qin Laoshuan, the village chief, completely disagreed with the Cen family's move to Linjiang Village.

But Qin Xiangrong didn't know what she wanted to ask Qin Laoshuan to agree to stay with the Cen family...

And the other is the relatives of Father Mo, his enemy's in-law's family, the Sun family, and the Sun family's village lives in the downstream, so it's naturally unfortunate of disaster.

The only person the Sun family knew in the upstream was the Mo family, and now facing the juncture of life and death, they couldn't care less about the unhappiness with Father Mo before.

Anyway, in the end, the Sun family settled in the Mo family's house by paying Father Mo 30 cents of copper and 10 catties of grain each month as accommodation expenses.

When he heard the news at that time, Pei Shaorong couldn't help snickering. How could the Sun family do things like Mo Lanzhu without thinking.

Having had such a big conflict with Father Mo before, he even dared to get together in front of Father Mo and live under the same roof. This is really the rhythm of courting death!

After the Sun family moved to the Mo family, as expected by Pei Shaorong, it was a joy to play with Father Mo.

You stabbed me with a knife from the two families, and I stabbed you with a sword. Under the small eaves of the Mo family, it can be said that swords, lights, swords and shadows quarreled with blood

. The worse it was, Pei Shaorong looked very happy in his heart, thinking about a way to push people directly into the pit for revenge.

But before Pei Shaorong could start to implement the plan, he also encountered a minor trouble, and this trouble led to a lot of excitement.