Chapter 45

After returning to the village and distributing the things purchased for the villagers to everyone, the Pei's house became a lot quieter, but it was still a lot busier than before, because from time to time villagers came to visit the Pei's house.

Most of the guests who came to the door were aunts and aunts, as well as girls and little brothers. Of course, their main purpose was to drag Mo Xiaobao to chat about Yueyang City.

It is rare for someone in the village to go to a big city like Yueyang City, and everyone is curious about all kinds of things that are not available in the villages and towns.

Now is a good opportunity for his family to integrate into the village. Pei Shaorong will naturally not refuse, so everyone can chat with Mo Xiaobao. Anyway, his family's Abao is also very happy.

In the past, except for the few families that Mo Xiaobao befriended, no one in the village visited Pei's house. Now, after spending a few days together at Pei's house, the village girl and brother are envious of Mo Xiaobao again. stand up.

When they got married before, everyone saw how much Pei Shaorong valued and liked Mo Xiaobao for everything he did, but when they got to the family, everyone realized that it was more than a love. This Pei family man treats people like a baby. Provide it.

Now Mo Xiaobao is dressed in food and clothes, his complexion is ruddy, and he looks white and fat. It's like marrying a useless poor man.

Even if he is poor, the men of the Pei family are willing to spend money on him.

Now the auntie in the village, as well as the girl and the younger brother like to go to Pei's house to chat with Mo Xiaobao, because every time they go, Pei Shaorong will always entertain more or less those melon seeds and wild fruits.

Most of these snacks were collected in the mountains before, and they are not worth two dollars. The villagers can also go up the mountain to find them, but the things that come for nothing are more delicious!

Two days after returning to the village, Pei Shaorong decided to ask the village chief to handle the matter of buying the land, because the village chief had already planned to go to Yueyang City to see his daughter in person.

Pei Shaorong estimated that the village chief would be there for at least a month or two. He was still waiting to grow food and fruit to support his family, so he couldn't waste his time.

He has a lot of money in his hand, but now Pei Shaorong doesn't plan to buy too much land, he decides to temporarily buy ten acres of land.

Among them, 4 mu of land, like the villagers, are used to grow rice, sweet potatoes, potatoes and other grains, and the other 6 mu of land is used to grow watermelon and tomatoes, as well as seedlings of apple trees and persimmons.

Of course, rice grains, sweet potatoes, and potatoes are planted to cover up their own food problems. The villagers will definitely find it strange that they can't buy fields and not even grow food.

Pei Shaorong thought about planting apple trees. First of all, there are apples here. It is not surprising to have apple trees at home. Then, the seeds of the saplings are taken from modern fresh fruits, and their quality genes are better than those of the ancient apple ancestors that were not fully developed. excellent.

Moreover, apples have a longer shelf life, which is convenient for long-distance transportation. If they are planted in large quantities in the future, it is better to sell them outside.

Now plant apples first, and other fruits can come later, don't worry, this meal is not a big fat man.

The seedlings of watermelon and tomato have been cultivated a long time ago. These two are herbal fruits with a relatively short growth period. The harvest is relatively fast, and you can make money quickly.

There are also watermelons here. Pei Shaorong has heard of them in Zheng San and others, but they are basically wild, and no one deliberately grows them. Also because of genetic reasons, the wild watermelons here are not as sweet and delicious as modern watermelons.

Mo Xiaobao likes watermelon the most, and Pei Shaorong also likes it. There is no air conditioning here in summer. Although he has prepared ice cream to relieve the heat in his own space, it is not much.

If you plant watermelons, wait until the watermelons are planted, and freeze them in a well in summer, not to mention the taste.

The persimmon tree was found ready-made in the mountains at the beginning. It only needs to be transplanted and planted. There is no need to bother to cultivate it. Persimmons are so profitable, Pei Shaorong does not intend to give up.

This is only an initial experiment. His family has few hands, and he has a short time to come to ancient times. Although he has a good relationship with the village, he has a weak foundation and is inconvenient to show his strengths.

Pei Shaorong wants to plant too many things, but he can't eat a big fat man in one breath, and he can't worry about anything. This kind of farm is even more, he has to take his time, and his farming skills also need to be improved.

In fact, what he wants to grow is grain, but there are high-yield crops such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, and corn here.

As for rice, Pei Shaorong could only sigh, but he wanted to plant it. The yield of nearly 1,000 catties of hybrid rice per mu of modern times is not comparable to the output of 300 to 400 catties of rice per mu of land in ancient times.

This is also the reason why there are so many fields in ancient times, but there is always not enough food, because the yield of one mu of land is too low!

The rice in his own space is all delicious and high-yield rice grains, but they can't be used as seeds. Pei Shaorong can only regret it.

Fortunately, high-yield crops such as corn, potatoes, and sweet potatoes appeared earlier. Although everyone could not eat food like modern people, they would not be hungry, and Pei Shaorong was not worried about food famine.

Pei Shaorong went to Yueyang City to do business. Most of the people in the village guessed that he must have made money. The village chief did not doubt that he had the money to buy farmland, so he readily helped him with the farmland.

Eight acres of good fertile land and two acres of sandy soil with average soil quality are worth 20 taels of silver.

This sandy land is naturally used to grow watermelons. Watermelons are resistant to drought and barrenness, and there is no need to waste fertile good fields.

Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao would definitely not be able to grow only ten acres of land, but Pei Shaorong didn't plan to do it all by himself. Those who could develop would use labor.

Pei Shaorong, who had 4 acres of grain, decided to spend money to hire someone to help. Tian Pei Shaorong, who cultivated seedlings and planted fruits with 6 acres, was ready to do it himself.

There are still nearly two months before the good season of spring planting. Pei Shaorong decided to get some fertilizer to raise a few acres of land, and then continue to get some watermelon tomatoes and apple tree seedlings in a simple greenhouse. .

With the farming things straightened out in his mind, Pei Shaorong decided to put the house repairs on the agenda before spring planting!

"Brother Pei, we just bought the farm, and now we're building the house, will it be bad..." Mo Xiaobao was worried that his family would be too showy, and someone in the village should come to play the autumn wind.

"I'm in a hurry, but we went to Yueyang City to do a business trip. If we didn't make any money, the people in the village would definitely not believe it. Now we're buying farmland and building a house, and we meet someone who wants to beat our family. Let's just say that we run out of money, and no one will be offended!"

In the past, Pei Shaorong has seen many people in the village who are fighting the autumn wind. It is a question of whether to borrow money or not.

Borrowing money hurts yourself. Who knows when others will pay it back. They all say that when you borrow money, you are your grandson, and when you pay it back, you are your grandfather.

If you don't borrow it, it will hurt your feelings. In ancient times, the most important thing was the relationship between relatives. If you had any problems at home, you would rely on relatives and neighbors to help you.

Especially since he has a father-in-law like Father Mo, Pei Shaorong can't guarantee that he will be respectful and filial to Father Mo, so he won't make up his mind.

On weekdays, Father Mo would endure it if he asked himself to eat, drink and drink some cheap money, but if Father Mo wanted to use his own money to make up for a relative who had never met him, it could be said to be irrelevant, Pei Shaorong Thousands of people don't want to.

This is not because he is reluctant to honor his father-in-law, but because of his father-in-law. He wants money for nothing more than a purpose, to invest in the potential stock of his eldest son-in-law, otherwise, why would he need so much money for a country old man without a son!

Now that I bought the land myself and repaired the house immediately, there is no reason for people who want to make money from his family. Anyway, they don't know how much money his family has in savings.

The most important thing is that Pei Shaorong is thinking about Mo Xiaobao's daily routine of giving him a baby.

Before the baby is born, build the nest first, otherwise it will be inconvenient to start the ground after the baby is born.

The little dolls are precious and precious, if his own doll bumps into each other and doesn't say that he is sad, his Bao's family will definitely die of sadness.

After the Pei family's purchase of land was finished, the village chief was about to set off for Yueyang City. As soon as the news came out, there was another gossip in Linjiang Village.

The villagers were so excited that people who had missed Pei Shaorong's delivery before came to the village chief to buy it on behalf of him.

In the past few days, the people in the village who have brought things back from Yueyang City are awesome, especially the few families who bought the Yueyang City flower cloth. Everyone can be jealous of the flower cloth.

The day before the village head left, the villagers of Linjiang Village rushed to his house again. Compared with the time when Pei Shaorong purchased on his behalf, this time almost every household in Linjiang Village asked the village head to help bring things.

More or less, more or less expensive, in short, everyone is thinking of joining in the fun and wants to let the village chief buy something from Yueyang City for himself.

This is very hard for the village chief. The purpose of his visit to Yueyang City is not to see his daughter, but to become an errand for the villagers.

"Village chief, please, please remember my flower cloth, the one that the mother-in-law Zhang bought last time, one piece, I want one..."

"Yes, village chief, mine also remembered. , In addition to the flower cloth, I also want the Yueyang City shortcake that Brother Lin's family brought last time, you have to come back quickly, my grandson is greedy!"

"The village chief, walk slowly..."

"The village chief, hurry up. Come back..."

The morning when the village chief Qin Laoshuan set off, almost the whole village of Linjiang went to see him off, and Pei Shaorong got up early today, looking at the scene at the entrance of the village, which was like sending off the Red Army ten miles away. He covered his stomach and smiled.

Yesterday, he counted, and basically the whole village asked the village chief to buy it on his behalf. Now the village chief goes to Yueyang City alone, unlike him who has space, so many things he wants to bring back, but they are still in bits and pieces. A toil!