Chapter 54

An accident at Stone Mountain in Xinghua Town is normal for the surrounding villagers. The few stone-picking workers who don't die a year are just like the sun coming out of the west.

However, this time the Shitou Mountain accident was much bigger than before. More than ten people died, and the commotion was a bit big. For a time, many people who wanted to go to the stone-picking and haven't been there gave up.

The men who went to Linjiang Village were relatively lucky, and there were injuries, but fortunately everyone saved their lives, it is a good thing that people are alive!

When such a big accident happened in Stone Mountain, everyone was frightened. Many workers were worried that their lives would not work, and Mo Xiaobao and others' food stalls naturally couldn't go on.

During this time, the three little brothers and daughters have made a lot of money, and the family is also busy collecting food. After discussing it, they decided to collect the food stall and decide to do it later. I will do the work in the fields first. !

Mo Xiaobao came from a farming family, and he missed the work in the fields for a long time. When he talked about collecting watermelons, tomatoes and grain with Pei Shaorong, his face burst into a smile.

As soon as the grain in the fields matured, every household in the village began to rush to harvest it, and Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao were no exception.

Although the family has a lot of fields, there are donkeys and cattle, and Xue Tieshi and Uncle Qin occasionally come to help, so it is not impossible to win.

The main harvest this time is the sweet potatoes, rice, watermelon and tomatoes in the field. Looking at it, I am not in a hurry to finish the work immediately.

Although the watermelon and tomato were already ripe, Pei Shaorong felt that it would not be too late to take care of these two after the sweet potato and rice were collected.

As for the apple tree, you have to wait slowly, and don't worry, the transplanted persimmon tree has grown very well. You can harvest this year's persimmon cakes in October, and then the family will be a big income!

Pei Shaorong's own sweet potatoes and rice are not ready to be sold, and his family has no shortage of money. Of course, such a good natural food is kept for himself.

During this time, Pei Shaorong also discovered that the people here didn't know that high-yield food like sweet potato flour could be made into vermicelli.

So far, the vermicelli here are basically made of mung beans and other things, that is to say, he has found another opportunity to make money.

But the problem comes again. Although Pei Shaorong knows that sweet potato flour can be used to make vermicelli, he can't. This technology has to be tested in private.

Thinking of this, Pei Shaorong couldn't help but sigh, a thousand pieces of gold are hard to buy, I knew it earlier!

If he had known that he would travel back to ancient times, he would have to learn all these life skills over and over again. It was really not enough. He would be fine with two cookbooks.

Now looking through the space, Pei Shaorong felt a pain in his heart when he saw the cartoon CD in the corner that was prepared to pass the time in the end of the world...

Pei's tomatoes and watermelons have never been seen in Linjiang Village, but there are a few people in Watermelon. I heard a passing caravan mention it, and I don't know about this tomato at all.

But looking at the red festivity and the shape of the tomato, the village directly named Pei Shaorong's tomato Red Lantern.

Pei Shaorong thought that this red lantern sounded more appropriate to the local customs than tomato, so he simply changed the name to his own red tomato lantern!

Pei Shaorong planted tomato and watermelon in a total of three acres. Later, seeing that these two kinds of herb vines were growing well, he opened a few acres of wasteland and planted them.

However, the crops grown in the wasteland are not yet mature, and the only ones that can sell for money are tomatoes on one acre of land and watermelons on two acres of land.

This time, Pei Shaorong didn't plan to work hard for retail, so he simply took Mo Xiaobao to go to Yueyang City again.

New varieties such as watermelon and tomato, of course, can only be sold at a good price in big cities. Yueyang Town is too small to be suitable for initial development.

First make your own watermelon and tomatoes famous in Yueyang City, and then sell your own fruits later, it will definitely make a lot of money easily!

The family's food has been collected, and there are no relatives of the elderly and children, so there is basically nothing to worry about. Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao again easily ran to Yueyang City.

This time, the villagers naturally looked for purchasing agents again, but in addition, Pei Shaorong also found that several families in the village were also going to Yueyang City. Go try your luck and make money.

Pei Shaorong didn't care what the villagers wanted to do. He didn't see it at all. After packing up, he and Mo Xiaobao set off on his donkey cart.

Looking for the passing caravan again, Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao ran to Yueyang City with a donkey cart and a familiar road.

Just like the last honeymoon, Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao started a two-person world as soon as they arrived in Yueyang City, playing and doing business at the same time, very relaxed!

The tomato and watermelon sales Pei Shaorong mainly aimed at restaurants in Yueyang City. This kind of high-consumption restaurant is the place that has the ability and interest to eat their goods.

As the saying goes, it's better to shop around, and the same goes for selling things. Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao acted separately, and basically ran through every restaurant in Yueyang City, and finally chose the restaurant with the highest price and the most kind owner to sell.

Because watermelon and tomato are basically new varieties, Pei Shaorong also specially talked about how to eat these two kinds of things, and finally talked to the restaurant owner at the price of 20 cents per pound of tomatoes and 15 cents per pound of watermelon. Good deal.

The price is not low, vegetables and fruits can be sold for more expensive prices than meat, it is definitely sold the word 'rare'!

One acre of tomato can generally yield nearly 10,000 catties, but since this is the first experimental sowing, the harvest of Pei's tomatoes this time is about 4,000 catties.

This number is much less than in modern times, but it was already a very good figure in ancient times, not to mention two mu of watermelon, which is also much less than modern data, but the harvest of two mu of watermelon has also reached 8,000 jin .

Fortunately, Pei Shaorong has space, otherwise, he really doesn't know how many times he has to transport so many things to Yueyang City.

And the loss and cost during the transportation should not be underestimated. In general, Pei Shaorong felt that he was lucky.

4,000 catties of tomatoes, 20 cents a catty totals 54 taels, 8,000 catties of watermelons, 15 cents a catty totals 80 taels, this farming alone is the same, a total of 134 taels!

Pei Shaorong can see that this time the price of watermelon and tomato is sent back to the village, which will definitely cause an uproar.

But he didn't plan to keep these things by himself, and he couldn't keep them, so it was impossible to make money without attracting everyone's attention.

But the high prices of tomatoes and watermelons are also the reason why these two things come out fresh and the yield is high.

The most important thing is all because of the word "first opportunity", otherwise it is absolutely impossible for this watermelon and tomato to earn so much.

If it is vigorously developed by the villagers in the future, then the price of radish and cabbage will be the same as the current price of radish and cabbage!

He knew that it was absolutely impossible to monopolize Pei Shaorong, but if he wanted him to suffer a loss, Pei Shaorong could only say, I'm sorry, I don't know what a loss is...

After giving the tomatoes and watermelons to the restaurant owner in batches, Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao played comfortably in Yueyang City for a few days before returning to the village.

As soon as he returned to Linjiang Village and distributed the items purchased by the villagers, Pei Shaorong found the village and decided to talk about the planting of tomatoes and watermelons.

This is also the decision he made after careful consideration. Instead of waiting until the villagers who went to Yueyang City to make money before found that their tomatoes and watermelons had such a large profit, they ran back to the village to report to everyone. field trouble.

Pei Shaorong felt that since this thing cannot be monopolized, it is better to give the villagers a favor now, and by the way, make a good profit before the devaluation of tomatoes and watermelons!

The second day after returning to the village, Pei Shaorong took Mo Xiaobao to visit the village chief's house.

The village chief is very fond of Pei Shaorong now, although he never said that he was behind Cen Ziwen's push.

But the village chief and Qin Xiangrong are not fools either. Knowing this little chubby Cen Jianian, they can also guess that Cen Ziwen's downfall has nothing to do with Pei Shaorong!

As soon as he arrived at the village chief's house, Pei Shaorong saw the little fat dun Cen's family crouching in the yard with more than a dozen village children, each holding a twig and writing on the ground, while Qin Xiangrong was sitting next to him with a book to teach everyone.

Since returning to the village, Qin Xiangrong rarely goes out.

Therefore, in addition to helping the family work, Qin Xiangrong taught the village children to read for free with books.

Although she came from a farm family, she learned to read from the village chief when she was a child, and she was a county magistrate's wife for a few years.

"A Bao, Pei Xianggong is here..."

Qin Xiangrong put down her things and walked over to say hello when she saw the two of them entering the yard. Although she had experienced Cen Ziwen's incident, she seemed to be in good spirits now.

But looking at the look in her eyes, Pei Shaorong felt that the current Qin Xiangrong was a little different from Mo Xiaobao's description, not as weak as in the legend, but more sturdy...

"Uncle Pei, Abaofu Lang!"

Xiao Pangdun ran over, and the other children in the yard ran over with them, and now the children in the village who said they liked the most would definitely be the husband of the Pei family.

Because of their expectations for their future children, Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao both like children the most, and they always put some snacks in their pockets to tease them when they go out.

After grabbing a handful of peanut candy that is common in the town, Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao followed Qin Xiangrong into the back room and saw the village chief.

Pei Shaorong didn't talk nonsense, he just made two simple polite sentences to clarify his purpose.

"Old village chief, I have dragged this tomato and watermelon to Yueyang City for a trial sale this time. The price is not bad. When I came to the village, everyone took care of me, so I thought, if you have money, everyone will make it together. Let's go to Linjiang. The people of the village will get rich and repair the house together!"

"Pei Xianggong, this, this tomato can really be sold for the price of meat? You didn't lie to me for 20 cents, and watermelon can also be 15 cents?"

After listening to Pei Shao Rong's words, Qin Laoshuan is stupid, what kind of precious thing is this tomato and watermelon

? Village chief, the price is high now because there is nothing rare in a radius of 100 miles. If everyone in our village grows it, and these two things are not suitable for long-distance transportation and sales, the price will naturally drop by then, but there are still some Earned..."

"Old village chief, according to my estimation, the price of these tomatoes and watermelons will not drop below ten cents for at least two years, and it is a great advantage that only our village grows... "

This was also considered by Pei Shaorong in many ways. The transportation in ancient times was too inconvenient, and not everyone had their own convenient and safe space.

Watermelons and tomatoes were not suitable for long-distance transportation and sales in ancient times, so Pei Shaorong was willing to share these two things with everyone.

With a smile, Pei Shaorong continued, "But I don't have many seeds of these tomatoes and watermelons. Now there are only three acres of seedlings, and there may not be many of each family in the village..."

"It's natural..." After listening to Pei Shaorong's analysis, Qin Laoshuan immediately saw the prospect of increasing everyone's income.

According to Pei Shaorong's description, the tomatoes are fine, but this watermelon doesn't grow for a long time and doesn't choose land. The villagers can plant two acres of sandy land directly in the back mountain.

For everyone, it is a matter of strength, but the annual income will definitely increase by a large margin!

Although Pei Shaorong didn't donate much seedlings, and each household was divided only a little, but as long as they were used well, the villagers' income would be one more item in the future.

Thinking of this, Qin Laoshuan was comforted, but he didn't expect that Pei Shaorong, a new foreigner, was really good!

Patting Pei Shaorong on the shoulder, Qin Laoshuan said earnestly, "From the Pei family, I know you are a good descendant, tell me, how do you plan to sell this seedling, I will not let the village treat you badly..."

Qin Lao Shuan is also a sensible person. It is impossible for the seedlings of the Pei family to be given out in vain. It is a matter of course to collect money.

Hearing Qin Laoshuan's words, Pei Shaorong was also satisfied. He secretly said that the village chief is also a sensible person, and he is not a disadvantaged person. Since he shared such a good thing with everyone, he would be too sorry to come back without some benefits. !

"Old village chief, since you said so, then I'm welcome..."

Pei Shaorong stared at Qin Laoshuan because he was a little annoyed by his rude words, and smirked in his heart as he spoke too much.

"How many seedlings are there in my fields, I keep one-third of the tomatoes and watermelons, and I don't want the remaining two-thirds, so I just charge thirty taels of seed money, how can I give them to the village? I don't care if the village head is the old village chief, and I don't care..."

There are not many households in the thirty-two villages, and the villagers can definitely afford it. here.

"Old village chief, in addition to this kind of money, I have another condition for giving the seedlings to the village..."

"What conditions, tell me..." Qin Laoshuan nodded, and Pei Shaorong wanted thirty taels of seeds. Money is not too much, after all, things are rare, and money can't buy them now.

"I want to buy the sweet potatoes in the village!"

"What?" Qin Laoshuan was startled. "You...why do you want so many sweet potatoes?"

It's not impossible to sell all the sweet potatoes to Pei Shaorong. Yes, but Qin Laoshuan was really surprised that the Pei family wanted so many sweet potatoes.

According to the high yield of sweet potatoes, every family in the village basically harvests several thousand kilograms of sweet potatoes. What does this Pei family want to do... What

Pei Shaorong wants to do, of course, is to use sweet potatoes to make money. Now everyone I don't know that sweet potato flour can still be made into vermicelli. Of course, he wants to take advantage of this opportunity.

In addition to vermicelli, there are many foods that sweet potatoes can make. The most important thing is that this sweet potato flour can also be used to make steamed buns. Steamed buns mixed with flour are not only delicious, but also save the use of flour!

At that time, vermicelli and sweet potato flour can not only be sold here in Yueyang, but because they are convenient for storage and suitable for long-distance transportation, they can be developed outside.

"Old village chief, I will not hide it from you. I buy sweet potatoes in the village to make money. I plan to set up a factory and sell sweet potato products..."

"The purchase price of these sweet potatoes is based on the annual sales price in the village. Two cents a pound, besides that, I want the village chief to promise to help me persuade the villagers to come to work in my factory, and I'll give everyone the wages!" If

you want to make a fortune, in addition to your business acumen, you will naturally need help from people. The reason why Pei Shaorong always wanted to win over the people in the village.

His plan to be quite a landlord is not only accomplished by just farming and selling some grain, of course, he has to use resources to make money for himself. No one can ever get too much money!

This factory is not only to do sweet potato products, but Pei Shaorong has many plans. It is absolutely imperative to set up a factory to hire people.

"Pei's family...you..." Qin Laoshuan suddenly felt a little dry. Seeing Pei Shaorong like this, he was planning to fight.

Qin Laoshuan, who was working in the factory, didn't understand, but he understood what Pei Shaorong was trying to convey, that is, he wanted to invite people from the village to work in his house!

Pei Shaorong also knew that sometimes his words were too modern, and it was difficult for the ancients such as Qin Laoshuan to understand, so he thought about it and continued.

"Village chief, I will make an example of the rules for hiring people to run a factory. You just need to help me persuade the villagers to come to my house to help. I will never treat you badly for wages... I don't know if the village chief will do it or not. "

Go on!"

Qin Laoshuan slapped his thigh, he is a fool if he has money and not earning money. On weekdays, when people in the village are not busy, they go to the town to find jobs to make money to support the family. Now the Pei family is asking people for help in the village. Who wouldn't want to.

As soon as they agreed with the village chief, Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao went home satisfied to discuss the matter of setting up the factory together. The village chief also hurriedly summoned the villagers to pass on the good news brought by the Pei family to everyone.

Whether it's Jin Gui's red tomato lanterns and watermelons, or what factory the Pei family wants to set up to hire people to work, it's definitely great news for the people of Linjiang Village.

In short, for everyone, these two things are beneficial and harmless. When the village chief released the news, no one in the village refuted it, and they all applauded. Who would dislike this money-making thing?