Chapter 23

Aunt Qin and her mother-in-law, Mrs. Qin, have been fighting for wits and courage for many years, not to mention that if Father Mo wants to show off and raise the price, he has to see if he has any leverage.

Seeing that Aunt Qin and Pei Shaorong were leaving, Father Mo was also anxious, so he quickly pulled people to continue the conversation.

Father Mo is not a fool either, and Aunt Qin doesn't need to say more, he also understands that it is better for Mo Xiaobao to marry Pei Shaorong than to go to Shanghe Village.

He wanted to marry Mo Xiaobao to Shanghe Village, but he had no other choice.

No one in the village is willing to marry Mo Xiaobao, and he doesn't want to keep him forever, and the money for his eldest son-in-law to take the exam has not been collected. Of course, he can only sacrifice Mo Xiaobao.

It's just that Father Mo didn't expect that someone would take the initiative to propose marriage to Mo Xiaobao. The sun was coming out from the west.

Marrying a younger brother is always more cost-effective than selling a younger brother. Marriage is a long-term development plan. Now that he has other options, he doesn't want to hire a brother-in-law who is older than himself to make a joke.

However, although this surname Pei looks good on the outside, the family is so poor that they don't even have land. Father Mo is not really worried that Mo Xiaobao will starve to death after marrying him, but he is worried that Pei Shaorong will be poor in the future before he develops. to ask for food and money from his father-in-law.

What kind of person is Father Mo, the famous iron rooster in the village. It would be good if he didn't ask you for two. If anyone wants to take something from his pocket, it's like wanting his life.

As far as he funded his eldest son-in-law, that was also under the promise of investing in potential stocks and adopting incense. Otherwise, where would Father Mo be willing to give money for nothing?

After Aunt Qin said it before, and I thought about it again, Father Mo was actually willing to agree to this marriage, but it was absolutely impossible to give his family more benefits based on his character.

Father Mo thinks well, but he ignores that Mo Xiaobao's current reputation has nothing to do with him.

The little brother is no better than a girl to talk about marriage, and Mo Xiaobao has such a reputation. Pei Shaorong can take the initiative to come to the door to propose a marriage, and it is very good for an outsider like Aunt Qin to follow the normal dowry.

After Pei Shaorong asked the Mo family's eldest daughter's marriage fee, Aunt Qin suddenly found a bargaining chip to overpower Mo's father.

You said that the daughter of the Mo family only got two taels of money when she got married, and now the little brother is still not satisfied with the two and a half tat of marriage, and he is too greedy and inauthentic. Bullying the big brother Pei is from out of town and doesn't understand the rules of the village, right?

Aunt Qin has always looked at Pei Shaorong pleasing to the eye, and Mo Xiaobao is also the little brother she liked when she grew up in the village, and she has long wanted to match.

Even if it's not for Pei Shaorong's money, she still has to fight for herself. If she, who has never lost anything, loses to Father Mo, it will be a shame to spread it out!

Father Mo's ability to show off is also due to Pei Shaorong's attitude that he seems to want to marry his little brother. Now Pei Shaorong looks like he is about to give up, and Aunt Qin is adding fuel to the jealousy. Father Mo's arrogance suddenly rises disappeared.

"Okay, I agree, I agree with this marriage!"

Father Mo regretted that he didn't take advantage of it this time, but it was better than letting Mo Xiaobao marry into Shanghe Village.

"Really?" Aunt Qin's eyes lit up, "Do you really agree with the Mo family? We're talking about two and a half dollars of dowry, and a 50 percent marriage at the beginning of next month..."

"Agree!"

Father Mo looked at Qin angrily. Aunt glanced at Pei Shaorong, then said to Pei Shaorong, "Hey, Pei Shaorong, right? Uncle sees that you are not rich, so this dowry pays uncle to accept you a little bit, but uncle's family is also difficult, but there is no money to dowry..."

This is cheap, but Father Mo doesn't want to give him another dowry.

"I know, as long as the people from A Bao come over..." Pei Shaorong smiled honestly, he didn't care about Father Mo's dowry, as long as A Bao married him.

As soon as Father Mo agreed to the marriage, lest he regret any accident, Pei Shaorong quickly pushed the things he brought to Father Mo, and then put the prepared dowry on the table.

"Uncle, since it's agreed, let's exchange Geng Tie to get married. I've brought all the dowry gifts, and this is the dowry..."

"Okay, since we've brought everything, let's do it together!

" Dad nodded in agreement, Pei Shaorong was worried about accidents, and he was also worried that Pei Shaorong would go back.

His family Xiaobao has been rejected twice. If there is another accident this time, Mo Xiaobao will have no face to live, and he will have to vomit blood...

Next, it will be simple to exchange Gengtie for a marriage. Once the dowry is given, Aunt Qin If you help to report to the village to prepare for the marriage, it will be settled.

After the marriage was agreed, Pei Shaorong and Aunt Qin left Mo's house and went home to prepare things for marriage. In the yard, they met Mo Xiaobao, who was eavesdropping and eavesdropping in the corner of the yard.

Seeing that his hair was neatly combed and clearly dressed, and he showed a shy smile to himself, Pei Shaorong felt a fever in his heart, and he wished to bring people home now.

Ever since he met Mo Xiaobao, he felt as if he had become a different person. All the mistrust and sophistication he had experienced in the end had disappeared, as if he had returned to his youthful green head.

Looking at the back of him leaving, Mo Xiaobao was also very excited. Big Brother Pei really came to his house to propose marriage. He was about to marry, or marry the person he liked. It was like a dream. It turned out that he could marry too. To the good guy you like!

When Pei Shaorong's back completely disappeared at the door of the house, Mo Xiaobao happily ran into the main room and jumped in front of his father.

"Father, the marriage is all set? When will I marry Big Brother Pei?"

When Father Mo, who was checking the dowry, heard this, he raised his head suddenly, and slapped Mo Xiaobao on the back of the head with a slap in the face.

"I said why are you wearing new clothes and applying fragrance today, it's for the Pei. Tell me, when did you hook up? Did you do anything shameful?"

Now Father Mo is also reacting. Come here this morning, why is my little brother so wrong, and I dare to imitate his sister who has already hooked up with men in private!

Mo Xiaobao touched the back of his head aggrievedly, then blushed, "Dad, what are you talking about, Pei is not that kind of person, we didn't do anything shameful..." He held hands, kissed, kissed Just a moment.

"He's not that kind of person, but you're different..." Father Mo was annoyed, "I can't guarantee you don't want to marry me in Shanghe Village and make a fool of me. Your good things haven't come to pass, but the daring man of my youth was taught to learn. It 's all over..."

"Father, why are you talking about me like that, am I your own?" Mo Xiaobao was depressed and aggrieved.

"No, you picked it up at the end of the village!"

Father Mo continued to organize things like Mo Xiaobao in vain, staring at the dowry basket full of dowry brought by Pei Shaorong.

He secretly said that he would have to spend a lot of money if he didn't say anything. Tsk tsk, this guy named Pei really liked his little treasure. When did he go blind?

He didn't get his father's answer, but he got a while of contempt. Mo Xiaobao could only ask his mother. When he got married on the fifth day of next month, he immediately laughed, and until he went to bed at night, he dreamed of sweetness...

It was said before that the village was a place where things couldn't be hidden, and when Pei Shaorong went to the Mo family to propose marriage, it spread throughout the village as soon as he returned home.

The village has been very lively in the past two days. Previously, Father Mo found a family for Mo Xiaobao, which was discussed by the whole village.

No way, Mo Xiaobao and his father Mo are both celebrities in the village. In recent years, Mo Xiaobao has been talked about behind his back by the long-tongued women in the village.

As for Pei Shaorong, he is actually very popular among the villagers. He is a foreigner, and the villagers must be very curious.

However, since he came to Linjiang Village, he has been very low-key, and he always suppresses his nature and pretends to be honest and honest to say hello to everyone. In addition, he is also upright and handsome, and the villagers still have a very good impression of him. of.

An old man who can't marry and has a bad reputation, and a poor boy and an older man from out of town, now the two are a couple, and the villagers don't talk about it, it's just sorry for their gossip nature!

"Hey, have you heard? That new man went to the Mo family to propose marriage..."

"I heard, I saw with my own eyes this morning that the man surnamed Pei carried a big basket of things on his back. Went with Aunt Qin..."

"I also heard that the man surnamed Pei gave Father Mo two and a half dollars of money, and he also gave a lot of betrothal gifts, quite generous..."

"Really? That Pei doesn't mind Mo Xiaobao's reputation? That little brother was naked in front of the people in our village, tsk tsk..."

"Who knows, they saw it right, but I said they were still It's a good match, Xiaobao's marriage to someone with the surname Pei is better than marrying someone in Shanghe Village, and that child looks good to me..."

"Hey, what's the match? That guy surnamed Pei just came to our village and doesn't know much about it. When he finds out about Mo Xiaobao's past, he will definitely have a prick in his heart. I think he is tall and like a bull. Maybe you'll be beaten..."

"Bah, darling, can't you be rude, you don't like anyone's business, yours is the best, right? Go home and sleep, don't talk to us... ..."

"It's just..."

"Hahaha..."

There are good and bad people in the village, but most of the villagers think that Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao are a good pair.

Not to mention that Mo Xiaobao can't get married, Pei Shaorong, a poor boy who doesn't even have a farm, has no one in the village willing to marry him, so the two are indeed quite right!

Pei Shaorong also heard some of the discussions in the village. The good ones were accepted with a smile, and the bad ones were ignored. It was his business to marry a wife, and it was up to him to decide whether it was good or not.

It is said that Xi Shi is in the eyes of lovers, no matter what Mo Xiaobao was like before, what happened to him, and how many people despised him, but in his heart, Mo Xiaobao is the best.

When the little guy gets married to him, it's all about them both!

There is just one month left until the fifth marriage at the beginning of next month, and Pei Shaorong is happily preparing for his wedding, but he always feels that time is passing so slowly.