Chapter 38

The village chief wanted Pei Shaorong to help him very simply. He just hoped that Pei Shaorong would help him bring something to Yueyang City for his daughter who became the county magistrate's wife. By the way, let's see how his daughter is doing now.

The village chief's daughter is named Qin Xiangrong. She was a well-known beauty in Linjiang Village at the time, and her personality was also gentle. When she was married, the people who came to propose marriage almost broke the threshold of the village chief's house.

Among the countless good families who came to propose marriage, Qin Xiangrong finally married her childhood sweetheart, that is, her current husband, the county magistrate of Yueyang City, Cen Ziwen.

Cen Ziwen and Qin Xiangrong are not only childhood sweethearts, but also distant relatives. It is not clear how far they are. Anyway, the two were related a long time ago.

The original Cen family was much worse than the village chief's family. The family was not wealthy. When Cen Ziwen and Qin Xiangrong got married, Cen Ziwen hadn't even been admitted to being a scholar.

It stands to reason that Cen Ziwen's marriage to Qin Xiangrong was definitely a high-level marriage at that time, and many people were not optimistic, but the two were behind their childhood sweethearts, and the village chief was not a snobby person, so he agreed to this marriage.

Even most of the money spent by the two to get married was paid for by the village chief Qin himself. After Qin Xiangrong got married, the village chief did not give a lot of subsidies.

At that time, there were still many people in the village who joked about the village chief marrying a daughter, but everyone did not expect that Cen Ziwen later worked hard and not only was admitted as a scholar, but also won the ranking in the Beijing Science Examination, and finally became the county of Yueyang City. make.

This big reversal caused a lot of waves here at the time. Father Mo wanted to fund his eldest son-in-law's examination for the champion, and most of them were influenced by the village chief.

And Cen Ziwen thanked the village chief for his help in the snow, and he also took good care of the village chief's family after he developed.

However, since Cen Ziwen became county magistrate and Qin Xiangrong went to Yueyang City with her husband, it was a long journey. The family had fields and could not leave. Her daughter and son-in-law were dragged by official business and could not come back in Yueyang City. The village chief has not seen his daughter for a long time. .

On weekdays, Qin Xiangrong and Cen Ziwen would send a lot of things back to show their respect, and would also write letters to the village chief, but it has been almost three years, and the village chief misses their daughters and grandchildren very much.

But he wanted to go, but he couldn't get away with the family dragging him. At this moment, when he heard that Pei Shaorong was going to Yueyang City, he immediately wanted to bring something to his daughter.

By the way, let someone help me to see how my daughter is doing now. After all, I can't really see it from the letter and gift. Now it's good to have someone I know to help me.

"Pei's family, you don't know, my daughter has a weak temper since she was a child, although Ziwen is good to her, but I haven't seen it for almost three years. I'm not at ease. You said that Ziwen was dragged on by official business. If you don't go home, why won't Xiangrong come back to take a look..." The

village chief said a little melancholy, he was worse than Father Mo, and he didn't have a son in the family, not to mention Qin Xiangrong, a daughter. Since Qin Xiangrong got married, the village has The long house is very deserted.

For three years, except for the filial piety and letters from her daughter and son-in-law received during the New Year and festivals, I haven't seen half of them.

The village chief was both longing and anxious, and was a little sad. Could it be that the girl he loved since childhood has grown and looked down on his poor family?

"Pei's family, when you see Xiang Rong, you must help me bring things and words, so that this dead girl has to find time to bring my grandson back to see..."

"Village chief, don't worry, when the time comes. I'll definitely go to the county magistrate's office to help you bring things and words!"

Pei Shaorong nodded, borrowing the donkey from the village chief's house to help bring things and words, it's not a problem.

Not long after he came out with the donkey from the village chief's house, the news that he and Mo Xiaobao were going to Yueyang City immediately spread, and the whole Linjiang Village was boiling.

In the hearts of the villagers, Yueyang City represents a modern and prosperous metropolis, and everything is worth yearning for.

Most of the people in the village are like Mo Xiaobao. The farthest place they have been to is Yueyang Town. Even many girls and brothers have never been to the town, and they have stayed in a place like Linjiang Village all their lives.

As soon as the news came out, everyone ran out to get together and start talking.

"The men of the Pei family are going to do business in Yueyang City, do you know?"

"Yes, as the village chief said just now, the donkeys have been borrowed from them. I heard that the men of the Pei family want to take Ah Bao to play..."

"No, The Pei family really values ​​A Bao, it would be great if my boss would also take me to Yueyang City, I heard that Yueyang City is bigger than Yueyang Town..."

"It's so big, everyone in the city eats everything. It's fine rice grains, and the clothes are made of silk and satin. At night, the lights are still on in the city. It's so beautiful, it looks like a place where gods live..."

"It's a big city, and of course there are many good things... No way. , I have to ask my boss some money to ask Bao to help me bring back a foot of cloth from Yueyang City, which is something from the big city..."

"Yes, yes, I also go to Bao to bring something, I want that Yueyang The cakes from the city, for my good son!"

"I'm going too, I'm going too..."

It's a rare thing for people from the village to go to Yueyang City. We hear a lot of businessmen talking about things in the bustling big city, but I'm envious Live the prosperous life in the big city.

Although they can't go now, but since Pei Shaorong is going, everyone wants to bring something back, which is only available in big cities, it's rare!

This is the same as the reason that modern friends go abroad to bring sea goods. There is something in the family that is not available in the village or town, which is called a sense of superiority.

When Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao went home for lunch and were about to take a nap, there was a knock on the door of their house. All the villagers, young and old, all stood at the door of his house to ask for purchasing... ...

This ancient time is no better than modern times. The most important thing is the relationship between neighbors and relatives. You must not be isolated by everyone, otherwise the life will be unclean.

Pei Shaorong smiled, and hurried back to the room to find a pen and paper before running out loudly, "Don't worry everyone, I'll write down what you bring here, but I'll say it first, I can't bring big things. And for this money, my family's situation can't be advanced, so everyone has to pay a deposit first..."

"Okay!" Everyone agreed with a smile. Everyone knew the situation of Pei's family, and they didn't think there was anything wrong with giving a deposit first.

However, some people don't quite believe it, and they feel uneasy about giving money without getting something.

Pei Shaorong doesn't care when he hears it. If he likes it or not, it's not good for him to take a trip by himself. Why should he pay in advance? very poor'!

There were many villagers running over, but in fact most of them were joining in the fun. Pei Shaorong seriously recorded what everyone was going to bring, and Mo Xiaobao was beside him to collect money.

Aunt Qin and Brother Lin also ran over. Brother Lin wanted to buy delicious shortbread, and Aunt Qin wanted to buy a bottle of wine from the Daqing Kingdom.

Lin Ge'er bought shortcakes for his two-year-old son Pei Shaorong, but when he heard that Aunt Qin asked for wine, Pei Shaorong was taken aback.

He knew that there was wine here, but the price was very expensive. This time he went to Yueyang City to sell a few bottles of wine in his space and exchange it for silver.

This kind of thing is generally only enjoyed by rich masters, and ordinary civilians can only sigh and sigh. Aunt Qin's family is not particularly wealthy, and she is very diligent and thrifty on weekdays.

"Big brother, here's a tael of silver. Look at how much you can buy. When this wine comes back to my family, Musheng will be able to get married. Then the big brother will come to drink the wedding wine!"

Aunt Qin handed the silver to Pei Shao . Rong, his face was so full of smiles that he could hardly close his mouth. A few years ago, Qin Musheng came back and said that his master wanted to give him his daughter.

But the carpenter has a good face, and it is necessary to give a bottle of wine for this dowry.

"So that's the case, then congratulations to Auntie..." Pei Shaorong nodded and hurriedly recorded Aunt Qin's wine.

Next, I wrote down several things, and the last old woman came up, "I want a pound of shortbread, two pounds of candied fruit, and a piece of flower cloth, only those in Yueyang City!"

Pei Shaorong nodded and wrote it down, indicating The old lady took out the money, "It's estimated to be three taels of silver..."

"Well, from the Pei family, you can give me the money first, and I'll give it back later..." The old lady didn't pay for it.

Pei Shaorong was helpless, "Auntie, everyone pays money first, and you are no exception. Otherwise, how can I explain it to other villagers? Besides, you are three taels of silver, not three cents..."

This flower cloth is not cheap . , I also want Yueyang City's monopoly items. Just now, there was one that was only a few feet away, so I would give you a tael of silver first. This old woman asked for one, and it was very lenient to ask her to give her three taels of silver first.

"I know it's three taels of silver, so it's just three taels. You give me a cushion first, and it's not like I won't give it to you..." The old woman was a little unhappy.

"..." Pei Shaorong was funny, but it was not only three taels of silver, but he took it out so easily.

Later, the villagers started to laugh when they saw the old lady, and Father Mo, who came to hear the news, rushed over to see the old lady.

"Wang's mother-in-law, what are you doing! Go for a walk, if you want the things in Yueyang City to go by yourself, don't ask my brother-in-law to bring them, but also want to make money, do you think my brother-in-law and Xiaobao are young and good Bullying, you want to repay the debt afterwards!"

"The relatives who returned to my family, you still have the face to ask my little treasure to bring something to your family to repay the debt, you are embarrassed..." Father

Mo stared at the old lady with a bad expression, Pei Shaorong Looking back at Mo Xiaobao's face, his expression was not very good, and after listening to Father Mo's scolding, he suddenly understood.

The old lady in front of her who wanted to bring something but didn't give her money was the old lady who had quit Mo Xiaobao's marriage to the Wang family, and she was also the mother-in-law who bought the New Year pig and fought against his family's Liu Meihua.

After being scolded by Father Mo with his nose, and seeing the people around him revealing his own jokes, Mrs. Wang looked at Father Mo and Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao angrily before turning around and leaving.

Seeing that Mrs. Wang was gone, Father Mo also turned his head, looked at the two of them and taught them a lesson, "Master Abao, let me tell you, don't be polite when you see the Wang family in the future, they bullied my family badly..."

When he thought of the shame of the Wang family's withdrawal from the relatives, Father Mo was so angry that he took a few breaths to calm down.

"Abao, that, you also bring two things from Yueyang City to Dad. I want the golden cigarettes, remember, it's the golden cigarettes..." Father

Mo said as he took out a tael of silver. Putting it on the table, his addiction to smoking cigarettes is no less than his desire for his son's incense.

Seeing the money on the table, not to mention that Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao were surprised, the villagers behind him were horrified by the way they stared at Father Mo. When did Father Mo become so generous?

Facing the gazes of the people around him, Father Mo blushed rarely, coughed to cover up his embarrassment, and pushed the silver on the table forward.

"Cough cough, those golden cigarettes are not cheap, one or two and a half silver per roll, Mr. A Bao, if you make money from doing business, give me some money..."

"..."

Pei Shaorong could not laugh or cry, Mo Xiao I knew when Bao stared at Father Mo, and the villagers in the back were relieved. Come on, this is Father Mo!