Chapter 41

Since he arrived in Yueyang City, Pei Shaorong didn't plan to waste this opportunity. Ancient times were no more convenient than modern times, and it was too troublesome to travel far.

At this moment, there are still four days before the Lantern Festival, and Yueyang City is already very lively. In the morning, Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao will dress up and quietly sell things around the city, and they will go shopping and play together in the afternoon.

The same is true for Zheng San and others. They go out to do business in the morning and play in the town when they are free in the afternoon. Everyone does their own business. The people in the caravan don't know what Pei Shaorong and how much they sold and how much they made.

Although Yueyang City is prosperous, there are many things sold in the town that are not available in the town, but after watching it for two days, it is nothing new to Pei Shaorong who is used to seeing more things.

On the other hand, Mo Xiaobao was even happier. He had made so much money when he first came here, and spending money was not as tangled as before.

Even if he wanted to save money, as long as he took a second look at the things, Pei Shaorong would buy them on the spot, or he would buy them quietly for him two steps behind, making Mo Xiaobao surprised and happy. I can't say anything about saving money, I just care about being happy.

Because it is a festival, there are many programs in Yueyang Town, street acrobatics, various snacks, listening to music stories, lights at night, flower boats on the lake, there are too many to watch and play!

These programs also have festivals in the town, but because of the limited population and economy, they are not as prosperous and lively as the big cities.

While making money and playing, Pei Shaorong didn't forget the village chief's instructions. On the day before the Lantern Festival, he and Mo Xiaobao brought something and took the invitation from the village chief to go to Qin Xiangrong, the village chief's daughter.

"Brother Pei, you will be stunned when you see Sister Xiangrong. Sister Xiangrong is the most beautiful girl in our village, and she is a very nice person. When I was a child, she used to give me candied haws for a penny. She is willing to..."

Mo Xiaobao was very happy when he said that he was going to find the village chief's daughter. Qin Xiangrong used to be kind to their younger brothers and sisters in the village, and often invited them to eat candy.

Because the village chief's family is rich and Qin Xiangrong is literate, she always tells stories to everyone at the entrance of the village. Mo Xiaobao's love of listening to stories is so strange that he developed it at that time.

These Pei Shaorong have heard Mo Xiaobao say it many times, and his ears are about to get calluses, but Mo Xiaobao is happy to say it, and he doesn't want to lose his temper.

Holding Mo Xiaobao's hand towards the county magistrate's mansion, Pei Shaorong smiled to please his own Xiaoshou, "No matter how beautiful Qin Xiangrong is, she is not as good-looking as my Abao..."

"...It's not, it's Pei bro, you think me It looks good..." Mo Xiaobao was embarrassed, but he was still very sweet in his heart.

Yueyang City is good. The girls and brothers raised in this good place are naturally good. All of them are white and tender, but they are not comparable to the girls and brothers in the village.

Every time he meets a beautiful girl and brother these few days, Mo Xiaobao can't help worrying that Pei Shaorong will fall in love with others, for fear that Pei Shaorong will be taken away by others like Wang Afu at the beginning.

Compared with Wang Afu, his elder brother Pei is much better. Maybe anyone will take a fancy to him, or if elder brother Pei wants to marry someone else, there is nothing he can do.

Although it is normal to marry a concubine and a flat wife here, he can't object or be jealous, but Mo Xiaobao is not at all willing to share his husband, and he doesn't want others to share Pei Shaorong's love and reconciliation for him!

Every time he secretly observed that Pei Shaorong didn't squint when he saw other girls and brothers, but when he saw his face full of smiles, his eyes were hot and focused, Mo Xiaobao felt a lot more relieved, and he exuded a kind of wholeheartedness. I am the happiest breath in the world.

No need for Pei Shaorong to take the initiative, as soon as he arrived in Yueyang City, Mo Xiaobao held Pei Shaorong's hand tightly wherever he went.

Especially when he met the beautiful girl and the little brother, the nervousness that showed the close relationship between the two made Pei Shaorong couldn't help but laugh while covering his stomach, and cooperated to show his affection.

The county magistrate's mansion was easy to find. The two set off from the inn and walked slowly for half an hour to finally arrive at the entrance of the magistrate mansion.

But the county magistrate's office is not anyone who wants to enter, and when the invitation letter from the village chief, that is, a letter of introduction, is handed over, and it doesn't take long for the housekeeper to come out.

"Are you from your wife's family?" The butler looked at the two with a cold attitude.

"Yes, we belong to the same village as the village chief. The village chief asked me to bring something for my wife..." Pei Shaorong nodded.

Mo Xiaobao also said happily, "Yes, we are here to see Sister Xiangrong, I'm Abao, you tell Sister Xiangrong, she must know..."

"My family is busy with business and has not come back yet, and my wife is sick. If you are inconvenient to see people, I will give the things to Madam. If you have anything else to say to me, I will tell Madam..."

"Ah? Sister Xiangrong is ill? Is it serious?" Mo Xiaobao asked anxiously.

Seeing that Mo Xiaobao didn't answer, the housekeeper asked someone to take things over before asking, "Is there anything else you two have to do?"

The meaning of chasing people was already obvious, even the rough-hearted Mo Xiaobao could hear it. Pei Shaorong looked at the indifferent expression of the housekeeper and pursed his lips. "Since this is the case, it is inconvenient for us to disturb. Please tell me that the village chief misses

his wife very much. If she has time to go home and have a look..."

"Well, I will tell my wife!"

The two servants left with their things, slammed the door shut, and slammed Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao with a gray nose.

"Cough, big brother Pei, why are they like this..."

Mo Xiaobao was a little unhappy. They sent things all the way, but the owner didn't even see anyone. He didn't even enter the door, he didn't take a sip of water, and the servant's attitude was extremely cold.

Pei Shaorong nodded in agreement. The people of the county magistrate's government are also too cold. Anyway, they represent the people of the county magistrate's wife's family. Even if the host is inconvenient to see guests, it seems that it is not polite to treat guests like this. Bar?

Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao were both very depressed when they came to deliver things with good intentions but got a closed door.

But it will be fine in a while. Anyway, the village chief has brought all the things and words they brought with them. They come to Yueyang City to earn money and spend their honeymoon. The affairs of the county magistrate can be completely forgotten!

After playing for two days while earning money in the town, the Lantern Festival is coming.

After a comfortable sleep in as usual in the morning, Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao slowly got up from the bed.

After washing up, changing clothes, saying hello to Zheng San and others, Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao left their two-person world alone.

After leaving the inn and strolling on the street for a while, Pei Shaorong dragged Mo Xiaobao to find a very tall restaurant to prepare for dinner.

Now that you have earned money, of course you have to enjoy it. You can't always go to roadside stalls and small restaurants. Of course, you have to visit this kind of restaurant that is comparable to modern star-rated hotels!

"Brother Pei, if the people in the village knew that I went to the restaurant to eat, they would definitely die of envy. You know, Brother Aniu in the village works in the restaurant in the town, and his daughter-in-law eats in the restaurant every time he goes to the town. I envy her..."

Mo Xiaobao walked into the restaurant nervously and excitedly holding Pei Shaorong's arm. He had never seen any market. A few days ago, when he went to the restaurant with Pei Shaorong to sell things, he went out of the way. The hall where the restaurant entertains guests for dinner.

Grandma Liu seemed to take a few glances when she entered the Grand View Garden. Mo Xiaobao leaned over to Pei Shaorong and said with a smile, "So restaurants are like this. They are similar to restaurants, except that the place is a bit bigger and things are a bit more expensive..."

"Well , I also think it's similar to a restaurant, but Bao, I heard that the dumplings in this restaurant are delicious!" Pei Shaorong nodded in agreement.

"Really? Brother Pei, do I want to eat eight?" Mo Xiaobao licked his mouth with a greedy expression.

Pei Shaorong shook his head, "No, eight is too many..."

"Ah...then, those seven..." Mo Xiaobao was pitiful, "Brother Pei, is seven good?"

"Six in a bowl . , if you eat too many glutinous rice balls, you won't be able to eat other things... I heard that there are eight treasure chickens, crystal dumplings, braised pig heads, golden silk rolls..."

Pei Shaorong counted with his fingers and began to seduce Mo Xiaobao, seeing Mo Xiaobao snickered in his heart with a drooling look, little greedy cat!

Without looking for a table in the hall, Pei Shaorong was going to take Mo Xiaobao, who was greedy, to the second floor. It was more interesting to sit by the window upstairs and watch the liveliness of the street while eating.

I found a good seat on the second floor and sat down, and the little 2 ran up to say "What do the two guests want?"

"Two bowls of dumplings, eight treasure chicken, crystal dumplings, golden silk rolls, fish head with chopped peppers, and braised pork. , fried sea bass sticks, colorful frozen fragrant cake, vegetarian bamboo shoot tips, and another old duck soup!"

Pei Shaorong read a long list of dishes in one breath, he had done his homework before coming, these are all in this restaurant The best signature dish.

After listening, Xiao Er looked at him and reminded him, "This guest officer, a total of three taels of silver, may I ask you..." Can you finish eating? Can you give?

Xiao Er looked at Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao's clothes and felt a little worried. Although they were wearing fine cotton clothes, it was nothing in Yueyang City, and a meal of three taels of silver was not cheap.

"I know, you can serve it!"

Pei Shaorong nodded to Xiao Er. It was a rare visit to Yueyang City. Of course, you should enjoy it. Since it is a signature dish, you must taste all of it to not waste your trip. Well.

When Xiao Eryi left, Pei Shaorong came close to Mo Xiaobao, who was hesitant to speak, and said, "It's rare to come here once, we can afford three taels of silver, and we can pack it if we can't finish it later!"

Mo Xiaobao Thinking about it, my family has made a lot of money in the past few days, and I can still have a luxury for three taels of silver. Just like Big Brother Pei said, you can pack up if you can't finish eating. Just hearing the name of the dish is enough to make people drool...

In After sitting on the second floor for a while, before the dishes were served, Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao were happy to see the lion dance on the street outside, and a small figure ran to their table.

Pei Shaorong and Mo Xiaobao felt that their clothes were being pulled, and when they turned around, they saw a white and plump little fat man standing behind them.

"Are you guys from my grandfather's house?" the snow-white chubby chubby asked in a low voice.

"Your grandfather?"

"My grandfather's name is Qin Laoshuan! He lives in Linjiang Village..."

"It's the village head!"

Mo Xiaobao blinked and said to Pei Shaorong.