Chapter 22

Father Mo is quite famous in Linjiang Village. He is nicknamed 'Iron Rooster', and is one of the most powerful people in the village alongside the old lady of the Qin family. The village dares to compare prices with Father Mo, and is more stingy than the stingy people. Not much.

In fact, it's not entirely true that Father Mo said he was an iron rooster. For example, he was completely generous to his eldest daughter and eldest son-in-law.

Thinking that in order to finance his eldest son-in-law's exam for the champion, he would be completely bankrupt, but when he came to his little brother Mo Xiaobao, he was as stingy as he was determined.

Whether it's working at home, or saying kisses to Mo Xiaobao, Father Mo has the feeling that he won't give up until he drains the last bit of value from this little brother.

In the final analysis, Father Mo is actually still brooding about the fact that Mo Xiaobao is not a son. This obviously made a male appearance, how could he become a little brother in the last little bit!

When Mo Xiaobao was born, Father Mo felt so aggrieved. This little brother was no different from a man except that he could give birth to a baby, but he was not a man, so he couldn't die.

In these days, it is a big thing to have no males. Little brothers and girls can't be sent to the end. In the future, they will have to be inferior in the underworld, because there are no males to support in the world!

Father Mo is a down-to-earth ancient man, and he still has machismo in his bones, so he is extremely stubborn about this man's affairs.

In fact, he wasn't really that ruthless in his heart to push his little brother into the fire pit. He also hesitated, but compared with his eldest son-in-law Kao Zhuangyuan and the Sun family's adoption of incense to the Mo family, the balance in his heart was naturally skewed. .

It's not impossible to marry Mo Xiaobao to Pei Shaorong. Anyway, the dowry is the same, and he won't lose money to marry anyone, but Father Mo has never been a disadvantaged person, and he must strive for the best interests for himself in everything.

Now that some people come to propose marriage, Father Mo's first reaction is not to be happy that his little brother finally likes to take the initiative to propose marriage, but to think about how to get the most dowry money and send it to his eldest son-in-law to take the championship!

Father Mo is a well-known and stingy iron rooster in the village, and Aunt Qin is not a vegetarian. You must know that her family is dedicated to a powerful person, Mrs. Qin, who can stand side by side with Father Mo.

I think that Aunt Qin was also a character in their village before she got married. She was notorious for being stubborn and sharp. After marrying the Qin family, she was like a bodhisattva of Sancai all day. deep.

To say that there are those people in Linjiang Village who are not afraid of Father Mo, Aunt Qin is one of them. She has never lost a fight!

Now that Pei Shaorong had promised that he would tell him that Mo Xiaobao would go home as his wife, Aunt Qin would not go back on her promise, so she mustered up her strength and started to pinch Father Mo.

Within a quarter of an hour after sitting down in Mo's house, Aunt Qin and Father Mo began to fight over the issue of dowry and dowry. The house was filled with a strong smell of gunpowder.

Pei Shaorong and Aunt Mo stood on the side and couldn't get in the middle of a sentence. Pei Shaorong was worried that Father Mo was his future husband-in-law, and believed that Aunt Qin's ability did not speak.

And Aunt Mo has no courage at all to interject. In the Mo family, she was bullied even more than Mo Xiaobao. Anyway, Mo Xiaobao was brave enough to talk back to Father Mo, and Aunt Mo's character was relatively weak. In front of my father, he has been a no-brainer for many years.

Aunt Qin and Father Mo had been pinching for a long time. In the end, the two were evenly matched, and neither of them stepped back. However, Father Mo's face was not very good-looking. It was obvious that Aunt Qin had poked him in several places with sharp teeth. .

"I said from the Mo family, why are you so arrogant? Ah Bao is still not your own. You marry him to Shanghe Village to be an honor for the old man to be a little boy? Isn't it just two and a half dollars of silver, we Pei Big brother also gives it, there is no less than half of you..."

"Look at the difference between our eldest brother, it's just that we don't have any fields, we can buy it if we make money, and the eldest brother can still hunt. You can see that he is strong, and he will definitely not be hungry. Bao, he is still in this busy farming season. Why do you hesitate to help your husband-in-law?"

Aunt Qin spoke so fast that she didn't take a break and drink water. Not only did Father Mo get hurt by her, but Pei Shaorong also heard it. stunned.

He secretly thought that the matter of this quarrel depends on the woman. Looking back, the marriage has really happened, and I really have to thank Aunt Qin. Maybe when I need Aunt Qin's help in the future, such a person must make good friends!

The discussion in the room was lively, and Mo Xiaobao, who was hiding outside and peeking, was very anxious. What happened to his father? Someone asked him to show off. What if Big Brother Pei didn't marry him? ?

His own father knows best, because he hides far away and can't hear what is being said in the room, but looking at his father's expression and the standing situation in the room, Mo Xiaobao can also guess.

After so long, it must be his father who wanted to collect more money from Big Brother Pei's betrothal money, and his father would not give him a dowry for the money he received, but he must have sent it to his sister and brother-in-law again.

It won't be long before my brother-in-law will go to Beijing to take the exam. His father pointed out that his brother-in-law passed the exam and the Mo family also followed Guangzong Yaozu. The family's family background was basically sent to the brother-in-law's house, and now he pointed to his own dowry.

The more Mo Xiaobao thought about it, the more sad he became. Now that he finally has someone to ask for it, this is the person he likes. If his father can't poke him, he will have to be a small widow for others!

Mo Xiaobao jumped anxiously outside the door, and the battle between Aunt Qin and Father Mo in the house also came to an end from the white-hot stage.

Compared to Father Mo, the stingy iron rooster, Aunt Qin, the fighting chicken who fought wits and bravery with Mrs. Qin all day, was obviously more prosperous.

Father Mo's face was flushed at the moment, staring at Aunt Qin with a beard and staring eyes, but he didn't drive anyone out, took a puff of dry smoke to calm down, and then looked at Pei Shaorong.

"Okay, Aunt Qin, don't tell me, I'll ask this big brother a few questions..."

Compared with the old-fashioned Aunt Qin, Father Mo obviously felt that Pei Shaorong, who looked honest and honest, could speak better.

"Uncle, please say..." Receiving Aunt Qin's worried look in his eyes, Pei Shaorong understood it, and he still looked honest and honest towards Father Mo.

Father Mo was obviously satisfied with Pei Shaorong's attitude, nodded and said, "How old are you this year? What is your name?"

To be honest, it has been a few months since Pei Shaorong moved to Linjiang Village, but the whole village is still Few know his full name.

The main reason is that the name Pei Shaorong is too high-end compared to the big dog eggs in the village, and many people can't remember it.

"My name is Pei Shaorong, I am twenty-five this year..."

Pei Shaorong answered honestly, although his soul is almost thirty, but his body is young, he doesn't feel like he is pretending to be tender, even if it's a big deal, he is in his heart. Be a little older.

"It's a strange name, your family is a student?" Father Mo nodded and continued to ask, "Aunt Qin said you want to buy farmland, when are you going to buy it? What are you going to do when you can't hunt in winter? My family But I don't have food to help you..."

"I haven't been to a private school, and I just recognized a few words with the master in the temple... I'll buy the land when I save enough money, don't worry, uncle, I have the strength to work, and I won't. Embarrass your uncle..." Pei Shaorong continued to be honest.

"En..." Father Mo nodded, satisfied. Even if the man really wanted to borrow money from him, he would not agree. The next thing he wanted to talk about was the key point.

"Big brother, uncle sees that you are also a good descendant. It's not impossible for uncle to marry your little brother to you..."

"But it's not easy for uncle to raise such a little brother. Xiaobao looks down on his uncle too much when he takes it away, so, you give your uncle Sanguan the dowry, and the date of your marriage, you have to wait until after the New Year..."

Sanguan's father Jin Mo is actually very dissatisfied, but seeing Pei Shao Rong didn't even have a field, so no amount of money would be able to come out.

After thinking about it carefully, Father Mo also felt that Aunt Qin was right. It was better to marry Mo Xiaobao to Pei Shaorong than to go to Shanghe Village to be a child.

Anyway, the price of the betrothal gift is almost the same. If you marry Pei, you can ask Mo Xiaobao to go home to help with the work in a village. The surname Pei is also strong and can help you work together at that time. For some dowry and dowry!

"..."

Hearing Father Mo's words, Pei Shaorong still had that honest expression, but he was a little unhappy in his heart, not because he was reluctant to give more money to Banguan.

But Father Mo said that the date of marriage would wait until after the Chinese New Year, which is obviously to squeeze Mo Xiaobao's value by letting Mo Xiaobao do the New Year's work at that time.

Pei Shaorong frowned, staring at Father Mo and fell silent.

Just when Father Mo was staring at him a little nervously, Pei Shaorong smiled, leaned into Aunt Qin's ear and asked, "Auntie, I want to ask you something, do you know how much is the dowry fee for sister Xiaobao's marriage? ?"

When Aunt Qin heard this, her eyes lit up instantly, and she slapped her thigh, "Hey, big brother, I know, it's two taels of money, and the Sun family is not only a scholar, but the family is poor..."

When the Sun family married Mo's eldest daughter, they really only gave two yuan of money, not because the Sun family was poorer than Pei Shaorong now showed, but because the two elders of the Sun family were not very willing to marry the Mo family. Only gave two coins.

At that time, Father Mo didn't care about his son's status as a scholar of the Sun family and the promise of adopting the incense, and the two coins were eventually returned as a dowry. Many people in the village knew that.

Aunt Qin immediately found a reason to poke Papa Mo's pain, "I said that Mo's family, you are shameless, your daughter is married to a talent of two dollars, this little brother will cost you three dollars to marry, and a little brother can pay more than a girl. Jin Gui?..."

"From the Mo family, don't look at the reputation of Ah Bao now, where can you find such a good family as the eldest brother, and the man from Shanghe Village you found can still help you like the eldest brother. Some work ?"

"Forget it, eldest brother, we're not going to end this relationship, and I'll show you another one tomorrow. Since you don't like our eldest brother from the Mo family, then you can keep Shanghe Village. I'm going to be your brother-in-law..."

"It's really a joke, a brother-in-law older than yourself, you are also the head of our village, Father Mo!"

Aunt Qin laughed at Father Mo and winked at Pei Shaorong, Pei Shaorong understood, he bent towards Father Mo, and sighed,

"Since my uncle doesn't look down on me, I won't embarrass my uncle. Let's just let this marriage go..."

Originally, Aunt Qin wanted to leave Father Mo. Don't be in a hurry, when Pei Shaorong said he would not marry, Father Mo was dumbfounded and hurriedly stopped him.

"Hey, wait, wait, sit down, why don't you leave halfway through the marriage..."

"..."

Aunt Qin, who was held by Father Mo, gave Pei Shaorong a smug smile, and then With a stern face, Pei Shaorong sat back in the room again.

"What do you want to talk about from the Mo family? Come on, I still have something to do at home, but I don't have time to chat with you. I heard that Xiaohong from the Liu family at the end of the village is also of marriageable age..."

Aunt Qin has already stopped talking. You are polite, staring at Father Mo who has changed his face, he secretly smiles in his heart. If he dares to pose with the old lady, the old lady can't kill you in such a hurry!