Chapter 21

After getting things ready, Pei Shaorong ran to Qin's house early the next morning and hurriedly pulled Aunt Qin to go to Mo's house to propose marriage.

Aunt Qin came from here. Seeing Pei Shaorong's impatient green-headed appearance, she smiled jokingly, and ran to Mo's house with him.

Although Linjiang Village is not big, Pei Shaorong's house is still some distance away from Mo's house, one in the east of the village and one in the west, and it still takes more than ten minutes to walk.

Mo family.

The work in the field is almost done staring at Mo Xiaobao. Father Mo has nothing to do today. After breakfast, he sits at home smoking a dry cigarette to rest.

He didn't have too many hobbies in his life, he just liked dry tobacco, and besides that, he wanted a man to inherit the incense of the Mo family.

Sitting on the decades-old rattan chair at home, Father Mo stared at Mo Xiaobao not far away while smoking a dry cigarette.

His little brother got up early this morning. Although he gets up so early on weekdays, Father Mo always felt that something was wrong with his little brother today.

Since he found a marriage for him again, his little brother has never smiled again. He frowns and sighs all day long, and his work is not as neat as before, as if he has lost his soul.

But today Mo Xiaobao seems to be a different person. In the past, he locked himself in the house after finishing his work and didn't know what to do. It was mysterious.

After finishing his work this morning, he turned out the clothes that he liked the most and only wears it on New Year's and festivals.

It's okay to sit in the yard wearing new clothes. From getting up in the morning to now, the smile on his face has not disappeared, and his eyes have been staring at the door, as if waiting for someone

... , couldn't help but said, "Xiaobao, I said why are you sitting here in new clothes in the morning?"

"No, nothing, the weather is good, let's get some sunshine!" Mo Xiaobao glanced at Father Mo stammeringly.

"Bathing the sun!" Father Mo got up and walked in front of Mo Xiaobao, looked him up and down a few times, and when he smelled a fragrance, his face was a little wrong.

"You've put on perfume? Still wearing new clothes? Still blushing..." Father Mo slapped Mo Xiaobao on the head and shouted, "Tell me, tell me honestly, what have you done? Did you do something else? A moth?"

"Look at you, you even put on incense and said, did you hook up with that guy? Dad finally found you a relationship, what do you want to do? You are so bold. , I dare to do anything about hooking up with men, and I deliberately make my father a joke in the village, right!" No

matter how old Mo has lived for such a long time, he has never seen anything, but Mo Xiaobao has changed a lot today. For the first time in the world, wearing new clothes, applying balm, and blushing with shyness, it is obvious that I have a sweetheart.

He doesn't know about his own little brother, Mo Xiaobao dares to do anything, let's take the matter of escaping from the marriage last time, he is the first one who dares to do this in Shili Baxiang!

Seeing Mo Xiaobao's appearance today, Father Mo's heart sank all of a sudden. He couldn't figure out that his little brother could really do something to hook up with men in private. When the time came to cook cooked rice with real raw rice, he followed Hecun. The family affair that was promised is over.

According to Mo Xiaobao's conditions, what kind of man can he find himself, maybe he is a bastard in the village or the kind that is so poor at home, then he will have to be a father for the rest of his life. !

The more Father Mo thought about it, the more he felt that it was the same thing. He picked up his dry tobacco stick and was going to knock it on Mo Xiaobao. Mo Xiaobao was startled and quickly got up and avoided it.

"Dad, no, no, don't hit people, if I really hook up with a guy, I can sit here so that you can't find out, you think I'm stupid!"

Mo Xiaobao roared while hiding, anxiously worried that Father Mo would not be able to hit the dry smoke gun and kicked his feet. How would he see Brother Pei if his beautiful clothes got dirty.

Hearing his words, Father Mo stopped, thinking about it too. Last time Mo Xiaobao escaped from marriage, he couldn't let him find out immediately. If he really hooked up with a man, he wouldn't be so stupid to let him see it, but it's not a new year or a festival. What's he doing in new clothes and clean?

"Come and stand for me, then tell me, what are you wearing new clothes for today? You're still wearing fragrance, are you ashamed..." Father Mo stared at Mo Xiaobao angrily.

"What are you going to dress up for? No matter how you dress up, you're still like that. How could any good man in this village really like you? Well, if you have the time, hurry up to work for your father and fill up the water tank at home. Just

as Father Mo finished speaking, before Mo Xiaobao could refute, he heard a knock on his door.

"I won't tell you, go back to the house and change your clothes to work!"

Looking at Mo Xiaobao who was furious, Father Mo stretched out his clothes and continued smoking a dry cigarette to open the door.

The person who knocked on the door was here to propose a kiss to Pei Shaorong and Aunt Qin. Father Mo glanced at Aunt Qin and looked at Pei Shaorong who was standing behind.

"Aunt Qin, why did you come to my house this early in the morning?"

Aunt Qin smiled and said, "Of course I only come to your house when there is something good, but all the magpies came to your house to call, haha, Mr. Mo Dad, call your mother-in-law too, let's go in and talk slowly..."

"A happy event, what a happy event? Could it be that you brought money to my

family?" Father Mo frowned. Xiaobao's marriage is covered by dark clouds all day long. How can there be any magpie to announce the good news.

But looking at Aunt Qin's smiling face, she still opened the door and led Aunt Qin and Pei Shaorong into the yard. By the way, she yelled at the kitchen and called her mother-in-law out.

When Mo Xiaobao saw Pei Shaorong and Aunt Qin come in, he wanted to come together, but he was stared at by Father Mo, so he could only leave obediently, blushing and hiding to the side, he was so excited, Big Brother Pei really Come to his house to propose marriage!

When everyone entered the room, Father Mo took the seat, Aunt Mo brought white water and greeted Aunt Qin Pei Shaorong to sit down, "Hey, Aunt Qin hasn't come to sit at our house for a long time, come, drink water..."

"Aunt Mo You're welcome, I'm coming to your house today for a business purpose!" As the saying goes, don't slap a smiling face, Aunt Qin's smile has not loosened since she walked in the door.

"Business? If you have something to say, just say it directly, don't be dawdled, what is going on in my house? The girls who are serious for a while and happy for a while are just long-winded..."

Father Mo's attitude was not very good, and he spoke with pretentiousness. He is that kind of person, with a deep machismo.

In Mo's house, he said that no one dared to say anything about big or small things. Mo Xiaobao even talked back to him, but in the end he didn't dare to resist his decision.

Aunt Qin smiled and didn't care about Father Mo's attitude. This person was like this, and everyone in the village knew that he dragged Pei Shaorong to the front of Father Mo and started to get to the point.

"Father Mo, do you know him? This is Big Brother Pei, the one who just moved to our village..."

Father Mo looked up and down at Pei Shaorong, and then stared at the basket he put next to him. , coughed and said, "Cough, I know, what's the matter? What's the matter with Aunt Qin bringing him to our house?"

"Oh, of course there is something. It's a serious matter, a happy event!" Aunt Qin clapped her thigh and smiled. "No, eldest brother has taken a fancy to your Po, ask me to match..."

"..." Father Mo paused while smoking a dry cigarette, his eyelids twitched, and his eyes immediately turned to Pei Shaorong, and Aunt Mo next to him also looked at Pei Shaorong.

Facing the two people's scrutiny, Pei Shaorong stood there honestly, smiling honestly and honestly on the face, secretly also scrutinizing the Mo family couple, thinking that A Bao looks more like his mother.

After a long time, Father Mo retracted his gaze and said slowly, "Aunt Qin, I have agreed with the people at Shang Hecun about the marriage of my family's A Bao, and we will be hired tomorrow. Are you too late? Son..."

"It's not too late, it's not too late, you haven't decided yet..." Aunt Qin said, "I said from the Mo family, look at how talented Brother Pei is, he looks good, has a strong physique, and has a strong physique. He knows how to hunt, and your Bao will eat meat every day when you marry him..."

Before Aunt Qin finished speaking, Father Mo stared at Pei Shaorong with disgust, "Okay, what's the use of what you said, hunting can kill you. For a lifetime? He is alone from out of town, and he doesn't even have any fields in the village. What do you want my little treasure to eat and drink when you marry him?"

"And the dowry, I've already agreed with the people in Hecun, three taels of silver. The bride price, as well as the standard bride price and wedding cake items, these all cost a dozen taels of silver..."

"This big brother, don't blame your uncle for speaking badly, you can't even get the 10 taels of silver. Marrying a daughter-in-law?"

Father Mo stared at Pei Shaorong and pondered, this man looks good in appearance and health, but he is so poor that his family doesn't even have any fields.

I heard that the house was bought from the village for only one or two or three dollars of silver. After recruiting such a brother-in-law to come back, don't say filial piety to yourself, I am afraid that you will have to help yourself.

"..."

Hearing Father Mo's words, Pei Shaorong didn't speak in a hurry. As Aunt Qin said, Father Mo was going to beat him up. I heard in the village that the bride price was only two and a half dollars. , and now it has become three taels of silver.

There are also standard betrothal gifts, which are more than a dozen taels of silver. Before coming here, Aunt Qin helped him find out. Father Mo told the family in Shanghe Village that there were no betrothal gifts except two and a half dollars!

Looking at each other, Pei Shaorong didn't answer, and Aunt Qin said tacitly, "The Mo family, why are you being such an inauthentic person? The salary you told Shanghe Village was obviously two and a half, and the whole village knew that you are now Are you going to raise the price?"

"The betrothal fee, Brother Pei, is also according to what you told Shanghe Village, two and a half, and the betrothal gift. We will also give it according to the standards of the little brothers in the village, and it will never be less than half a cent for you. You see, We have brought all this stuff, and we have prepared two more pounds of pork..."

Aunt Qin was talking, and Pei Shaorong also cooperated and moved his backpack to Father Mo. The standard betrothal gift for marrying a little brother in the countryside is more.

Father Mo, who stretched out his head, weighed it and felt a little moved in his heart, but he didn't rush to nod his head. It would be too inconsistent with Father Mo's iron cock style to agree so easily... On the

other side, he stared at Father Mo's With a look, Aunt Qin's eyelids jumped, she gave Pei Shaorong a wink, took a deep breath and straightened her posture, ready to enter the bargaining battle with Father Mo at any time!