Chapter 4

The first time I set up a street stall in ancient times was very smooth. There were 30 sheets in total, all of which were 1.8m and 8-size beds. They sold for a total of more than 22 taels of silver, plus 50 apples for three taels. The total was 32 taels of silver.

Three taels sounds like a small amount, but in fact there are a lot, and this is only the first day. You must know that ordinary people here usually earn only a dozen taels a year.

For the next two days, Pei Shaorong disguised himself and continued to sell things in the town while inquiring about the household registration status.

The things Pei Shaorong also came in a different pattern, and he didn't dare to sell one kind of thing all the time. After going around for a few days, he made about fifty taels of silver.

Most of these are earned from tobacco and alcohol. Tobacco and alcohol, whether modern or ancient, are relatively expensive consumables.

You must know that modern wines have been purified by several industries, and the purity is not comparable to that of ancient rice wines with simple craftsmanship.

As for cigarettes, although the ancients liked to smoke dry cigarettes, it is also good to have some fresh ones occasionally. Before the end of the world, Pei Shaorong was a rich man. These are all good things.

Therefore, Pei Shaorong, who has earned other people's income for several years in a few days, is not guilty at all, but every time he sells wine, he can't help but beat his chest and feet.

After coming to ancient times for several days, he also discovered that glass or something is a legendary luxury, and selling a canned glass bottle costs at least a hundred taels...

After earning more than fifty taels, Pei Shaorong stopped it. , Prepare to solve the household registration problem first, otherwise once it is found that the origin is unknown, he will have to go away.

Pei Shaorong has found a solution to the problem of household registration. He decided to settle in a village called Linjiang Village around Yueyang Town.

This is thanks to Aunt Qin, the one who set up a stall the day before to buy cloth from him. She is from Linjiang Village, and her husband's family name is Qin, so she is called Aunt Qin.

Originally, Pei Shaorong wanted to go directly to the town's government office to settle down. Later, he found out that the household registration here is a bit similar to the modern urban and rural household registration.

The town belongs to the urban household registration, there are restrictions, not everyone can have it, let alone a person of unknown origin like him, let alone get a rural household registration.

But even if it is a rural household registration, it is not something that can be obtained casually. An outsider like him must be introduced by an acquaintance, otherwise the village chief will not accept anyone into the village casually.

Pei Shaorong is unfamiliar, so where can I find an acquaintance to introduce me? After two days in town, I met Aunt Qin.

Aunt Qin bought his sheets before, but after returning home, she regretted that she bought less, and the villagers were very envious when they saw her sheets.

Looking at Pei Shaorong's dress at the time, he must have been a passing stranger. Thinking that he left after going to the market, Aunt Qin felt no regrets. Such good and cost-effective fabrics are not always available.

But I didn't expect to see Pei Shaorong again when he came to town, and Aunt Qin hurriedly grabbed him and wanted to buy cloth.

This purchase, sale, and chat became familiar. When Pei Shaorong 'accidentally' revealed that he wanted to settle down near Yueyang Town, he needed an acquaintance to introduce him to settle down. down.

"Oh, big brother, you can go to our Linjiang Village, our Linjiang Village is a good place, my aunt will serve as an introducer for you, and my husband and the village chief are still relatives. If your aunt is here, you can rest assured to settle down in our village. ..."

Aunt Qin was afraid that he would not be willing to go to Linjiang Village, so he worked hard to make sure that he was happy, and immediately made an appointment with Aunt Qin to settle down in Linjiang Village.

Before going to the village, Pei Shaorong went to the town to buy some unique cakes here, and took out a few catties of pork from the space to give to the village chief.

Anyway, this world is not the end of the world. You can buy meat after eating. You don't need to spend money. Twenty cents a pound of pork is considered a bed sheet for him, which is not worthwhile.

Of course, Pei Shaorong's heart is more to use up the modern feed pork in the space, and then enjoy the ancient pure and natural products...

Today is the agreed time to clean up the tents where he is resting, and Pei Shaorong carries snacks. The pork went to the mouth of Yueyang Town.

"Aunt Qin..." Pei Shaorong walked over and showed a simple and honest smile, and handed over the pastry pork in his hand. "This time it's really troublesome..."

"Oh, why are big brothers being polite to my aunt..."

Qin While talking politely, the aunt took the dim sum pork from Pei Shaorong's hands unceremoniously. People in the countryside couldn't eat anything meaty for ten days and a half months, not to mention children, adults are greedy.

Holding the thank-you gift with a smile, Aunt Qin quickly pulled down the sturdy middle-aged man beside her and introduced it to her.

"Brother, this is my boss. You can call Uncle Qin. You will go back to the village with us in a while, and my boss will take you to the village chief's house..."

Although Aunt Qin said that she would be an introducer to Pei Shaorong, it was as if he had settled down in the village. This kind of big thing has to be done by the men in the family.

Pei Shaorong nodded, carrying something, carrying a large backpack and following Aunt Qin and his wife to Linjiang Village.

In ancient times, he is now a blind man who doesn't understand anything, so it's natural to have someone help.

Linjiang Village is not very far from Yueyang Town. Of course, this is what Aunt Qin said. Pei Shaorong followed him for more than two hours before reaching the entrance of Linjiang Village.

At the entrance of the village, Aunt Qin went home with her things, and Pei Shaorong went to the village chief's house with Uncle Qin.

There were a lot of onlookers on the road, and outsiders were not often in the village on weekdays, so everyone was naturally very curious about him, and several people followed them to the village chief's house to watch the fun.

After walking with Uncle Qin for a while, Pei Shaorong saw a small farmyard. Unlike most houses with straw roofs, the village chief's house was pasted with blue tiles.

"Three uncles..."

Uncle Qin started to say hello as soon as he entered the door. He was not called the village chief, but uncle. Obviously, as Aunt Qin said, her family and the village chief were related to each other.

"It's a big pillar..." The village chief was sitting in the yard smoking a dry cigarette.

"What's the matter with your uncle? Did your mother become a Bodhisattva again? The third uncle told you that your mother is helpless, don't worry about her, and give the money to your mother-in-law..."

"..." Qin The uncle smiled and did not refute, and then pulled Pei Shaorong behind him to the front of the village chief.

"Third uncle, this is Brother Pei. He came from out of town. His family died early. He was fostered in the temple since he was a child. Please help him get registered in our village..."

This is Pei Shaorong and Aunt Qin . The husband and wife had a good confession, saying that it was easier for someone from the temple to explain his short hair.

The reason why he said that he was foster care did not directly say that he was a monk. Pei Shaorong was also afraid that one day the village would ask him what to do.

Otherwise, his short hair would have been enough for him to be burned at the stake ten times.

Seeing the village chief's gaze, Pei Shaorong immediately put the things in his hand, "Hello, village chief, my name is Pei Shaorong..."

"Where's your letter?" The village chief put down his tobacco stick and stood up.

Where does he have this, Pei Shaorong shook his head honestly, "When I was traveling down the mountain, I met a mountain bandit, and I lost everything..."

"Yeah, Brother Pei was unlucky. He met the bastard in the mountain stream and lost it. " A lot of things, third uncle, didn't you say that there are few people in our village? You can leave Brother Pei in our village, or if you don't agree, it's useless for my mother-in-law to scold me again..."

Before she came, Aunt Qin was for Pei's sake Shao Rong's printed bedsheets were stern with him. If he didn't get things done, he would go home and sleep in the woodshed.

Uncle Qin is famous in the village for being afraid of his wife and afraid of his wife. He is straight and doesn't beat around the bush, so he said anxiously when he opened his mouth.

"Okay, okay, look at your worthless appearance, come in with me..." The

village took a sip of dry cigarettes, looked at Uncle Qin in disgust, and then motioned for the two of them to follow into the room.

The issue of household registration was a problem for Pei Shaorong, but it was not a problem for the village chief. Anyway, he reported how many people in the village and how to settle down.

With the relationship of Uncle Qin, the household registration problem surrounding Pei Shaorong was easily resolved. Holding the letter representing his identity, Pei Shaorong finally breathed a sigh of relief, and he finally didn't have to worry about being beaten that day... ...

Put the pork snack on the table of the village chief's house. Before Pei Shaorong left in a hurry, he took out a string of copper coins from his arms and stuffed it into the village chief's hand.

"Village Chief, are there any ready-made vacant houses in the village? I want to buy..." Once you have the status, you have to settle for accommodation, so you can't sleep in tents and squat in the wild all the time.

"There are vacant houses, just the Tian family's house. His family has moved to the town. The house deed has not been sold here. It has been vacant for many years. , you have to pay for your own money..."

One tael of silver = 1,500 yuan = one and a half dollars, and three taels of silver is two taels of silver, which is very cheap to buy a house.

"Brother Pei, I know that house. It's very solid, but it's been unoccupied for a long time, the roof is leaking, and it's almost three dollars..." Uncle Qin helped.

"Okay, that's it!"

Pei Shaorong nodded. Uncle Qin was an honest man. He said that it should be about the same. You can buy a house with three dollars. It's a good deal. Have to wait a long time to live.

After passing the house deed with the village chief and giving the money, Pei Shaorong left with Uncle Qin and returned to his home.

Uncle Qin said that until the roof of the house is repaired, he can temporarily live in his house, and he doesn't need to sleep in the wild. Pei Shaorong is naturally very willing.

With the identity letter and the house deed, Pei Shaorong let out a sigh of relief again. He was finally able to settle down in the ancient times, and he was very happy...