Here We Go Again

The force of the wind slams against me, twisting me in every direction, the world around me black once more and sound deaf to my ears. As scared as I should be, I can't help the rush of excitement, of hope that I will be returning to my time soon. The air current gives way as I slam into the ground on my right side, the air being kicked out of me as I wheeze in as much air as possible. Slowly my eyes open to look up to the canopy of trees over me, the light stinging my eyes. 'Oh no,' I think as feeling and sound start to return to me. ' This isn't my Hyrule, is it? It feels different.'

I hear leaves and sticks snapping as something large rushes in my direction; in a flash I am on my feet, gripping my right arm as pain shoots up it. On the defensive I hide behind a tree, crouching low as I peer down the dirt path, a green figure soon makes itself known to me. Then it hits me, this is another Link. Not only do I have no idea what time I am in, who I will be facing, or what is going on here; but I also have to keep this kid from dying as I have no idea how my presence here will affect the outcome of his mission to save Hyrule. I step out from behind the tree and wave a hand at the approaching link as I keep myself calm, "Hey...your name, is it Link?" I move a hand behind me and cross my fingers, hoping that he says no and that this is all a dream from hitting my head on the ground. That I'll wake up with either Skyloft Link and Zelda fretting over me, or my Link and Zelda, scolding me for passing out during the battle against a Guardian.

The boy comes to a stop in front of me, tilting his head, "I am. Who are you? And What's with your accent and ears?"

Blushing I cover my ears and clear my throat, "I'm not from here...but I have a mission to aid you in saving the Princess."

He raises an eyebrow at me, "Save Zelda? She's fine. I'm on my way to meet up with her now...are you going to do something to her?"

Frantically I wave my arms around, "Ah no! It's a uh...a prediction! I am the reincarnation of the Goddess Romazumara. Zelda is in danger...I don't know when or how or what; but something will happen to her."

"Riiight," the Link draws out, looking me up and down as if to gauge my level of threat...or sanity. "Well stay here, I'll go warn her and the kingdom...just," he sidesteps me and starts to walk backwards down the path. "Stay right there." He turns and runs down the path.

'He's either not coming back...or he's coming back with guards.' Groaning, I head deeper into the trees to hide. 'I'll find him once it happens. Until then...I guess figure out a way to convince this version of Link to allow me to travel with him. I already screwed up this timeline and the prospect of working with him. Shit.'

I stay close to the trail as to hear movement, yet far enough to not be seen and nestled in the canopy of the tree I am hiding in; after a few hours, I hear it. Rapid footfalls approach looking out to the trail I see the boy from before, his hat...speaking to him? 'What the hell?' I climb out of the tree and start to run to catch up to him; calling out only to have him turn around quickly, sword is drawn.

"Where did Vaati take her?" He growls out, clenching his sword, body trembling with rage.

"Vaati?" 'That must be the great evil here.' "Look, I don't know. All I know is I am supposed to help you save her and seal this Vaati being away. I did warn you, didn't I?"

This Link narrows his eyes at me, "Warn me? You call your crazed ramblings a warning? I would have been better off following a worm's instructions."

Scoffing I cross my arms, "Crazed? It would only be crazy if it didn't come true."

"I don't need your help."

"Yes, you do."

"No."

"Yes."