Oh, I Don't Like that. Not One Bit

Wild, Time, Four, and Warrior arrive back in Hateno and rush to the lab to check on Wind, Twilight, Symin, and Purha. As they approach, they see a large crystal just outside of the lab, shattered remnants of a bed around it, Twilight's body laid within; the blanket is half pulled up, his wound on clear display. A pillow still cushioned his head, his eyes closed as if sleeping peacefully; the crystal has cracks covering the surface, their eyes widening as they see another slowly forming.

Warrior rushes inside as Time inspects the magical crystal, noticing how the magic crystal is losing its power, resulting in the cracks and grooves that have formed. A mere few days remain of the magic, after that he is sure the crystal will shatter. Warrior and Wind meet him near the crystal, Wind's arms wrapping around Time.

"What took you guys so long?" He huffs, body shaking, "the crystal is too heavy for me to move...and it's breaking. (Y/n) still has not returned and she hasn't sent a letter and the others haven't arrived yet. I don't know what to do."

Time pats his back comfortingly, "we are here now, do not worry. Let us bring Twilight indoors and discuss what to do next. Warrior, Wild, and I will help you." They work together to lift the heavy crystal and move it indoors, placing it in the space where the bed once stood; after that Time speaks with Purha about what had happened to her, Symon, and Twilight; getting the full story of events.

"...I see..." Time sighs, "so she did have a bit of...an emotional reaction."

"A bit?" Purha scoffs, "she used her magic on us and ran. I only wanted to run a few tests before discussing what she wanted to do."

Time pinches the bridge of her nose, "she can be...a handful yes. Quick to act when she sees no other option."

Wild crouches down to look Purha in the eyes, "please write to Impa and request her to call off the search team. She will be back and we can talk to her then; sending trackers will just frighten her further and cause her to act out. Like a cornered animal," he pleads.

Purah glared at him for a few moments before huffing in irritation; "Linky, you know I like you. So this is unfair...but fine. I will send a message to her right now. But I will have my word with (y/n), and I will get my revenge."

"That's fair," Warrior chimes in, "she can take whatever punishment. The Impa from my time used to have her run laps until she puked when she got into trouble for something dumb."

Over the next few days, the crystal deteriorates more and more, and the other members of the Chain arrive back and are taken aback by the severity of Twilight's wound; and how this Crystal seems to have stopped time for him. As the minutes stretch into hours, the crystal becomes more cracked than whole; unable to see clearly what lies within it, the Chain waits. Hyrule has potions at the ready, Purha has a tub of fresh water and cloth to clean the wound; Wind has liquidized food in a bowl, and Four holds some clean water for the man. As the Crystal shatters, the stench of death fills the air, and Twilight's body begins to respond to the flow of time; short, shallow jagged breaths rack his body. Sweat is drenched into his clothing, his hair is oily and caked with dirt and sweat; sticking to his forehead in a heavy veil. His skin is pale and paper thin, and the skin around the wound seems more rotten now that the crystal no longer surrounds him.

In a flash the group gets to work, hoping to save his life. "It's worse than I thought," Four hissed as he aided Purha in cleaning the wound, pushing maggots into a bowl so that they could better clean the skin.

Time's jaw clenches as his mind races, trying to figure out a way to save him. They have tried to find fairies to heal his friend and descendant, but each exploration came back empty-handed. It seems the fae race is slowly fading, and that is bad news for the chain. "Lady Purha, do you have any ideas on how to save him?"