Chapter 6

Chapter 6 Aberrants

    "Excuse me—what happened

    here—!" Zero held the bubble wrap with both hands and shouted to passers-by outside the cordon.

    But they looked at her strangely and didn't answer, with a happy expression of 'escaped'. After a while, all the passersby who had probed their brains disappeared, as if they didn't exist.

    zero:?

    She wanted to shout a few more words, but there was a sudden sound of rushing running behind her, and someone was shouting anxiously.

    "Zero! Come back quickly!" The

    housekeeper robot Sid staggered and ran over. The aging parts on its body kept crunching and groaning. While running, small sparks appeared, which could be described as a mess.

    Zero shock: "Why are you here!"

    "I'm worried about you." Sid grabbed her arm, "It's dangerous outside, hurry up and hide!"

    Its energy source was overloaded, urging it to run as fast as possible Speed ​​out of the house.

    Sid didn't want to wait at home for bad news. In my memory, the old master left like this and never came back.

    One person and one machine ran wildly towards the home. Along the way, all she saw were houses with closed doors and windows. Some homeless people even banged on the iron gate outside the courtyard, crying and begging the residents to open the door and let themselves go in for refuge.

    Occasionally, there are a few pedestrians like her, who also run wildly like crazy.

    In an instant, this old community fell into a panic. And the burning black smoke, the scope is getting bigger and bigger. With the movement of smashing and crying, it looks like a small-scale natural disaster is coming.

    But no matter how violent the movement was, these disasters always occurred within the scope of the bubble film, and even the flying debris could not break through the scope of the film, and were bounced back softly and firmly.

    Zero widened his eyes and felt that his cognition was in question: "Sid, what is that?"

    The robot housekeeper quickly locked the door, closed the window sash, and moved the sofa with difficulty against the door panel.

    It opened its mouth: "It's a force field."

    "When an aberrant crisis occurs somewhere, the national security system will automatically generate a protective force field in the dangerous area to prevent the danger from overflowing. Within 24 hours, no existence can get out of the force. The field, unless the danger is lifted."

    Zero was shocked by this statement for a few seconds: "...Isn't this just letting us wait to die inside?!!"

    Sid took an iron rod from the storage room and held it in his hand: " Although the force field refuses all life to go out, it will automatically issue an emergency mission to all mercenaries within 3 kilometers nearby, and they will use the fastest speed to support the disaster area and relieve the crisis."

    "Before they arrive, zero, I will protect you. Yes ."

    Sid raised the iron bar in his hand, his round bulb eyes filled with determination. Under its feet, Dongdong also barked, bared his teeth and grinned like a vicious housekeeper.

    Zero looked at their tattered appearance, and silently picked up a kitchen knife.

    During normal flow time, there is no more than one [tick] per second.