Chapter 27

Chapter 27 Black Sand City

    Zero originally thought that this time would be the same as the previous afforestation mission, not far from the destination. Unexpectedly, the military card ran all the way and drove continuously for a day and a night.

    The road was rough, and she fell asleep against the wall of the carriage without knowing it. When he heard the whistle and woke up completely, the sky was bright outside, and the field of vision was white.

    "All members of the second guard team, gather, gather!" The

    sub-commander shouted, and the mercenaries quickly got their equipment and got off the bus.

    Stepping out of the car door, Zero felt a gust of icy air pouring into his nose. The temperature here is much lower than that of Loess City, and even the exhaled gas has turned into white fog.

    Trucks parked on the edge of the city in order, some people were busy setting up temporary base camps in the empty spaces, and some people were manipulating machinery to unload the goods.

    This place should have been a gas station before, but judging from the thick dust on the fuel tank, it has been abandoned for at least ten years.

    Zero looked at the gray black sand city gate not far away. If Baisha city is a new human society living under high technology, then this is the end of the earth that is truly swallowed by environmental damage.

    A half-destroyed Ferris wheel, a billboard with peeling paint, a skyscraper with almost shattered glass, a street lamp full of withered plants.

    The streets are full of scrapped vehicles and garbage, the smell of old dust is swept up in the wind, and not a single body is naked/exposed on the ground, but it is hard to breathe.

    Taking a sigh of relief, it was really cold around, she pulled out the assigned padded jacket and put it on the outside of the combat uniform. Even wearing gloves, the fingers are not very flexible, let alone holding the cold barrel. Fortunately, the left arm is a metal shell that is not afraid of cold.

    After nodding their heads, the squad leader stood on the roof of a scrapped sedan and shouted.

    "Attention everyone! The forward team entered Heisha City last night. Our task is to clean up the aberrants that slipped through the net for them, and transport supplies and wounded."

    "You are all selected mercenaries, and you will definitely be able to assist the president to complete the mission. The city is full of dangers. Everyone should pay attention to safety. Call your companions around for help in time. Can you hear it clearly!"

    "Clear!

    " People each got their assigned tasks. Helan and the other mercenaries carried heavy force and artillery fire, and were responsible for strangling fish that slipped through the net and opening the way to the bases inside and outside the city.

    Zero and several others became part of the transport of supplies and wounded.

    Their means of transportation is a four-wheeled energy vehicle with huge wheels and almost no compartment shell. Behind the seat is a shelf full of ammunition and wound medicine, which is very convenient for moving in the ruins.

    The team leader is a middle-aged man. He looked at the team communicator: "Let's go. The map shows that there are mercenaries nearby asking for help. We must get there as soon as possible     .

    "

Go in the direction of the coordinate red point.

    The road was quiet, only the whirring of the wind.