Chapter 39

Chapter 39 White Tower City

    Although he didn't like Mo Sang Wu very much, An Ling had to admit that moving to the Mercenary Guild was indeed the best choice for Zero.

    A behemoth like the Church of the God of Mechanics must be counterbalanced by another behemoth.

    They finalized the departure date that night. As Zero's second long-distance trip, she did not choose to take the floating boat. From Baisha City to the destination Baita City, their family took the ultra-fast land passage, which only took 9 hours. time.

    The light rail station was crowded with people, and An Ling turned into an ordinary man's face, pushing a suitcase and walking with Sid and Ling. They brought big bags and small bags, and even Dongdong was carrying his own dog basin.

    Taking advantage of the time when Anling went to change the ticket, Zero sat on the suitcase and waited for him.

    At this moment, an unfamiliar working robot came over, with two eyes shining on its round head, it reached out a hand kindly.

    "Ma'am, do you need help?"

    Zero was stunned, then shook his head: "No, thank you." It walked away slightly disappointed.

    But after a while, another robot came over. They might be sanitation workers cleaning up garbage, garden workers trimming greenery, or cleaning workers cleaning up, all of them walking towards her as if they were attracted in the middle of their work.

    "Ma'am, do you need help?"

    "Ma'am, you need..."

    "Ma'am, Madam, Madam, Madam."

    When An Ling came back, Zero was surrounded by strange robots. Passing passengers stopped to watch and expressed their shock. They almost thought it was an incident of robots eating humans.

    Zero: Thank you all, but I really will.

    Finally, they checked the tickets and got on the train. With the help of the enthusiastic mechanical flight attendants, several of them had a small light rail box with four seats, which was separated from the other boxes by a curtain.

    Sid pushed the luggage under the seat, stood up against the wall of the car and started charging mode.

    Zero opened the curtains and looked out. After the train started slowly, the passengers who were still hovering on the platform gradually turned into elongated shadows, and then the buildings in sight became less and less, turning into billowing yellow sand.

    For most of the trip, the scenery along the light rail route is all desert.

    In this severely desertified world, there are not many places left for human habitation. There are occasionally moving targets in the desert. From a distance, they are pitch-black dots, either aberrants or mining machines.

    The ultra-fast track is driven on the ground, and there are strong fields on both sides of the track. If there is an aberration or beast attack, it will not damage the running carriage.

    Occasionally, when the train stops at other cities, the scenery outside the window will change for a short time. Zero has seen several strange-style buildings, like a high-level stacking of various cultural elements.

    The cities of this world are connected to each other like a marble chessboard, and the vast land in the center is completely filled with sand.

    When there was more than an hour left before the next station, the color outside the window became lighter, and the desert that entered the destination changed from yellow to soft white sand, which means that the area of ​​Baita City is approaching.