Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing

In our world, everyone has something to fear. From ghouls, hags, or wraiths. Monsters, demons, or witches. Zombies, ghosts, wolves, or vampires.

  Though in our world. All of these things exist. Monsters from the darkest corners of your mind exist here, and prey on weak humans to feast on when they least expect.

  Some Monsters dwell in the dark, while others may even walk among you in everyday life. It has been like this ever since history could be recorded, humans would hide away in their houses. Locking their doors, and clutching their crosses in hopes that the evil would pass over. But that hardly ever ended that way for some.

  Mortals feared what they did not understand. This fear lasted for thousands of years. And only grew when Count Dracula, or as he was once known, Vlad the Impaler, made their presence known, and marked the earth with blood.

  The all those of his kin, vampires, cast a bloody shadow over the earth. Feasting on the flesh of mortals, and savoring their meaningless and pitiful attempts to survive. Ruling as the apex predators of the world.

  Though this all came crashing down in the 1800s when a man decided to stand against Dracula. A human by the name of Dr. Abraham Van Helsing, managed to do the impossible, and slayed Dracula, ending the gripping fear that monsters had on humans.

  While at the time he thought it would take a step and rid the world of blood suckers. It only forced vampires to hide and play their moves out more carefully. Though every vampire had one target in mind. Anyone of the Van Helsing blood had to be purged.

  Abraham eventually had a child, and he taught that child all his knowledge on monster hunting, training them up to take on the creatures of the night.

  Then that child had a child. Then that child had a child, and so on.

  This cycle continued, and every generation had a Van Helsing to hunt down all the monsters of the world to keep humanity safe. Abraham even forming an organization to keep this knowledge available to other humans. Though eventually, the Van Helsings were rumored to have gone extinct.

  Paving a way for monsters to creep into the hearts of the public yet again. But that rumor, like a monster that lurks in the dark, would reveal the truth soon enough.

  A man with fear laced in his eyes as he ran anear blinding speeds through the streets. He moved with a purpose as he quickly cut through many alleys until he managed to hear something activate in his ears.

  He swung his wrist back as he narrowly blocked what appeared to be the bolt of a crossbow.

Man: Show yourself! If you aren't afraid then face me like a man, you coward!

  The man hissed.

  From the shadows, his answer soon made itself known. A boy walked out of the shadows holding a crossbow. The man was confused until he saw the boy more clearly. The boy stood at about 5'3 in height and wore a long black coat with shades that obscured their eyes.

  The boy gave a soft smile as his wet (H/C) hair blew in the wet wind.

???: Oh sorry. I aimed for your heart, but you still manage to survive. How silly of me.

Man: What kind of joke is this kid!?

Y/N: I don't joke, but I'll enlighten you. My name is (Y/N), a hunter with no organization, but guard of human kind, and hunter of your filthy kind. You currently are wanted for your unauthorized hunting in my city. And the price, is death.

  The man grew a smirk and soon began to laugh while the boy remained unphased by the attitude as he only felt disappointed that he was unable to finish his introduction.