Chapter 51: Homecoming

That night was an odd one to sleep off. It was odd finding out about your inner demon, let alone that she was one of the most powerful yokai in Japan. You lay awake, staring at the ceiling as you look over at Tamamo.

  She said she misses the sensation of slumber, and so is resting besides you. You get a call on your phone. Not wanting to disturb your fox companion as you go outside to answer it. 

Y/N: Yeah?

Sean: Hey man. 

Y/N: Not that I don't appreciate your call. But, why did you call me so late?

Sean: Well, ever since last year, I assumed you were a night person more often than not. Also, we haven't spoken all year.

  You recall your mood for the past year.. Not really your best time.

Y/N: Yeah. I kinda had problems. But, I'm also trying to get my living situation in control. And, you know. Carmilla and all that.

Sean: You still have to fight her?

Y/N: Well that, or the world get's plunged into darkness. But, I think I can beat her.

Sean: Man, your life has to be the most stressful on earth. Makes me wish you were here with me right now.

Y/N: And where are you?

Sean: A Halloween party. 

  That really took you back. All of this happened because of that Halloween party. The place you first met Aleera. It made you feel a tad bit melancholic. 

Y/N: Hmmm, you want my awkward ass there?

Sean: You were fun, even if you didn't talk much. I just wish you told me about your hunting life. You'd be the coolest kid in school.

Y/N: Yeah. Well, I feel like I get along better with monsters more y this point. Besides, I'd rather not wolf out at your party. I've been keeping it under control for the most part, but better safe than sorry. You have no idea what I've been dealing with.

Sean: Yeah, I hear that. Oh, gotta go. I' being forced on the dance floor.

Y/N: Hehe, good luck.

  With that you end the call, turning your head to gaze up at the moon as it began to break through the clouds. It was still dripping lightly with rain as the scent filled your nostrils to the brim. You enjoyed the rain, and then the light of the moon as it peaks through the clouds was a sight to behold. It filled you with strength as you felt your claws lightly extending.

  You see the moon as it stands over the top of the manor. But then you see something else at the top. Something clinging to the top of the manor as you see something spread out from it. The light from the full moon makes it all too visible, what awaited you at the top.

 The light from the full moon makes it all too visible, what awaited you at the top

  You stare up at her as you feel your blood get cold. They stare at you with a smile, that eerie grin of theirs as they spread their wings, leaping from the top of the manor and landing in front of you.