Chapter 3: Unkindness

~November 2nd~

  After a rough fight between Aleera and Marishka, the two finally managed to wear each other out, and were extremely thirsty yesterday. So thirsty that they both needed blood, unlucky for you, your blood was the closest source on hand, making you sleep literally all day yesterday. Luckily your blood was apparently very good, because for the time being, Marishka decided not to kill you, for now at least.

  Aleera decided it would be good for you to explore the city to get a better case of your surroundings, giving you back all of your weapons except for the "last resort" and your phone. You sighed but went out into the town, since it was day, you assumed that most of the blood suckers would be asleep, but you still readied yourself with your pepperbox just in case. Though that fight you had with Marishka, if you could even call it that, really planted the seeds of doubt in your own abilities.

  You remember, before she went to sleep, Marishka said that monsters here were stronger than the ones I'd be used to back in New Haven. It only made me worried that I really was gonna die. Thinking about it now, the only people who would probably care were your mother and Sean, but that's really it. That would be the end of an era.

Y/N: I can't take any risks. I can't trust a single thing in this city, not even during the day. I guess It's just kill on sight for me. . . Probably also shouldn't mention my last name. Not until I feel a bit more welcome or feared.

  As you walk through the town, it looked and felt very odd. The town had a constant fog that wasn't too thick, but added to the creep factor of the town. There was no sunlight, and it even looked like a weird mix of modern age along with the 1800's in certain buildings. There was a gas station and other modern shops, but there were some that looked very late to mid 1800's.

Y/N: This place is creepy. I can't believe a place like this exists in America and neither me or my mother knew. What a strange space.

  As you made your way through the city, you hear footsteps as you quickly turn behind you pointing your pepperbox in the face of whoever was behind you. Aiming the barrel in the face of a girl in a yellow dress, blond hair, dark skin and a mask covering the top half of her face.

 Aiming the barrel in the face of a girl in a yellow dress, blond hair, dark skin and a mask covering the top half of her face

  She lightly brushes the gun out of the way making you lower it as she gives a light curtsey.

???: Greetings little boy. Thou seems lost.

Y/N: 'Okay, little? She's like the same height as me.' No, I'm not lost.

???: Really now?

  She appears on the other side of your shoulder sending a cold shiver up your spine as she spoke. You spin around to meet her smiling face as she holds out her gloved hand to you. You lightly take her hand, feeling untrustworthy of this girl.

Y/N: 'Is she a vampire? A witch maybe?'

  While in your thoughts, she pulls your hand lightly up to her lips as she gently kisses your hand. Her soft lips leaving a mark on your hand as she looks up at you with a grin.