Chapter 5: Alone

You stare at the building before your eyes as Robin wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

Robin: In Sleepy Hollow, there's different types of monsters here, there are some humans, but they are a rare breed. But here at the High School, there are different cliches here like any old High School. Whether you're a Vampire, a Werewolf, a Witch or Warlock, a Siren, Gorgon, it's like a school for all sorts of spooky monster that humans always fear. 

  You stare at Robin as you try to make a fake smile.

Y/N: Right. Humans.

Robin: Since you're related to the shopkeeper, you have to have some kind of magic in you. So, you a warlock, OH, maybe a sorcerer? Or are you very distant down the line that your another beast.

  Robin places he's hands on your face, making you open your mouth.

Robin: Hmm, no fangs or gills. Your eyes seem relatively normal.

  He grabs your hand, intertwining your fingers with his.

Robin: Hmm, no claws, yet you seem to have near superhuman reflexes and skills in terms of combat.

  Pulling you closer and sniffing you.

Robin: Hmm, but you smell sweet, like a vampire would, though your body is warm. And I don't sense any magic on you or in you. Besides that raven of course. 

  He says referring to your raven that you received from Morrigan. Not wanting to explain too much in such a public setting, you drag Robin by the hand to a more secluded spot from any prying eyes.

Y/N: Okay look, you probably won't believe me, but. I'm only a human.

Robin: . . . Okay? Is that it?

Y/N: You aren't gonna try to kill me?

Robin: Why would I do that?

Y/N: Well. . . Don't witches sacrifice humans to their pagan gods or demons? I assumed you'd throw dust in my face to knock me out then I'd wake up in a spell circle surrounded by your cultic family with bleeding goats, knives, and all speaking Latin.

  Robin looked at you like you had offended him with a fake gasp.

Robin: Please. MY magic, while potent and powerful, does not come from such dark sources. While it is dark, I don't spill the blood of others for it. Though you have made me curious. While humans do dwell in Sleepy Hollow, it's mostly as tourists or they just pass through. Are you a tourist? Or are you here permanently?

Y/N: Because of circumstances I am here permanently. But I never knew there was a school with other little paganistic monsters. Mongrels, Vampires, Ghosts, Ghouls, Sirens, Hags, and all other sorts dwell here, and I'm caught in a town that hates my kind. I can't dwell, let alone go to school here.

  Robin brings his hand up to his chin before he snaps his fingers as an idea comes to him. He rushes to you and wraps his arm around you.

Robin: I may have an idea. I happen to have a magic item that may be able to allow you to dwell in Sleepy Hollow without being seen as odd or as someone's victim.

Y/N: Oh please. It's less about them hunting me, and more about me hunting them. I doubt anyone here could even kill me. . . But, then again, after recent events, I'm starting to doubt my own skills. Besides, I don't need or want your magic.

  Robin 's face grows a saddened expression as you remove his hand from your back.

Y/N: Look, I appreciate your kindness Robin, but I refuse to dwell amongst creatures of the night, especially with the current circumstances. You'd do best to steer clear of me boy. Or else you'll end up dead.