Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll

Some time later, you awaken in an unfamiliar setting. IT was indoors, but the area around you felt different. It felt more comfy, and you felt at ease. The air was still, and had a sweet arouma that drew you to slowly awaken to it. Looking around, the room you were in looked as though it was done in a Victorian style. One of your favorites.

  Sitting up, you hear the door to the room you were in open and you see a familiar face walk over to you.

Claire: Good to see you have awoken.

Y/N: Claire? What happened?

Claire: I found you passed out in the forest. You were drained so I took you here. 

Y/N: Alone?

Claire: No, there was a woman with you. Black hair. She awoke about an hour before you but took off. She was busy and left me with a message for you.

Y/N: I don't wanna hear it. I can take a guess as to what it was.

  There is a still silence in the air as Claire beckons you to come out of the room.

Claire: Come. You look hungry and it's nearly tea time. We have much to discuss.

  You anted to say no, but your growling stomach made it clear that was not an option. So, now you remained with Claire. She led you to the kitchen where you sat at a table. Her house felt like something out of a fantasy book, the more you looked around the more of a euphoric feeling came over you. Like you ere recounting fairy tales your mother would read you.

Y/N: Claire, do you live here alone?

Claire: Yes, although some time ago, my sister used to visit me.

Y/N: You have a sister?

Claire: Yes.

  You were confused on if the sister she spoke of was mechanical like her, or organic. But you didn't feel it was your place to pry. Some time later, Claire came with a up of tea and a plate that had a neat slice of cake on it. She placed both in front of you as she sat across from you.

Claire: Vanilla Rooibos Herbal Tea and a slice of vanilla cake for the kind Van Helsing.

Y/N: Wow, this smells very sweet. But, wait. You know that-

Claire: The woman that was here referred to you as such.

  You say your grace and dig in. Everything was so good. You felt so intoxicated by the flavors, and your senses only made the flavors pop out even more. You were in love and finally felt relaxed. Taking a sigh of relief as you genuinely let a smile find it's way onto your face. You began to feel liquid dripping down your face as Claire looks at you with a confused face.

Claire: Are you alright? I didn't mean to make you cry.

  You notice your tears and let just smile at her. 

Y/N: No, it- This, I mean. It isn't a bad thing. I just, haven't felt this happy in a while. Being in your house, eating this sweet and soft cake, drinking this sweet tea. It just brought me comfort that I haven't felt in a while. I guess it's just been a while since I felt warm.

  Claire smiles at you as she places her hands on the table.

Claire: I am glad. I was able to make you feel warm. . . I have long since forgotten that feeling.

Y/N: Oh, well. I'm sorry.

Claire: Don't be. . . You remind me of my sister is all.

  You tilt your head confused. You remember Claire talking about how she watched her father die in Switzerland.