Chapter 13: Marishka

*November 22nd*

  Rachel sat in her house alone, clicking the barrel of her revolver as she just stared at the ceiling. Her dark hair sprawled out as she feels like she had officially lost everything. This was not something that she had ever expected, but also the worst pain any mother could feel.

  Her only child, the only light she had in her life, the only family she had left was taken from her. But she didn't even have the power to keep her son safe. She looks over at the last picture the two of them had taken together, the only picture that she ever saw her son smiling in.

 She looks over at the last picture the two of them had taken together, the only picture that she ever saw her son smiling in

  As she stares at her smiling baby boy, only wanting, and yearning for any chance to get him back. Holding the picture close to her heart as she silently prays to herself. Ever since you had been taken, she has sent so many prayers that heaven's offices would have been backed up with as many prayers a sad mother could yield for her only on.

  Meanwhile, you and Robin awaken the next day. You notice him still asleep on your chest. Your face goes a bit red as you try to shake him awake. His messy brown hair in your face as you just try to move it out of the way.

  He seemed like a pretty heavy sleeper, so you lightly just get out of his grasp and make your way out of the room. The sound of music filling your ears as you walked down the halls, it was a captivating tone. You recognized it as Marishka's playing, making your way down the long halls to her room. You walk until you come across her door.

  Pressing your ear against it, you can hear the beautiful song along with her humming. The song sounded sad, and weighed heavy on the heart. Even if the heart were one that stopped beating long ago.

  Seeing her door, you peak your head into the crack as you observe her from afar. The air around her seemed sad. And the music rang with a melody that for some reason made your eyes water a bit. You raise your hand to your face, wiping them away. You weren't fond of tears, well, not fond of them if you were the one crying, which brings you back to that fight you had with her. All the fights you have had up to this point.

  You have fought Aleera, Marishka, and a Baskerville hound. Out of the three, the only one that marked you was the hound, as it's bite still burned the side of your neck where you recall it's teeth sinking into. Your wound burning with the memory. 

  You slowly walk into Marishka's room, and slowly approach her as she plays. Her long raven hair gleaming in what little light radiated in the room. 

Marishka: What do you want?

  Her voice sounded more drained and quiet. But still with a cold tone than to her usual sarcasm from before when you first met her.

Y/N: I came to see if you were well. I haven't seen you out in some days now.

Marishka: . . . Do hunters normally check on their prey like this? Though, it would be better to compare you to a pitiful rat that just walked in on a serpent.