Chapter 12: Conflicted

Once you invited Robin inside the manor, you made some tea for yourself and for him, while Aleera drank her own little drink, which was blood of course. Sitting in the dining room, you sat at one end of the table as Robin sat as close to you as possible, while Aleera sat at the other end. The silence occasionally being filled with each of you sipping your respective drinks.

  Robin seems to be the only one with fear in his heart. As you could hear his glass shaking as he brings it up to his lips. Aleera sat and downed her glass, looking down at the two of you, taking a deep sigh.

Aleera: So you were with this boy the entire time ever since you left?

Y/N: Yes.

Aleera: Hmm. . . He's rather pretty for a boy. Should I be worried about that?

Y/N: Of course not, he is strictly a friend, and I am offended you think I would see him as anything more.

  Aleera stares at you, then at Robin.

Aleera: Robin is it?

Robin: EEP! Y-Yes Lady Aleera!

Aleera: Where were you both for the past few days?

  Robin turns to you lightly as you just give him a stare that signaled for him not to stay too much. But Robin didn't have the same nerves as you. He felt great pressure from both ends as he feels as though he is about to collapse in from the two opposing forces on both sides of him.

Aleera: Robin? Where. Were. You-

Robin: I GOT ATTACKED BY A BASKERVILLE HELLHOUND SO (Y/N) CAME TO SAVE ME, WE FOUGHT IT AND BOTH GOT TERRIBLY HURT EVEN THOUGH (Y/N) DID MOST OF THE FIGHTING SO WE WERE SAVED BY A SHOPKEEPER NAMED MORRIGAN AND SHE DECIDED TO HELP US GET STRONGER IN CASE BEASTS LIKE THAT COME AT US EVEN MORE, SO (Y/N) IS ALSO DECIDING TO GO TO SCHOOL WITH ME ONCE THE BREAK IS OVER SO THAT HE CAN INVESTIGATE THE MATTERS FURTHER SINCE HE FINDS IT ODD THAT A BASKERVILLE HELLHOUND JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE IN THE AREA AND SEEMED TO WANT TO LURE HIM OUT WHICH IS KINDA WHAT I THINK TOO!!!! *inhale*

  Robin faceplants on the table as he feels drained from speaking all of that in one breath. You looked at him surprised and a bit irritated at his weak will. 

Aleera: A hound of Baskerville attacked you? But you fought and killed it?

Y/N: . . . Yes.

  Aleera looks as though she is in thought for a moment, looking between the two boys. 

Aleera: Robin, wait out front for a moment. I need to speak with your friend here.

  Robin doesn't hesitate as he rushes out of the dining room and out of the front door. Leaving you and Aleera staring at one another.

Aleera: Perhaps I have been too lenient with you. I gave you strict orders to return to me that night, not any other night, and you couldn't even follow those instructions.

Y/N: With all due respect, I was injured and unconscious until this morning. Besides, I will always return to you Aleera.

  You stand from your seat, walking over to her, snaking your fingers into her hands and pulling her lightly to her feet.

Y/N: I thought you'd be happy to hear that. I am keeping your domain safe, is that a problem.

  You lean into Aleera and lightly kiss her cheek making her shiver a bit at the touch. Giving her puppy eyes to sway her of her anger.

Y/N: Come on. I can handle myself, you need not worry too much about me. I can handle anything that comes my way.

  Aleera cups your face and presses her lips against yours. You humor her and kiss her back.