Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine

*December 16th, ??? POV

  The air felt so lovely this time of year. IT was a beautiful day in jolly ol New York. Well, I guess it ain't so old then huh? I leapt from the ship with my luggage making my way further up the port. I walked fast taking in the sights of the city from here, the beaty of the Statue of Liberty. My country's gift to this one.

???: Catherine! Do not stray far from me!

  I turned to see my partner. A member of the Ashwood clan that hailed from France as well as I.

Catherine: Oh, sorry Val.

  I awaited as Val lightly adjusted his hair, making his way closer to me. Val was my partner in my job here in the city. Our master sent us here on a mission for the Parliament. This mission was to act upon our master's wishes. The current Owl, Val's mother, had foreseen a terrible vision. One that would erupt from here.

Val: You think what master said is true?

Catherine: Possibly. Her visions have yet to be wrong. So why not believe her yet again. But it must be important, then it would be no wonder why she asked us to retrieve the last Van Helsing.

Val: What importance is the last Van Helsing? I heard she was unruly and irresponsibly blood thirsty.

  I shook my head to this.

Catherine: No not Rachel. Her son Raphael. . . or, as he's also called in come places (Y/N).

Val: (Y/N) Van Helsing huh? I am not sure what my mother sees in him. But if she needs him, then we need to find him. Although, you seem extra happy to try to find him. Any particular reason?

Catherine: Well yes. He is my cousin of course. I have never seen him, but I cannot wait. Although I wonder. his last name should be Anne Lorraine if uncle married Rachel, so why is his surname Van Helsing. . . Hmm, well I'll mull that over later. Now, let us depart.

  I led the way as Val followed close to me. We managed to get on a bus to make it to our location faster. Though we did stand out a bit. What with the gothic attire, the Parliament wasn't too keen on blending well in the public eye, but most people thought we were just cosplaying. But the city was so pretty this time of year with Christmas nearing. 

Val: What was it mother told you. I recall you said it was a prophetic vision that came to her.

Catherine: Yes. She said that a great evil will awaken, an evil that will swallow the sun and plunge the world into an eternal night. 

Val: An evil that has awoken? Like Lilith maybe?

Catherine: I thought your ancestor took care of Lilith along side Joan of Arc?

Val: He did. What other evil could there be? You think Dracula?

Cathrine: I'd rather that than Lilith. How did Sentry Ashwood ever overcome her evil?

Val: A secret of the Parliament. During the 100 year war between France and England, the original Parliament was destroyed by children of the night. Sentry was the only survivor since he was called to help the French during the war. He and Joan of Arc fought valiantly, and even faced Lilith's evil together. The details on how they overcame her are a little fuzzy through history.

Catherine: Hmm, he always interested me. Sentry must be the most interesting Ashwood.

Val: I'm right here. Besides, he was more supernatural than anything else. But that prophecy, you said a great evil. What else did it say?

Catherine: Hmm. "A great evil will awaken, an evil that will swallow the sun and plunge the world into an eternal night. That through this great evil, death will take the place of life, angels will fall, and darkness will corrupt even the purest of hearts. Only those aware of the old ways of our lord could diverge this evil."