Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine

You didn't want to admit it, but after everything that happened within the span of your time, it feels as though you had made zero progress. And while you only agreed to help Suzume in order to feel strong, in order to feel like you could do something, you still felt terrible. You were haunted by Carmilla, by the possible possession of this ghost, by the people in Sleepy Hollow. 

  A few days have come and gone, and with each night, fear crowded your heart. The events of the past year filling your mind and body.

Carmilla: Thinking you could just bury what happened back in Sleepy Hollow under the rug and never have to face the consequences again by running? I will never let you forget. Hell, you won't even let yourself forget. You think you can handle anything the world throws at you so you can be strong like your mother? Don't kid yourself. The only person you are fooling is yourself and you know it. You will never know peace and remember what I said. The game only ends when I say it can.

  Her voice echoes in your mind as it laughs, mocking you to the ends of the earth. You wanted nothing more than to blow your own brains out. Thinking that finding things to do and taking action by helping Suzume would distract you and eventually lead you to forget, but you yearned for a connection to them, or to sever it entirely.

   For the next few days until the weekend came, you were so unsure of what to do. But one thing stuck out in your mind. You were going back and were going to end things properly.

  You gathered everything you needed as you grabbed the beckoning bell. You think if it was worth ringing without the ribbon. It could take you to wherever you wanted to go, but the cost wouldn't be worth it.

Y/N: Sutrah. . . I know you can hear me. . . take me back to Sleepy Hollow. . . I want to end things there. 

  You cock your shotgun.

Y/N: Properly.

  There is no response as you are left talking to thin air.

Y/N: . . . What? You want me to beg? Well I am. So please, either you end this story rgiht now, or I end it myself. There's more ways to end a tale-

"But none of the endings thou art bethinking art sound."

  You turn seeing the woman in the golden dress and mask who you have made yourself familiar with. She sits on your bed looking at you, but no longer sporting her usual smile. You looked at her, wanting to be angry, but also just happy to see a familiar face. You mix yourself between smiling and furrowing your brow to anger as you just look at her, gathering yourself and taking a deep breath.

Y/N: About time.

  She stands from the bed walking over to you, caressing your face.

Sutrah: Tis been only a dram over a week and thee hath called on me. Thee must be in most wondrous distress

Y/N: 'She got more Shakespearean than I remembered.' You tell me, you're the all powerful god.

  Sutrah pulls you closer to her as she embraces you. You feel comforted, not being touched like this for some time was driving you insane. She brings you to the bed as you rest your head on her chest. You bury your face between her breasts as you feel your heart yearning and aching.

Sutrah: Thou art still wounded deeply. Thy heart cries to me. A somber melody hast tainted the very air around thee. Such tragedy

Y/N: Then fix me. Fix this. Get involved for the love of god. I don't wanna do this anymore. Can't you just make a world where I just don't have to deal with ANYTHING?!?! Like where I don't have to do anything and just live.