Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother

*December 10th*

  As you kissed down Lenore's body, you feel yourself compelled to stop. Stopping as you can't help but feel a sense of guilt. Was this because of the spell? You had no idea. But you wouldn't handle the feeling. You climb back up her body and rest your forehead against hers.

Y/N: Lenore. I'm sorry. But, out of respect for you, and someone else, I can't lay with you.

  You expected her to be furious or hurl insults your way. You were a little worried to look her in the face, but you heard her take a deep sigh.

Lenore: Phew. I thought it was just me. I don't think I could have gone through with it as well. For many reasons, but I didn't want the whole school finding out I slept with the Theater Arts Teacher's son. That'd be a new low for me. . . But, even if that is the spell talking, you are very respectful.

Y/N: Hehe, I was taught well.

  You rested your head on Lenore's chest as you felt her fingers running through your hair, undoing it and letting it all fall. You both remained in each other's grasp, sharing kisses every now and again, all until the sun fully set. As you held onto her, you remembered what she told you earlier.

Y/N: Lenore. You said I looked like someone. Who was it I look like?

Lenore: . . . It's . . . a bad memory. 

Y/N: Well, I'm all ears.

  She looks down at you with a smirk.

Lenore: Don't think this makes us friends or anything. I'm only doing this because. . . okay, I admit. I like you a little. 

Y/N: Hehe, I guess I like you too. Besides, we weren't able to copulate tonight. I'd like to know why you hated me originally. 

  Lenore rolled her eyes as she continues to stroke your hair.

Lenore: . . . Fine. You're lucky your cute. Anyway, when I was little, I lived in London with my family. MY mother and father were both high ranking people in our "Special Court," and the same was to be expected from me when I came of age. MY mother had. . . violent tendencies, especially with how people treated her in her life, she didn't want that for me, and usually took it out on her nightly hunts, on those who offended me or our family. She managed to terrorize the people of London who offended us to keep me safe. While it was out of love, I didn't want her to hurt humans for my sake. Eventually, the human world investigated deeper into her crimes, tying the murders and disappearances to a vampire. Though my father had already discussed this bloodthirst of hers and she did stop, but the dye was cast and it was too late. A hunter caught wind of her, and was already hunting her.

  You felt her grip tighten on you.

Lenore: A Van Helsing.

  You felt your heart sink as you had a feeling you knew what was going on

  You felt your heart sink as you had a feeling you knew what was going on. But you really didn't want to believe it.

Lenore: This Van Helsing hunted us for a time and killed many in the court. She was considered one of the most dangerous hunters of her time. Even when she found our Ancestral home and murdered my mother while my father was away. I'll never forget her cold gaze. Most hunters kill for justice, or vengeance. I could have forgiven her for that. But her eyes showed none of that. . . Nothing but the thrill of the hunt. Her eyes. One a warm gold tone almost like yours, the other, a cold silver tone. She was tall with long dark hair and used a shotgun to end my mother's life.