Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow

You quickly engage Ruth as she fires her shots, missing you by the skin of your teeth. You stand in front of her gun with the barrel against your head.

Y/N: Go on. I'll make it easy for you now.

  Ruth grits her teeth as she pulls the trigger. But you evade at bullet time, grabbing the rifle and yanking her closer as you dig your fist into her stomach. Sending her deeper into the forest. You wanted to assume she really was this weak, but she was centuries old, you weren't ever going to underestimate anything ever again. Humility was something you needed to hold close as to not let your ego get in the way. Although even if your ego did get in the way, you knew to use EVERYTHING to kill whatever opposed you.

  You rush after Ruth as she grabs you by your neck slamming you to the floor. Stepping on your face over and over again. On the last stomp you grab her foot and twist it roughly making her fall off balance, you recover by tripping her off of her other foot and hopping to your feet charging her and slamming her against a tree. You chop her in the throat making her gag then send a few quick jabs to her stomach.

  She catches your fist twisting it in her grasp and smashing your nose with a punch as you get sent back some, digging your claws into the earth preventing yourself from traveling any further.

Ruth: You are a strong one. I must say I am so proud of your strength. You use Mistress Carmilla's blood vell. 

Y/N: I appreciate the compliment. But you do understand I don't intend on letting you live. We may be kin right now. But I am no friend of yours.

Ruth: Oh, I am not worried about zat. You'll be on our side once the moon is full.

Y/N: Oh don't worry. I never planned on letting you see the moonlight ever again. I'm done being kind.

  You vanish in a ploom of bats grabbing Ruth by her throat as you catch her fist in your hand. You kick her knee in as you hear an all too satisfying snap making her fall to her knees. You grab her head as you smash her head against the tree over and ever, as you are distracted in bashing her skull into the tree, she grasps at your wrists to fore you off, but you were stronger than she was. Throwing her to the ground and kicking her in the ribs.

  Sadly she vanishes into the shadows making you look around. You hear her rack a bullet into her rifle as she fires a shot at you, as you evade you receive a heavy fist to the back of your head sending you flying into a tree, smashing into it face first.

  You weakly get back up as your wounds heal, turning to see a tall man, but not just any man.

Ruth: Took you long enough to get here Ethan.

Ethan: Didn't wanna cut in. You looked like you needed the help. Just let me handle the pipsqueak.

Ruth: Vell I guess. I'll watch you fight zen. It should be interesting anyway to see a Bloodstone in action.

  You stand face to face against Lenore's father.

Y/N: Is this because I am dating your daughter? Or is this just because I'm a Van Helsing.

Ethan: To be honest, both. Especially after what your mother did to my wife. So I'll make sure she never sees her son ever again.

Y/N: Hmmph, revenge. I can respect it. But for the sake of your daughter, I recommend you not fight me. You kill me, she loses something, and if I kill you, she loses something more. So please. I already promised not to hurt her anymore. 

Ethan: Like she'd forgive you if-

Y/N: She already knows what I am and still choses to love me.

Ethan: An who are you to judge me.